Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I eagerly await a Cantaur's Worries anime adaptation (because of the batshit crazy world they live in). MonMusu wouldn't be bad either.

Centaur's Worries anime would be the poo poo. The fact that it explores social issues as well as it does it a plus too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Great Rumbler posted:

Cute girls doing cute things in a blood-soaked zombie nightmare.

Having read the manga it is exactly that.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Just watch S1 of Lovelive at least people. It's pretty good

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The Monkey Man posted:

There was a Rail Wars promo poster where the girls were tied to each other like rail cars in bikinis.

Yes, they were literally comparing women with objects.

I honestly expected something worse on how you described it. That's just anime fanservice

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Well Aldonoah zero knew how to start off an ep. A lot of exposition and info dumping but not too much to make it boring. Stuff happened and I'm eagerly awaiting the repercussions of it

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I like on the map NK is completely gone. I wonder what they did to piss the Martians off to get wiped off the map literally.

And a lot of countries and places have landmass missing.

Bloody hell the first Martian incursion was no jokes was it?

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Another Poster posted:

Barakamon is hilarious fun. Finally a decent comedy show.

Aldnoah was pretty to watch. The touchdown was pretty sweet.

Barakamon is a seriously amazing feels good show. Recommend everyone to watch it

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

dogsicle posted:

When Asseylum is talking to Edelrittuo (ugh, these names) in the elevator, she says that tracing the heritage of the Vers far enough back would lead to ancestors they share with Terrans. It's not very specific, but I feel like it implies the Vers have been around for longer than 42 years.

That's the impression I got too. That statement doesn't make it seem like they are some recent offspring of Earth unless they are all bloody messed up in terms of time due to the alien tech

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I heard it was 2 cour

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

HenryEx posted:

Watched Nozaki.

You can see the budget for the show's pretty tight. And whoa, yeah they padded the hell out of some of those jokes, mostly by turning up the romance. It's not the almost non-stop funny barrage the manga often was... yet. But yeah, as others have said, just the two characters so far, not much to work with. I'm getting loving giddy with anticipation seeing all these Best Characters show up in the opening already.

Oh yeah, OP good. Some nice visuals, and the music doesn't make me want to kill myself, which instantly puts it ahead of 90% of all openings i've seen skipped.
Can't quite say the same about the ED.

I imagined Main Dude to have a slightly deeper voice, tho. But they perfectly nailed his hilarious perpetual gaze of bored contempt. And for all the talk of padding, bicycle gag was still pretty good. Also, cats.

God the amount of best characters next week is going to be insane. Can't wait for Sae

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I'm so happy that Nozaki-kun's adaptation was good. The best character will be appearing in episode two so I'm pretty excited.

There's so many best characters appearing next week, pretty excited. Best girl and Sae are appearing and it's going to be amazing

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Man the ED of that show is deliciously haunting. Premise is slightly dull but at least the animation is nice.

Need to see how it develops from here

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Nozaki is Shounen actually. And having just watched the next episode I am confident it will be the funniest show of the season. Everyone should watch it

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

chumbler posted:

To be fair, with the way it's going there will probably be at least one heavily shoujo portion of a future episode.

Sabagebu has gotten even dumber and better in its second episode. The main character is also a total unapologetic rear end in a top hat and it's great.

The main character is a hilarious rear end in a top hat. I'm surprised by how much I laughed at it

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I was making jokes about is this Hanamonogatori because of it. But yeah the best character was indeed the best

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

zorak pls tell them to make the Bonnouji anime

That would be rad. And everyone please read the manga thanks

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

kater posted:

For the love of god someone tell me something to watch this season besides Barakamon.

What people said already (like loving watch Nozaki at least) and Aldnoah Zero

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

HiveCommander posted:

That's because there's more reason for a genre-specific thread to exist than a studio thread. People would wander into a seinen thread and ask for some recommendations or discuss a new chapter of something that doesn't have enough interest to warrant it's own full thread. If someone went into a Trigger thread for similar reasons, what would they say? "Which of these two shows should I watch, or would I be better off reading the OP of the show's respective threads and make a decision myself?".

I guess you could talk about a studio's quirks :shrug: but I doubt you could reach 20 pages of meaningful discussion specifically centered on SHAFT head-tilts and crazy backgrounds.

Yeah the amount of stuff I got out of the genre threads is pretty amazing. Especially the surreal slice of life one where I picked up so many manga I wouldn't have.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Not a big surprise really. No heir to properly lead the studio and with the recent production not making that much profit.

Can't rely on one person to keep a company going this long

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Nate RFB posted:

I'm surprised at how little that upsets me. I guess mostly because I haven't truly loved a new Ghibli film in a long, long time. However if this were to derail any Blu-ray releases that would certainly suck, though by the sounds of it it's not like they would be closing all of their doors.

Same here. Like yeah I do love the brand for giving me the past enjoyments but if it can't continue to give what made it good then it's time for it to fade out

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Wow

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

On a unrelated new Prison School is going to get an anime. Probably OVA but who knows.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-08-04/akira-hiramoto-kangoku-gakuen-prison-school-manga-gets-anime/.77267

I guess having your great blues manga cancelled turned alright for him in the end

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Aug 4, 2014

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Tokyo Ghoul suffers from basically skipping a lot of the content. I suggest you check out the manga despite it's lackluster translations.

It's a good show still but basically carried by the voice acting for me really.

And jesus christ RasputinVarez

Did you really have to post that.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Source material is fantastic. I was wary about the how they changed how the protagonist to look but from the trailer it seems my worry is unfounded

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Oh wow the casting for that is loving spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

It's rushing too much stuff for me to enjoy it. The manga is just too much better for me. I'm entertained but not enough to praise it

• Locked thread