Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
As the title says really.

I want to turn this:

Into a PC keyboard. Any help would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Can't offer any help, but good luck!

Somewhere in my parents attic there's an old rubber keyboard 48K Speccy, and a +2 (with inbuilt tape loader!). One day I'd like to dig them out to see if they still work, but I'd have to find an old cathode ray TV first.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

You will probably need an Arduino and soldering/electronics skills.

tzec
Oct 6, 2003

HAMMERTIME!
Have a read of this: https://hackaday.io/project/2076-zx-keyboard

Basically you solder the wires from the flexible ribbon that attaches to the keyboard membrane to a microcontroller and interpret, then retransmit as USB keyboard events. It will probably be much easier to do this with a Teensy than an Arduino with USB stacks, because USB keyboard functionality is built into the Teensy. I think the 48+ has the same type of connector on its keyboard as the rubber key, but if not it should be easy to adapt.

• Locked thread