Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
Did you ever meet Master’s parents? Can you tell me about them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010
Yes to making the biggest bestest blanket

This is the second best dogger in the whole of the Urverse and we, as someone who is linked with the best one should know just how terrible of a pain this one's in and I really don't think it's a waste of time or resources.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Diogines posted:

"He hit them very hard or cut them or did the big WOOSH FATOOSH WHOOO KASOOSH things."

Further attempts to figure out what the heck that means do not go particuarly well, your best guess is he may mean something mystical?

Did he ever bury them in their own, or any of your, Dens?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

alpaca diseases posted:

DE

Just to let Zabdi know that Yetledtov didn’t seem to know we were coming? That’s a bit odd eh? but anyway

Otherwise he’s super cool, a good boy, and we’re hoping we can have another audience with him at his pleasure. He’s but a bit sad ‘The Leader’ doesn’t come by as often as they/previous leaders used to to sing to and play with them tho?

Commend Good Boys guards on the way out for their unwavering duty (try to sneak a Blooded lineage check in)

Offer a not-insignificant sacrifice at the cities Temple to El, for Yetledtov (dog)s health and happiness

These but I do want to more explicitly call out the BS pretenses for bringing us here and not pay for the slaves Zepathans

Sorry vote counters/interpreters!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Greggster posted:

Yes to making the biggest bestest blanket

This is the second best dogger in the whole of the Urverse and we, as someone who is linked with the best one should know just how terrible of a pain this one's in and I really don't think it's a waste of time or resources.

I mean, it’s an absolute given we must do this as some point. But maybe wait until we’ve figured out how to feed and house everyone?

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
About a 100 years ago Enkidel took a minotaur to Baitel earning a LOT of fame.

Has ever since no group of young Kavodelian adventurers tried to one up him and take 2 minotaurs? Or another monster?

It seems like such an obvious way to get the Magistrate’s attention, I’m surprised it hasn’t been attempted.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Aren't the minotaurs basically just kept in reserve now because they don't actually seem to be able to do anything?

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Diogines posted:

"Yes! I like you and I like him too. You should come back and we can play games."

The special, superior cloth used to make that blanket actually takes quite a lot of time to make, this was not a cheap gift. It is not... civic-engineering-project scale expensive but it is not trivial, ONE blanket of that quality big enough for the entire dog is not a small thing, it really probably is not something you want to devote your limited labor resources too right now? Though of course if you want to, you can. You are the King after all! But the women who would work on it would probably help a lot of your people a lot more doing other things.

[...]

I hope you are feeling better today A Terrible Person.

Lots of interesting answers in there! Looks like we may be able to make inroads towards putting the current Steward in check. Or at least having a new friend to visit on occasion and maybe sway towards our peculiar way of thinking.

But, yeah, the blanket would definitely have to wait and be for a very special occasion. As old as Yeledtov is, we may have plenty of time to put something together.

Also thanks! I'm feeling much better finally.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

SerSpook posted:

Manna like Asahel gave us, so basically nephesh made as a food.

This is really interesting, not just because we got confirmation on a decade old event, but that this stuff was being made and fed to mortal creatures in a casual/irresponsible manner. It suggests that you can literally introduce nephesh into a creature that has none, complete with side effects when it runs out.

Those hunger demons must have been a surprise to everyone involved in the practice, which is why so much of the former world has been buried.

Also who wants to bet that nephesh = El himself. Enkidel is feasting upon the flesh of god.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Freakazoid_ posted:

This is really interesting, not just because we got confirmation on a decade old event, but that this stuff was being made and fed to mortal creatures in a casual/irresponsible manner. It suggests that you can literally introduce nephesh into a creature that has none, complete with side effects when it runs out.

Those hunger demons must have been a surprise to everyone involved in the practice, which is why so much of the former world has been buried.

Also who wants to bet that nephesh = El himself. Enkidel is feasting upon the flesh of god.

Really feels like if it were possible to go hunger demon from eating Nephesh or whatever, the Orm wouldn't be in a position where he could ever pop out.

Honestly, I'm curious how Demi-gods, such as HER or Piss Fruit Winged Man (can't remember the name) or whoever else are destroyed. It seems like if it were possible to actually destroy the Hunger Demons they would be.

Given how much Good Boy's story seems to match the Orm (you stay here and keep people safe), I wonder whether they went out Knowing what was going to happen to them, and made a deal that their creations / pets / whatever would be allowed to remain. Hootie was definitely on the more aggressive side of keeping the place hidden, but it sounds like the same deal, along with their not descending to HUNGER when they died.

Really kind of wish Ishamal were still here, much as we complain about him I think we would actually get more out of him than most of our Melachim.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

Nephesh being the flesh of El has been a long standing theory of mine, yeah. It fits too many creation stories we know, including the thread OP.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Yea I’d say this is a Zepa ‘remove yourself from the world* and in exchange we promise to look after ____’ type deal.

I don’t think the birds were in the same boat, instead just doing an Amos and agressively sequestered themselves so they didn’t get the choice forced upon them

*with the implication** that it = Mt Har, with how they end up there being up to them

** with Zepa*** infact coming from the direction of the mountain when we hosed up so bad even he was pissed****

*** or whoever took the name Zepa

**** in a retconned timeline

(Deep breath)Good Boy, how did your Master feel when he left, was he particularly or unusually sad?

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

alpaca diseases posted:

(Deep breath)Good Boy, how did your Master feel when he left, was he particularly or unusually sad?

Oh, sonofa...

"...did you feel proud that he trusted you with his people until he came back?"

I'm not angry, just disappointed.

DCBomB
Sep 14, 2008

1A
Though I would also very much like to try and mentally contact the original Asahel and Amos on the way home. Out of this city's ownership radius

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Do you know what makes people mad?

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Do you know what makes winged people crazy?

When Leaders came to talk to you, what did you talk about? What do you tell this leader?

What games do you play with Friend and Leader?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

MinistryofLard posted:

Do you know what makes people mad?

Walking into a room and farting?

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

In many circles and depending on circumstances such as timing, pose and vocals that could be considered comic relief.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Snarls walked into a tavern and said, 'I can't see a thing. I'll open this one.'

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Vote totals were kind of low but D wins, which was...

quote:

D. I want to do something else with Zabdi, son of Kedar, the Steward of Yeledtov. What? Fill in.

What you wanted to do was ambigious and D was way ahead of everything else. There is not enough information for us to process what you do next, so we need another vote.

Keep in mind that while generally the Armanumians will be quite pleased to see you bringing home so many of their people, some will be a bit disappointed that you actually made a deal with their Hated Foe instead of just kicking their asses or threatening them, but that should be relatively minor. Conservative Zepathans won't be happy about MORE foreigners coming, Enkidel is practically opening the floodgates! Many from Kavodel will also likely be unhappy about bringing more people to Zepath due to the general xenophobia of your people. A smaller portion of the most hardcore abolitionists won't be happy that you bought slaves and would have prefered you used force. Those with large stockpiles of gold, silver and gems will be displeased you made a purchase that they will likely see as "unnecessary" while you have simultaneously been urging people to NOT unload their big stockpiles to prevent hyperinflation in this region of Ur.

The Armanumians will definitely be unhappy about friendly relations with Yeledtov, who have stolen from them in raids for generations and enslaved their people and not be happy about any new military agreements or trade relations.

Which is not to say you are going to bring about civil disorder or rebellion over this, for the most part the unhappiness should be mild, but you would probably want to know how your decisions influence your people so we are telling you. You remain beloved and are generally massively popular among all of your subjects, even most of the conservative Zepathans like you, only those close to the Mighty Men have strong negative feelings.

1. What do you want to do with Zabdi, son of Kedar, the Steward of Yeledtov?
A. I had a change of heart. Nothing. I want to go home, we are done here.

B. Tell the Steward you know he was lying and that Yeledtov didn't invite Snarls.
C. Tell the Steward you know he was lying and that Yeledtov didn't invite Snarls and chastise him for lying in his King's name.
D. Tell the Steward you know about the plot to abduct Snarls. Threaten him in a vague manner that you and your people are not to be messed with.

E. Threaten him in a vague manner that you and your people are not to be messed with.

F. Try to arrange for trade.
G. Try to arrange for limited military cooperation in that you'll agree to report on any Bnaimokt raiders or monsters other non-human dangers.

H. Demand his subjugation and vassalage.

I. Tell him to spend more time with Yeledtov. We would like to point out that Yeledtov does not seem lonely or particularly upset that Leader does not visit them much, they were simply answering your question that THIS Leader does not visit much. But some people suggested this, so it gets a letter. Yeledtov has His Friend to keep him company and occasionally other people as well, just not Leader.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

1. F + G All I care about is making the most beneficial trade and military agreement possible. We’ve made our power clear, so I’m content to let the rest sit and move on.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Can we ask the Steward to say he return the slave to us for free as a gesture of friendship while we use our private wealth to pay for them?

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
voting to do the B vote that won in a landslide and retcon this part, ty

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
D + C

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Sure +1

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
C + D

Since yeah, Enkidel would be upset about that.

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
G

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

C + D

Since yeah, Enkidel would be upset about that.

Time to loom over this guy menacingly.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

gently caress this dude and their lovely city.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I want to restore Yeledtov to active kingship and decision-making. If they’re going to say the dog is their king, they better start acting like it.

I think first we’d need to try to convince Yeledtov of a few key points:
  • Bad leadership puts The People in danger.
  • The steward is being a bad leader by lying to The People about what Yeledtov says.
  • The steward is also bad for planning to forever separate Snarls from us, Snarls’ master.
  • One of the best ways to keep The People safe from demons is for people to not needlessly fight and raid each other, and instead all unite to fight only the demons. Raiding helps the demons and ultimately hurts The People.
  • Yeledtov knows better than anyone else what Master would have wanted.

HBar fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 29, 2024

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
DC

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
A

GO HOME

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Come on guys, don’t cut off our noses to spite our faces.

No matter how much the humans here suck, we need food and trade. Let’s suck it up and at least TRY to work out a beneficial deal of some kind.

Like, call him out if you want, but at least attempt to call him out along with negotiating anything we can for food or our traders too. Big picture. If we only work with non-assholes we are going to have a real problem feeding multiple cities.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
C+D They got us here under false pretences and with malicious intent.

G But they are still human and ostensibly team El. For all their bad faith, the enemies of us all still need to be opposed.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Chastisement won’t be very construcive if it’s only coming from us. It should be coming from Yeledtov directly, if we can convince her.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

F+G

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

D + I

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

D

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Voting C+F

Kinda want to incorporate D, but don't really want him to know how much we know, either. Or wonder how we figured it out.

I think just the fact that their dogs are useless against Enkidel (and thus, potentially, his allies) was enough to thoroughly shake them. Their entire culture is apparently "Dog" and "War," yet their battle Buddies are just gonna start wiggle-butt wagging whenever they get within sight/smell of Zepath. And that's probably going to mess with them for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

BFG I

“I know, and I know you know I know” would be more effective than chastisement as it’s not a direct attack on his pride

FG for obvious reasons

I would hopefully be a beginning nudge towards being more less of a slaving rear end in a top hat and more protecting The People