Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I have a 1 TB hard drive which is has a Windows 8 partition and a Linux Mint partition. In Linux Mint, I have trouble mounting my Windows 8 partition because it is in hibernation. I get this error message that says "Windows is hibernated, refused to mount". I had already disabled Fast Startup in Windows 8, so I don't know why it is hibernating whenever I shut down. Right now, I have to resort to deleting the hibernation file with this terminal command:

sudo ntfs-3g -o remove_hiberfile /dev/sda2 /mnt

I would like a better solution. I would like to know how to stop Win8 from hibernating when it shuts down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Try to use

code:
shutdown -F -T 5 -C "Full shutdown nonsense or whatever"
in windows and see if that works.

e:

• Locked thread