Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Pee Poo Poor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The S in PS4 stands for "poo poo".

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Wormskull posted:

The S in PS4 stands for "poo poo".

The Sony Marketing team has out done themselves this time.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
looks good op. i hope you have fun..

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

so far I've played a couple of good games on my PS4 but I kinda regret buying it. I'll probably stop regretting it once Bloodborne comes out though so i'm pretty much in the same boat as OP

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I like Dark Souls 2, but I'm avoiding this bloodborne illness like the plague. Let me know if it's good OP.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm feeling really angsty about not having a PS4 to play this... a maelstrom rages in my soul.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Silver Striker posted:

It blows my mind that they actually wanted to make it 18fps.

jesus christ

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I think story and visuals are very high [priorities]. Gameplay is something that... it's a game, we make games, we can't get around it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

30fps is the preferred framerate for an action game.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

"If you push that to 60, and you have it look the way we do, it actually would end up looking like something on the Discovery Channel, like an HDTV kind of segment or a sci-fi original movie maybe. Which doesn't quite have the kind of look and texture that we want from a movie." - A Videogame Director

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Buying an expensive console for a single game that hasn't been released yet is really stupid

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
The transforming weapons are cool, firearms replacing shields is cool, the combat looks way better and faster. Also you can choose a background for your character rather than a class, which determines starting stats.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Of course YOU would say that. Sorry, but I will play this game and rub it in your face, From Software has proven their gaming chops, I do not doubt the quality of this game.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I want to be Waste of Skin, since that's the one I identify the most with.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

By the time you're burned out on this game you will have MGS5. Wise choice op

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Psycobladder posted:

Dont forget about The Witness and No Man's Sky, 2 games that may or may not suck! Also Order 1886, which looks bad....Yeah if it weren't for Bloodborne, there would be no reason to own a PS4, even MG5 went multiplatform.

the witness and no man's sky are going to be garbage

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

conceitedguy posted:

the witness and no man's sky are going to be garbage

yea i wish no man's sky would be good but it looks like a lot of color vomit and harping about procedural generation

exploration games are extremely win when done right, though

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

no man's sky is going to be the next proteus in that lots of people will say its amazing and groundbreaking to try and seem smart and artistic but nobody will play it for more than like 30 minutes before getting bored and doing something else

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Hoodrich posted:

I'm level 12.. I like fragging the aliens with the fusion rifle and throwing knife its badass

Destiny si actually pretty epic.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

Welcome back.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Proteus was dumb. I wanted to like it but there's just no substance. I spent like $2 on it and felt ripped off.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Silver Striker posted:

Welcome back.

Thank you I'm glad to be here.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Pewdiepie posted:

Wb.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Was gonna get bloodborne but every time I sit on the couch to play on the wii u I think

and I'm not PC master racing here

I think 'where's the alt tab, i want to post in imp zone or something during this boring bit'

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i have a problem

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Was gonna get bloodborne but every time I sit on the couch to play on the wii u I think

I think 'where's the alt tab, i want to post in imp zone or something during this boring bit'

Sounds like you're not a real gamer, and that you're a subhuman retard who loves dumb Warhammer poo poo.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

:eek:

:smith:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwv46qE-HMg

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ciaphas posted:

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
The Wii U also struggled to get a good game library when it was released, I'm sure that the PS4 will have a decent line up of games in a year or two. Not going to buy it before then though because that's an expensive gamble.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Proposition Joe posted:

The Wii U also struggled to get a good game library when it was released, I'm sure that the PS4 will have a decent line up of games in a year or two. Not going to buy it before then though because that's an expensive gamble.

I feel like the Wii U really got rolling faster than the Xbox One or the PS4, though. This gen, Wii U aside, has been really underwhelming so far.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Silver Striker posted:

I feel like the Wii U really got rolling faster than the Xbox One or the PS4, though. This gen, Wii U aside, has been really underwhelming so far.

if were counting cross platform titles there's been good poo poo, but for exclusives the best xbox has is sunset overdrive and the best ps4 game is last of us remastered so yeah

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

if were counting cross platform titles there's been good poo poo, but for exclusives the best xbox has is sunset overdrive and the best ps4 game is last of us remastered so yeah

i don't think the majority of people buy consoles for exclusives anymore. the sales figs are the exact inverse of number of 1st party exclusives.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHIkUzmNmc0
drat this is pretty cool. Sounds very sinister.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Buying an expensive console for a single game that hasn't been released yet is really stupid

i want to buy it for like 3 or 4 unreleased games

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Good choice. PS4 is the best selling and therefore best console.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Swelter Discharge posted:

i want to buy it for like 3 or 4 unreleased games

Persona 5, MGS5, Bloodborne are all I can think of.

I'm going to ignore that two out of three of those could be played on things I had before I got a PS4 (PS3 and PC respectively) because I bought this thing and therefore I'm going to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

time is a wastin
Sep 11, 2011

lamo

• Locked thread