Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
and windows 9 (codename burlapshaft) is soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HTML5 posted:

the helvetica just looks so lifeless

what my phone is a lifeless consumer electronics device?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it looks ok but is it oculous rift ready

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that ad makes me hard out hate apple

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
really? youa ctually like the ad?

you know who their ad demographic is right? mindless house wives with rich husbands and kids and husbands to placate

is that you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cremnob posted:

stop trying to be counter culture echinopiss and get the latest macs and iphones

lol that ad is really ugh. i mena i get how you could be "well i dont like it but i see how it appeals to others", but if it actually appeals to you, what with that stupid fuckin music and the general designed by comittee tick the boxes flow, well, then you're a total fuckwit idk what to say sorry

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

awesome-express posted:

why does everyone who's not a housewife own an iphone then

because the rich bored housewife sees the ad, and buys it to placate the kids and husband. jus tlike what i posted

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
welp rich husbands are even worse than i hoped

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

THC posted:

well they certainly aint catering to people who openly muse about getting a hackintosh

that's you

but seriously who is the demographic of that ad? actual adults with real life responsibilities? who does that poo poo appeal to? its the "full house" of ads. like no one actually likes it but its popular

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

its true, poors love the iphone 5c

and why not, its everything you need with less of the worthless things that cost money

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its not that the things advertised aren't good. its mainly that stupid fuckin music? you actually like that poo poo?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
exactly. the ad sucks. not the poo poo in the ad. its fuckin syrupy retard bait

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PleasureKevin posted:

you just spent a page arguing on the false premise that that is an apple ad. it's not. it's a video from the WWDC Keynote. it's target audience isn't "house wives with rich husband" (this is sexist btw) it's the developers in the audience right in front of them.

if thou seek to "get" yospos you must watch the keynotes.

gently caress the point of what i was saying was that the music and the vibe of the video was loving hrrinble to watch and i just assumed it was an ad because of that but to find its wwdc thats even worse. its ridiculous to imagine that people enjoy it ugh

nice job taking my stereotyping seriously btw

focal ischemia posted:

i think echi has broken :(

i jus really hated that videos music

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PleasureKevin posted:

it's a reveal video. so the first bits tease. then other elements pop up. then at the end it finally shows the whole thing at once. pretty standard fare.

yeah but that music?

spankmeister posted:

Yosemite is beautiful

that is glorious i so wanna go there

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

you have to admit it was still better than the plinky xylophone nursery rhyme poo poo that google uses in everything

idk is it i dont watch many of these things (and for good reason it seesm)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

here, watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqSDWoAhvLU

that music puts me zero to furious in no time flat. not sure why. i should probably reflect on it.

lol

I'll have to watch it later no way am I going to listen to it at work

spankmeister posted:

i've been there it's gorgeous, pictures don't do it justice

buy a ticket, rent a car and go on a roadtrip of the southwest for 4 weeks or so
plan loosely what you want to see and in what order
go to places, and at the end of the day find a motel

best vacation ever

yes most definitely. wen the kids are older a US road trip is definitely the BIG TRIP wife and I want to do with kids. we've done a shorter one from Florida to DC via tenessee and that was amazing but a bit rushed but definitely

I really wanna see that glorious landscapes. of course nz has some nice landscapes but I feel like the scale of great US scenery sort of eclipses us. what we have is huge spatial variety and looks v.diff to rest of world but as far as massive poo poo? not so much. also those pics make me want to live in a forest and trip trip trip

THC posted:

do visit arizona but do not I repeat do not under any circumstances go to phoenix

why is that where your mum lives :smug:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Squinty Applebottom posted:

does echo wife share your interests in hallucinogens

in the past she enjoyed a wee bit of them but they put her on an emotional roller coaster more than some and she's doesn't really like the "bad parts" so I think she'd say she enjoyed them but they aren't for her anymore

in theory at least. in reality drugs are illegal don't use them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the angled icons clash with the others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

focal ischemia posted:

the two of you should eat some peyote and wander out into the southwestern desert. i want to do that for a honeymoon one day. good old fashioned cultural appropriation.

gently caress yeah wife and I took mescaline together the same weekend that I told her that I was denying christ . great memories and relationship strengthening after a potentially damaging coming out

• Locked thread