Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

The entire jr arc was hilarious in retrospect. What a shaggy dog story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Hope Mr Second just gets to vibe and sometimes expropriate cruise ships forevermore

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

lol this season, what a stupid show. solid B+ from me

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Glagha posted:

I'm waiting for the moment that Baki starts talking about semen retention

edit: Actually that'd never happen because we've already established that sex gives you an anime power up

storing all my semen for 100 years just to unleash it in one devestating rope attack, yujiro releases a single bead of sweat in respect

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Collapsing Farts posted:

Yujiro is such a weird loving character

He's a murderer and raper of both men and women (that's Jacks entire backstory!) but he's still treated as the Coolest Guy On The Planet

this, to me, is the essence of strength - baki author, probably

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

jacking off (injecting an experimental cocktail of animal drugs into my urethra)

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Id believe it tbh

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

everyone in baki is poly because their one main love is fightin

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Yeah the boxing b plot was inexplicable to me, I guess he was getting back in the groove after losing his leg?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

goblin week posted:

Do you think Jesus Christ is proud of Jack?

who else has consumed more of the body of christ than jack

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

any cockroach could do that, not too impressive

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Pierson posted:

Made it through Son of Ogre and The Big Fight and it kind of does cement that the author really will just straight-up drop anything. Not-Usain Bolt greets Retsu after beating the champ and that's the end of his little boxing escapade because it's time for Son vs Dad. It is a legitimate great fight but it's kind of obvious he really doesn't want Yujirou to actually 100% take the big L. Two funny bits I forgot about are the archaeologists finding the predictions that ancient Egyptians made about the fight, and lots of foreigners praying for Yujirou because he was some kind of weird Robin Hood at some point. I guess they kind for foreshadowed he has a kind of respect for the strong sticking up for the week even if they suffer for it when he talked with Muhammed Ali, but it's still wild they have a bunch of African people appear mid-fight to start bowing down to him.

It's interesting blasting through it all in basically seven days seeing how the Yujirou from Grappler Baki ("gently caress you son, become my meal") becomes the Yujirou here ("thanks for the meal") with so few interactions between them or focus on the big guy. I wonder if it's an intentional softening (well, as soft as Yujirou could ever get) or if it happened unconsciously bit-by-bit over the course of nearly two decades of writing.

Musashi time. Old man Tokugawa will never die until he arranges a fight between God and Satan for the belt.

I thought it wasnt ancient egyptian prediction of it so much more that this is a cyclical pattern that continually happens as Hanmas proceed through the generations

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Hanma family fought for the Emperor so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Are we sure pickle isn't a hanma