Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'll be there for DRRR2 and JoJo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
DRRR takes a few episodes to take off (though so did Baccano) but it gets pretty drat good by the end of the first arc/book, and the one after that continues the trend. IMO definitely on par with Baccano. It's the third and final arc that is a little bit of a letdown, mostly in that it's anticlimactic and not the story you'd want to end your anime on. Overall it was a really cool show though and I can't really imagine disliking it if you liked Baccano.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It might be helpful to explain what a "cour" is.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The first series and the movie are pretty good, the rest is tedious and meandering. I think we and KyoAni dodged a bullet by having it slip into irrelevance.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
You could always just watch the first and last Endless Eight episodes. Or not, since like the rest of season 2 it's boring.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Isn't KyoAni essentially a subsidiary of Kadokawa? They're more or less beholden to whatever they (Kadokawa) feel like producing/financing. In FMP's case for example they never adapted any more because the series finished, thus meaning there were no more book sales to be boosted from an anime production run. That's why they don't "milk" some franchises as much as others.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Also the two K-On sequel/spin-off mangas sucked.
Nothing can kill a franchise faster than the "College Years" spinoff.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

The Devil Tesla posted:

This is what made Amagi Brilliant Park something of an abnormality, as it was them working with Kadokawa again.
Probably a smart move since those previous attempts you mentioned + Chuunibyo were pretty bad.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There's nothing left to animate unless you like lovely College Years shows.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Waffleman_ posted:

My favorite one is Doubutsu Monogatari. :v:
I keep parsing this as Cave Story but I don't think that's what you're referring to.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Waffleman_ posted:

No, you got it.
But... it has a 'k' !

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What was the issue with Arise? All I know about it is that it has Maaya Sakamoto voicing the Major.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It took some time for me to warm up to it but I've come around to liking Rebellion's ending better than the TV series, and yeah I would be OK with it ending there with no follow-up.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Cake Attack posted:

how does one watch rebellion? Is there a bluray or is it unlicensed
The blu-ray has been out in Japan forever, though it has not been released in the states yet (or will at all?). It did get a limited theatre run a long while back.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like a lot of dumb SOL stuff but I thought the rabbit show was drivel. Flashbacks to Kiniro Mosiac or whatever it was called.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Do we actually have an air date for this yet? I believe it was first announced practically right when the first one ended which feels like an eternity ago.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yuyushiki was OK, I'd watch more. I can't fully explain this but the SOL show I want back more than anything is Hyakko. Dunno why.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

chumbler posted:

Here is your explanation: It is because Hyakko is cool and good and many of its characters did not get enough screen time.
Also the chapters after where the anime ends are great, though they come out so rarely. I'm not sure if its a scanlator thing or the author is pulling a Nyankoi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Great Rumbler posted:

The 11th Animator Expo short went up. It's called Power Planet No.33 and it was helmed by Yasuhiro Yoshiura (Time of Eve, Patema Inverted):

http://animatorexpo.com/powerplantno33/

It's...uh...really freakin amazing.
Definitely looks like something that would make for a great full-feature Yoshiura film. Cool as heck.

• Locked thread