Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forge_Pharaoh
Jul 4, 2010
A few weeks ago I found this kitten in the engine of my parked car while I was at work. I subsequently adopted her and named her Sophia and I absolutely love her.

Unfortunately, I noticed what looked like worms in her stool this morning.

She's also been leaving what look like little brown grains of rice behind when she sits/lays sometimes which the internet tells me is another symptom of worms. I immediately went to the vet and got her a deworming pill, which I gave her. They said it should take about two weeks to take full effect, at which point I should come back for another one. My question is, should I worry about my own health? I've had to keep her and her litter box in my room so far and previous to me finding out about the worms she'd been sleeping on my bed. I washed the bedding, litter box, and vacuumed when I discovered the worms but I'm wondering if I should do anything else. Since this is more about my health than my pet's, let me know if I should move this post to another forum. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

No, you're fine. She got the tapeworms by ingesting a flea that had tapeworm eggs in it (it's part of their life cycle). She's not directly infective to you. The second pill is just to kill any worms that were in the wrong stage for the first pill to work. Keep her on good flea control and it shouldn't happen again.

• Locked thread