Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The birthday thing is actually a different, manufactured drama. A “news” site that only exist to churn out outrage fodder focused on feminists and SJWs, posted an article about how fans were cancelling the series again due to characters sharing birthdays with Japanese and German WWII generals. There’s no evidence that this actually happened beyond the article from this site that only exist to misrepresent things, but these dummies are so addicted to being angry they concocted a whole fake controversy out of it this morning and started a hashtag in response.

Anyways I like that Dr.War Crimes has the same motivations as Sauron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

The cycle continues

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Acting as a vital asset in the sting against the organization of which I am a part to own the heroes.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
From my perspective the heroes are the villains.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Was Twice aiming to speed measure Hawks or strangle him with the tape?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Speculations on character deaths should be done sensibly and respectfully.

TheHan fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 25, 2020

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Shield Hero Crust is much higher in the pro hero rankings :colbert:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
It’s funny cause to any hero without Hawks’s intel Re-Destro is a loving nobody. For all Tokoyami knows he took out a relatively tough guy and that’s the end of it.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Hahahahaha If Dabi loving killed their strongest asset.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Dabi probly figures hell, there’s probly another Twice hanging around somewhere and it’s not like we need the original. He’s awesome. I wish I could be that effective and that incompetent at my job.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I'm not convinced that Twice is actually dead, since falling from. a balcony is a very ambiguous (in terms of manga) way to go. I also prefer the initial spoilers where Dabi killed him but the lil high five they do is better.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Expecting a pretty massive fakeout come next week. The clone that melts in Toga’s arms even makes a point of saying he’s melting cause he fell, not cause Twice-Prime is dying

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
The clone was obviously the one who reached Toga cause Twice’s mask has been torn off and his clones are masked Twices. Like, I’d prefer it if Twice was just axed but it’s not ridiculous to see there’s at least a little ambiguity and the next chapter will probly confirm it definitively or show a twist. Either way I don’t think the chapter would be a waste.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Light as a feather, stiff as a board.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
The rule seems to be that the more harmless an animal the more powerful the quirk, so he’d probably start crushing buildings with his mind.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I'm starting to suspect Twice might not be doing too great.

Dabi continues to rule by taking all the speculation that his high five from 266 means he secretly loves his found family, and shooting it in the face. Twice was just his most valulable asset, he canonically doesn't care and just causes problems on purpose :goose:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Also Twice killed somebody like, one chapter ago. They're all on the same page here.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Man that guard James Bond killed probably had a family too...

James Bond is like the one example you coulda picked where the narrative criticizes his actions!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Sometimes, maybe, rarely. More often the movie just goes "Wow that was hells of cool. Did oyu see that car out race a space laser?"

Hmm fair, but only cause James Bond will always be a power fantasy in the end. In true comic book fashion this is just the “Why doesn’t Batman kill The Joker” debate but anime.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

KazigluBey posted:

"escape from a place, person, or situation."

Twice was literally running away. Hope this helps.

This reasoning is hilarious cause his motives are super clear and the first Twice to get away stabs a guy to death. Guy wasn't exactly a victim of the Pre-Crime division.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Superman, watching as Zod slowly pans his hellbeams towards a loving family: No! I’ve been contrived into a scenario where my only choice is to kill Zod, but there’s no way to know with 100% certainty if Zod will commit to fully roasting them, or if the family could survive the onslaught of his hellbeams! Heavy are the shoulders that wear the cape.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
In retrospect I should’ve used Wonder Woman snapping Max Lord’s neck as an example, but that Man of Steel scene was funnier. I mean neither Hawks nor Twice are being cast in a heroic light so I don’t get the reasoning behind working so hard to play Hawks as the villain here.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

KazigluBey posted:

I don't think the justifications Hawks was using for why Twice needed to die hold up, both in-universe and out, and I find it weird people are working so hard to justify Hawks' actions when the rest of the manga is extremely light on the lethal force from the Hero/Government side, as far as we've been shown.

There’s also never been stakes this high up to this point. Shigaraki’s amassed enough power and resources to match the Pro Heroes with power to spare and planned on getting even stronger before leveling society in just 4 months.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Well Hawks sure did some damage to Twice! A cha cha cha.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
If Jeanist is still alive that means Dabi could’ve prevented all of this by just doing his job.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yeah, when is the shoe going to drop? Is the shoe even going to drop? :argh:

The suspense of the Twice chapters was great cause there was no guarantee Twice was gonna make it out, but Shigaraki is obviously not going down at this point so everyone’s just waiting to see what he’ll do rather than wondering whether he’ll make it out (That being said I didn’t think he’d actually go through with icing Twice, I’m so used to Shonen manga being beholden to a character’s popularity!)

That said these action chapters don’t do it for me, it’s just so hard to follow them.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
X-Less might as well have a big hourglass over his head and the specter of death standing behind him.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Shigaraki eats it right here and Dabi gets to be leader now.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
If Dabi were there he would’ve shattered the capsule himself trying to torch the 87th ranked pro-hero.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
In the Incredibles the Liberation Army are the heroes, so those kills are A-OK.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Rhonne posted:

Third option: he smells Deku.

Fourth Option: he smells Dabi’s delicious arm meat cooking.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yeah I kinda forgot he was drawn without pants until now, and was more wondering who gave him pants back before they hooked up with Redestro.

Does Gigantomachia have balls? Or a butt? I'm curious as to why they gave him pants.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Failing to save that man's manuscript will be Iida's one bad day.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

rannum posted:

I dont think it will and we're probably just getting a check in with how he's trained himself up. 45% might be his current peak, or one he just goes into for brief attacks

I took it as it being a symbolic sorta indication that we’re at a halfway point for the series, so naturally Midoriya has reached halfway perfection of OfA.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
If she learned how to chain her quirk the way Shigaraki does she'd be a hard counter to decay.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
What’s the consensus on Dabi’s hair? Does he dye it or did it turn black when he first got burned, like Jeff the Killer.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
That guys realizes what he's saying is dumb as hell right at the end but just smashes the post button anyways.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Everyone get in here and apologize to X-Less, whose intuition and foresight led him to destroy the only quirk destroying bullets in existence.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I think if I could shoot flames from my body and was going up against a guy who could turn my body to dust with his fingertips the last thing I'd do is rocket my dustable body right at him screaming his name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
To be fair that guy took out Toga and Compress no problem, he only ate it cause Hawks's mission went sideways.