Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Kenji's designs are infinitely better than the movie ones and still aren't great. His Garuruman is decent, though.

Possibly spoilers: They revealed the design of Menoa's original partner digimon.

Morphomon:

I think it's pretty cute.

On the subject of Survive:

https://twitter.com/digimon_games/status/1230855454793666561?s=20

Dracmon is an interesting choice for a partner. With the official reveal of Kaito, that just leaves Miu, right? Or will the white dress girl and old man get a profile as well? I hope we hear news on the release after next months issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
So Greyman and Garuruman are in ReArise now. Greyman's noodle tail doubles as a spear, apparently.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
This month's V-Jump is out so that means more Survive news. No release date yet.

The final(?) character Miu is profiled and her partner is revealed to be Syakomon. She acts weird and has Kari's voice actress. The key art is also shown updated with all the characters thus far and looks really nice. That brings us to 3 Vaccine, 3 Virus and 2 Data digimon if I'm remembering correctly.

Maybe the old man or ghost girl will be featured with a partner next month, but I don't see a lot of room in the key art for them?

While I like the diversity of the partner choices for the most part, I do wish that they hadn't chosen so many that had already been partners in the past.

Floramon - 02
Syakomon - 02
Lopmon - Tamers
Labramon - Tamers Movie
Dracmon - Hunters

Kunemon and technically Falcomon (since it's the original v-pet design) are the only ones that have never been partners before.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Fair enough. I can't be too upset since the choices seem to fit the characters so well and I really like the described partner dynamics so far. Like Miu acts strange and Syakomon is said be very realistic with a lot of common-sense.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
I gotta say, I already didn't really care for the the reboot digivice's design and the picture comparing it to all the others does not help. I'm not sure what it is. Overly simplistic, maybe? It looks like the original one and the tamers one had a fat baby together. It looks like it would be awkward to hold.

The only one I think it looks better than is the Appmon one and that is a low bar.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 31, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

So the digivice is apparently a premium bandai item and is gonna run about 8800 yen. With this shot of Tai, I can definitely see what Burk was saying about how the device looks in show. That previous picture must have shot it at a weird angle, because it looks less awkward to me now.

Link for those interested: https://p-bandai.jp/b-toys-shop/special-1000011503/

I'm honestly surprised that there doesn't seem like there will be a version for kids to get in stores.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
This will be the second delay I believe.

This poor game, man. It’s such a shame. I was worried something like this might happen when we got nothing for it in this months v-jump and the main site never updated with Miu’s info. I kinda hope it’s virus related and they’re just protecting the devs and not a problem with the game itself.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
So apparently the TBA for Survive's release date is a typo according to someone from BandaiUS. False alarm, I guess. Would still like to see confirmation from the Japan side, though.

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1253016642872905729

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 23, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
We got some new screens of Survive from Bandai Asia of all places. That first translation of Miu keeping a daydreaming Syakomon grounded was correct, weirdly enough. Also, based on these and older screenshots it looks like Syakomon's line will go Syakomon -> Shellmon -> MarineDevimon. I hope next month's V-Jump has more for it, but maybe not considering the V-Tamer/Adventure: special chapter is next month.

https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1253634008165920768

Unrelated to Survive but I thought this was super dope:

https://twitter.com/lucaspapini3d/status/1253700214407512066

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 24, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
It's V-Jump time, folks. Lots of stuff:

https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1262975914775699456

Unfortunately, still no Survive news.

A new series of v-pets, the Z series is announced. Looks like they'll be using the pendulum shells so that's neat. I enjoyed the X series so I'm glad they're still gonna do more.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 20, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Where is digimon survive

It frustrates me a little that they've said that V-Jump is the only place we'll get news on Survive, but I suppose you always know when V-Jump will come out every month. The only "new" thing we've gotten in the last three months is a Bamco America rep saying that it's still coming out this year and that's only as a response to Famitsu's typo.

For something that they initially said they hoped would become a third pillar in the game side of the franchise alongside the world and story series, it's a little disappointing to not even get a small blurb or screenshot. Come to think of it, I don't think Kunemon even got a screenshot of it in battle like the other partners. At this rate I'm afraid it's release will be so late in the year it gets overshadowed by the next-gen consoles. I completely understand if it got delayed due to the pandemic though, the timing of the news drop off would make sense.

Enough of my whining though, have some neat survive fan art:
https://twitter.com/12takase14/status/1271787504975278083

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 20, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Wasn't Kizuna super well received by Japanese audiences?

Given that the 02 epilogue is still canon, the ending falls flat from an emotional standpoint for me. I fully expect another movie starring the 02 kids where they fix everything after this.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
So we’re getting some kind of announcement tomorrow for the 23rd anniversary of the original vpet. My guess is it’s about the reboot Digivice since preorders open tomorrow, but who knows.

Edit: Guess it's just a re-release of the version 20th v-pet. Oh well.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 26, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
If anyone's interested in the Reboot Digivice Premium Bandai's American store has them up for preorder: https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2532982001001

$98 to preorder, $10 shipping and ships out in Feburary 2021. Product is the same as the japanese version, but they'll put english instructions on their site when the time comes. I'm pretty surprised they're doing this, but it is Adventure, I guess. I hope they'll do the Z's too.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Welp, Amazon is cancelling Switch Survive orders. I imagine the orders for the other platforms will be soon as well as some euro fans have said all three of their listings are gone. I’m afraid the game may be cancelled.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Some news if anyone was interested in DigiFes this weekend.

"WithTheWill" posted:

DigiFes 2020 Online
Special, August 1st, Together

August 1st, 2020, Saturday

Part 1, scheduled to start at 6pm. [Japan time. This is 2am Pacific. A time converter is here & we've preprogrammed for the time.]
Part 2, scheduled to start at 8pm.

It will be held via the Toei Animation Youtube. The stream standby can be found here.
There is no charge for entry. [At the moment it isn't clear if they will geolock it for the stream or not, but hopefully not.]'\

Programming

Part 1
Opening
Digimon Adventure Talk, Scene Voting Results Announced [this will be them going over the scenes from Adventure, 02, tri. and Kizuna that fans voted on, so spoiler warning]
Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna Talk [this is the cast discussion they previously announced]
Special Live [this is likely the Ayumi Miyazaki musical performance]
Information Corner
Digimon Adventure: Latest Information

Part 2
Digimon X-Evolution Public Premiere [X-Evolution has actually never had a public screening. It aired on TV, was released on DVD, and has been on VOD in a few countries.]
It lists that it was directed by Hiroyuki Kakudou and Minami Takayama is Dorumon. Runs 78 minutes.

Event Guests
Chika Sakamoto (Agumon), Mayumi Yamaguchi (Gabumon), Ayumi Miyazkai (singer)
MC/Host- Yosuke Kinoshita (Toei Producer) [he's done a number of these for tri. and Kizuna, most notably for many will be the Anime Expo 2019 Digimon panel.]

I don't have a lot of hope that the Information Corner will have anything other than Anime stuff in it, judging by the rest.

Also they teased the second wave of Pendulum Zs and they are, as expected, Metal Empire, Wind Guardians and Virus Busters. No colors yet, just a grayscale image of the three. Jogress is still in but copymon are not. Cut in graphics for attacks return from the X series so that's neat.

Also for some reason they tease digimon in wave 2 that will jogress with the Wormmon, Gatomon and Armadillomon you get for connecting the wave 1s with each other, but going by the evo lines shown it's just Hawkmon, Patamon and Veemon like normal. Slashangemon is being used as Armadillomon's mega, is that a common choice?

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 29, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

It would normally be Vikemon but with Vikemon being retconned as Gomamon's Mega (originally it was Plesiomon) they likely wanted Armadimon to have his own to have entirely different lines for everyone in the Adventure-verse. I feel I saw Shakkoumon -> SlashAngemon before though but I cannot remember where, maybe one of the DS games?

Looked it up and it was in Lost Evolution that we didn't get in the west, so I guess there is a precedent.

Since Kizuna's in my brain again, I recently saw this art which hit me a bit hard. I'm not sure how others feel, but I felt like Sora got done dirty.

https://twitter.com/TANx3noodle/status/1288108448094097408

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

I think Lost Evolution was the game that introduced having SlashAngemon as Armadimon's Ultimate, personally I think ClavisAngemon* would work much better though

*it's still really weird how underused that guy has been even by X-Antibody Digimon standards

Oh yeah, his armor has a sort of clay-ish look to it that would fit better coming from Shakkoumon. Plus I love his keyblade. Maybe he'll get to be in the next story game as a playable one instead of just a medal.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

So on top of the new Adventure: digivice we're now getting a $100 original one that covers Adventure, Our War Game, Tri and Kizuna.

https://p-bandai.com/us/item/N2532983001001

Not surprised that we got pages for both Adventure devices before the Pendulum Zs, but with Japan's Pendulum Z preorders closed, hopefully the US will put up preorders eventually.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Aug 1, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
So it looks like maybe we're getting US versions of the series 1 X vpets in february?

That would be cool. I'd be down to play through again with the names in english.

jivjov posted:

Okay I'm sure I've asked this before, probably in this very thread...but how's the interface on these things for someone who doesn't read japanese? Simple enough I can have a notecard crib sheet?

I only have experience with the normal vpets and not the special anime digivices, but the vpets are basically just icons and English flavor text except all digimon names are in Japanese. The Premium Bandai page does say that it might put up English instructions upon release, though.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Some Survive updates:

The ability to order the Switch version is back on Amazon.

Toei Europe has removed the reference to January 2021 as the release window from their materials. WTW believes this is in response to everyone taking it as an official release window.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
So here's something strange. There's a third wave of the 20th vpet coming this October for the US. As far as we know there's nothing new in it (Though there is one more egg the US versions didn't get in comparison to Japan) it's just new colors. It's a general release so they're all on Amazon, but for some reason Premium Bandai US is selling them in bundles.

Retro Neon Set

Glow and Monochrome Set

The bundles aren't even a discounted price compared to buying individually, so I just thought this was weird.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/garrrzzz/status/1299217050867347456

I don't like the original designs but this take on them is nice. I think the lack of detail/chibi style helps hide Aguman's weird popeye forearms.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Bamco announced their schedule for TGS and Survive isn’t on it. I’m gonna go ahead and guess that it won’t be in this month’s V-Jump either.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
These designs are all so good. What a great palate cleanser after the somewhat disappointing Nidhoggmon design.

I wish that we had been able to order the first three from PBandai US, but I'll take what I can get. Hope I can get the other two from the first wave for decent prices come November.

Edit: Aaand done. My wallet weeps.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 5, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

I blame poor presentation in the anime for that. The official art for Nidhoggmon looks great.

You’re right. It does look much better in that art.

Speaking of Nidhoggmon, it’s been revealed as one of the hidden mons on the nature spirit evo chart. If all the hidden ones end up being new that’d be rad.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

No way. There's two left and one's after the full Gaomon line so it's definitely MirageGaogamon Burst Mode. Wind Guardians has a similar thing with two Super Ultimate Digimon where one's blatantly Ravemon Burst Mode since it comes after the full Falcomon line.

The other hidden Super Ultimate in both may be something new though, hard to say.

That’s fair. I forgot most of the other hidden ones were super ultimate. There is one other hidden mega after Kimeramon in nightmare soldiers though. Millenniumon maybe?

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
You think it may have anything to do with the fact that, since it's releasing after this August, it has to be compatible with the PS5's boost mode? It never seemed like it was too technically impressive, so I'm not sure if that would be a problem.

Looking forward to the update, at least. My bet's on another delay, but we'll see.

Edit: With the Will cites this translation for Habu's tweet. A bit different from the other one. Not sure which is more correct.

https://twitter.com/onkeikun/status/1314262367778353152

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 8, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Here's a neat promo video for said figure.

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/statu...anuary.24646%2F

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Not surprised at all that the pandemic screwed things up for them. What does surprise me is no more news till spring. That’s at least another six months of radio silence. C’mon man I’ll take even one single new screenshot. Please.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Here's the chart for those interested. Got a mystery adult this time.

Gotta love machine translation. :allears:

Edit: Is the squid in this weeks episode Calmaramon? Hope she'll be less of a gag villain this time.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 19, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Petaldramon has always been a favorite of mine so it'd be neat if more got in. Checking the episode again I'd say that it is Calmaramon. Can't make out a torso from the shot so maybe she's getting the algomon treatment and having the more human bits revamped.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 19, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Virus Busters' chart is out. After all the other interesting ones, this line up is a bit disappointing. Rip Mitamamon getting in. Gotta wonder what all these super ultimates are, though.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Saying this is uninteresting is impossible to understand for me

I'm cool with the XW mons getting in, it's the wasting 8 slots on the full Agumon 06 and Guilmon lines that is boring to me. Especially when the other versions were getting less utilized lines like Labramon and such. But I see people elsewhere say that the original Virus Busters was basically all protag mons (Agumon, Gabumon and Salamon) so I guess it fits.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Please forgive the lovely shop job, but this is somewhat what I would have liked to see from the Virus Busters ZII. I tried keeping everything in the Virus Buster family so there isn't really a good link between Baluchimon and AncientGarurumon. Vaccine Taomon at least shares a silver color.

Edit: Forgot Unimon was already in the Nature Spirits one. Replaced him with Pegasusmon.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 30, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Dominimon will never get anything. Poor thing even has official cute art but doesn't exist in the DRB or has appeared in any game.

Isn't there some weird issue regarding him, Regulumon and Callismon that is similar to Ulforce Future mode that means they don't get used? I read V-Tamer ages ago and can't remember the outside circumstances.

Edit: I assume you're referencing this image with him in the never-used club with Slash and Clavis? It's a shame as I like him a bit more than Seraphimon.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 30, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
It's a shame, but I can understand why they would shell out the money to use Arkadimon and not the guy who Holy Angemon evolves into if he's too much of a loser. I think it'd be neat if the anime incorporated V-Pet mechanics like that, though. Imagine getting a new form in Adventure: because of their win ratio.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
It's the same artist. Suzuhito Yasuda.

Edit: Unless that's what you meant and I read your post wrong.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 3, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
New Digimon project got announced: Project "VB". More details on the 7th. Dare I hope for the Digimon equivalent of a modern Tamagotchi, with a larger screen and color?

https://twitter.com/digimonweb_net/status/1327083802024239106

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
This is super cool. We got concept stuff from the Z IIs. It shows that some of the new Digimon were made with older ones in mind like Baluchimon from Tapirmon and Manticoremon from Gargoylemon (this one was neat as I hadn't made a connection between them but it makes sense).

https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1327103526003109888