Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Today is June 6th in 1944 on this day the United States engaged in the largest amphibious assault in history to help free Europe from Nazi Germany. 2500 Americans died today, more than the first 9 years of the Vietnam war*, the first four years in Iraq**, or more than the entire Afghanistan** operation to date.

Thank an old vet today if you see one

*wikipedia from '56 to '65
**icasualties.org

These casualty #s may be off but i am using them to.demonstrate a point, not to inform in an academic context. Plz correct me
E:clariced 2500 americans

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Good.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Okinawa was a bigger operation than D-Day iirc.

180,000 invasion force in Okinawa, 156,000 on D-Day.

Japanese were cray yo

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
if more americans had survived ww2, there would be tens of thousands more babyboomers to gently caress up everything in the world

thank you for your sacrifice, greatest generation

Sunshine Mix
Jun 11, 2009
as someone who has played Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, I

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Finally, years of following @realtimewwiii pay off

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sunshine Mix posted:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

MOHAA was an incredible game

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Obama was on in Normandy for the ceremony. He looked aggressively bored the whole time, obstinately chewin' on bubblegum, staring at his knees when protocol required him to clap, etc. Thanks, Oguma.

Queen Elizabeth II squinted the whole time, which gave her an angry look. She seemed to be readying herself to bite someone's neck off. She smiled only once, when she got in her car to leave.

Putin put on sunglasses, then took them out.

Hollande probably did things, as the host, but I fell asleep every time he was on the screen so I don't know what.

The ceremony ended with some weird interpretative dance.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Sunshine Mix posted:

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

whatis posted:

if more americans had survived ww2, there would be tens of thousands more babyboomers to gently caress up everything in the world

thank you for your sacrifice, greatest generation

KierkegaardsHo
Mar 21, 2004

No heroism, no matter how great, ever gives you the right to drive 40mph on the highway seven decades after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
rip caro, a real hero

• Locked thread