Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
Except unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
ghost ride or die

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
agreed. cars should be banned in major cities except for like delivery(commercial) vehicles.

a creepy colon
Oct 28, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:gas:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Xaris posted:

agreed. cars should be banned in major cities except for like delivery(commercial) vehicles.

make it a felony to drive with empty seats in ur car

just one of the many downsides

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Fishy Joe posted:

ghost ride or die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCU6LrW0B1s&t=72s

Al Nipper fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 10, 2014

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
i like cars bc there is the probability that one might run the op over

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Fireless Phoenix posted:

i like cars bc there is the probability that one might run the op over

only time ive ever had a run in with a car on my bike is when i ran into one and hosed the door up (bike/warrior unscathed)

aint scared of poo poo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like cars because I like to get where I'm going in a reasonable amount of time, and also not be sweaty and gross when I get there.

Also, if I wanted to, I could even take quite a few things back home with me. Groceries, say, or maybe a chair someone gave me. A snowboard.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

down with slavery posted:

make it a felony to drive with empty seats in ur car

There should be a law that drivers are obliged to pick up hitchhikers until their cars are full. Then people could hitch to work and there'd be less traffic on the streets.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

not be sweaty and gross when I get there.

you could always not be fat?

have you ever heard of "in shape"?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Moridin920 posted:

Also, if I wanted to, I could even take quite a few things back home with me. Groceries, say, or maybe a chair someone gave me. A snowboard.

I drive literally everywhere, even when I don't need to, just in case somebody gives me a chair or a snowboard and I need to get it home.

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

sorry youre poor op

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

you could always not be fat?

have you ever heard of "in shape"?

yeah wear slacks and a button up shirt and then ride a bike 5+ miles up and down hills and just be fresh out the shower when you get there right

or do you do that thing where you have to carry a change of clothes where ever you go and then you go use the bathroom and do the sink wash and change into the non bike riding clothes

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
bike riders are unshaven smelly granola hippiefags. pass.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

AE-35 Unit posted:

sorry youre poor op

actually not having car makes u richer :lifehack:

Moridin920 posted:

yeah wear slacks and a button up shirt

you are "that guy" aren't you?

also you should be able to comfortably bike 5 miles without breaking a sweat tubbo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

you are "that guy" aren't you?

no I just mean you can't be expected to wear breathable spandex anywhere you go in life

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

no I just mean you can't be expected to wear breathable spandex anywhere you go in life

if you are the bossman and u make the rules... you'd be surprised

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
well you can do anything you're your own person, but you know it comes with social consequences bossman or no

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

well you can do anything you're your own person, but you know it comes with social consequences bossman or no

tbqh im not going to defend spandex, its p dumb

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

once i got stuck behind a bicyclist for like 5 minutes on a busy 2 lane country road with a sidewalk so when I finally passed him I got my passenger to throw the half full warm melted slurpee from the cup holder at him and flipped him the bird

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

I like bike lanes and riding a bike but most of the time I'm a motorist and when something like critical mass happens or some douchebag cyclist rides in the middle of the road instead of the bike lane and won't let me pass him I wanna get my grandma's big ol beat-up 90s cadillac and turn them all into roadkill

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

seriously i hope he got stung by bees for that poo poo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Feranon posted:

I like bike lanes and riding a bike but most of the time I'm a motorist and when something like critical mass happens or some douchebag cyclist rides in the middle of the road instead of the bike lane and won't let me pass him I wanna get my grandma's big ol beat-up 90s cadillac and turn them all into roadkill

holy gently caress i got stuck in critical mass once, what a god drat loving joke an way to make everyone hate bikers. it was just like a cloud of like 500 people on bikes going aroun the block in circles blowing through all the stops/redlights in a ring. even pedestrians couldnt cross the street and were yelling at them.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ghost ride the bitch

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion
yeah OP you tell em

everyone should live in big cities i'm sure rooftop farming will sustain us

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

YarPirate posted:

yeah OP you tell em

everyone should live in big cities i'm sure rooftop farming will sustain us

bikes are a perfectly appropriate transportation method for a healthy adult up to 10-15 miles comfortably in one direction

cars are cool if you need them for what they are but if u commute 20 minutes to work each day sitting in ur car alone jerking it to npr ur prolly a shithead

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i get in my car and drive like 5 minutes to work every day it's great

I couldn't go smoke weed in my car if I took a bike to work now could I

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

get hosed OP i drive a truck not a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Outta the way, bicthes! I got places to be.

• Locked thread