Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
So this is going to be the dumbest of dumb questions, I'm sure. But does Keitai Sousakan 7 count enough as a toku show to discuss it in this thread? Because goddrat, I have the worst urge to rewatch it now that more people are starting to. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

Dr Tran posted:

Are the 32 eps ShinkenAnon finished still on the internet?

They're on nyaa, but they only have a couple seeders per torrent.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

Hey shut up about subs for a minute, apparently Hurricanger is getting a 10th anniversary movie!

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

Hurricane Blue never stopped being in Toku. She was in an arc of W (The magician's assistant), Fourze (The teacher who knew kickboxing) and apparently she's going to be one of the spirit rangers in Kyoryuger as well.

Well of course she didn't, Nao Nagasawa is practically a one-woman toku machine at this point :shobon:

But it's nice to at least know what the other members of the team have been up to (although I vaguely remember some tabloid nonsense about Hurricane Red's actor being caught cheating on his girlfriend. But that's not really acting.)

VV edit; You're right, I forgot about Gokai for some dumb reason.

Miss Kalle fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 31, 2013

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

Box of Bunnies posted:

Does Japan do April Fools?

Not really, there have been a few mild pranks here and there but it's not as ridiculously prevalent as American pranks are.

I kind of doubt they'd go through the trouble of making a Facebook page and promos with the main cast for an April Fool's joke, though. And considering the release date is in August, it's even more plausible. But hey, if it is somehow a prank we can all have a laugh, I guess? (at my expense I'm assuming)

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

Flameingblack posted:

The kanji looks a lot more like "Power Rangers" than "Powerful Rangers" to me. Who translated that, TV-N? But yes, it at least says Power Rangers so it's probably true

It's a bit hard to make out because of the image quality, but the kana says パワフル (pawaafuru) so yeah, it was meant to be Powerful.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

Regardless of where it's filmed now, it doesn't change the fact that JEFusion commenters are dim as gently caress.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

So this is a thing that apparently exists.

quote:

The upcoming Power Rangers series is using our beloved Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger as a toy commercial for the twentieth anniversary that rightfully belongs to the original Japanese Super Sentai Series which is an iconic artform in Japan. Saban doesn't understand how much of a masterpiece Super Sentai is and has continued to create season after season of a show that talks down to its audience with bland characters instead of teaching them better and more realistic life lessons with sophisticated characters that are well loved and cared about. Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger is going to be the next victim in this copy cat massacre. As fans we have a god given right to speak up and not let good art go to waste. Let the american people and Saban know that corruption has to stop even with good television shows.

:laffo: Yeah have fun with that buddy.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

Psh, it's the Rock Quarry all the way ya losers :colbert:

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

Judging from my friends' reactions online you'd think the episode was literally 22 straight minutes of sweaty shirtless Daigo.

... Not that sweaty shirtless Daigo is bad, mind.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

Modern Day Hercules posted:

I don't know if it's a popular opinion but I really did like Den-O. Aside from that I've only seen Decade and a bit of Wizard and I didn't like either of them. I've been meaning to watch Fourze because I've seen bits here and there and it seems really good, just haven't got around to it.

Den-O is pretty fun. It's actually the first Rider series I watched to completion :shobon: series-wise, at least. I still have yet to see ... three of the movies? Four? Bah, the only good ones were the first two, anyway. (Although the second is good in more of a guilty pleasure way.)

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

Potsticker posted:

It's 9/13.

913 is the code for the Kaixa driver to activate it.

Technically doesn't this year mean it's Kaixa Month?

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

Dexie posted:

Six episodes into Go-onger. Sosuke seems like kind of a jerk so far.

He loosens up fairly early on -- I think it's episode 8 where he gets hit with something that he actually has to learn from for once, and then he just keeps on rolling the Enjoyably Dumbassed train.

If you want jerks, wait until the Wings show up.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

Why do I feel like this is going to exist only to give Den-O the leading Rider role in the next Super Hero Taisen movie?

(I'm only half-joking about this.)

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

It was directed by the guy who did Robo-Geisha, so that accounts for a lot of things.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

Ehh, G12 at least was able to move around pretty freely. Plus all its parts are integrated pretty sensibly (unlike poor Shinken Pink and Yellow, whose Origami are literally just stuck to Samurai HaOh's feet unfolded because no one could figure out where the hell else to put them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

I readily admit to hating the poo poo out of Akiko when I first started watching (and the first half of the Sweets arc is basically her at her most obnoxious for me -- the second half, she's pretty cool) but over time I've mellowed out on her, especially after learning her background.
I guess going from hate to love is a W fan's rite of passage, considering just how many people I've talked to have felt the same way.

• Locked thread