Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

Perhaps I should update all terminology as "interdependent human fleshbag partners".

"Interdependent flesh-based mechanical operators and air sources"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

No one plays sousaphone outside of marching band. Unfortunately.

That's because it's only purpose is for use while standing. Otherwise, just use a regular tuba.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mederlock posted:

As a euphonium player, I can't speak for the string players there but its the general classical musicians thread and its criminally unknown imo.

As for this show, I'm interested in checking it out due to it featuring my instrument of choice, but my expectations for it are so fuckin low. What are your guys' thoughts on what little promotional material has been released?

KyoAni, above all, makes very good work. Sure it looks moe as gently caress, but that's also because of KyoAni. If it's anything like their other work, the accuracy will be pretty spot on and excellent.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

a kitten posted:

While true, that didn't stop them from showing 50 Cento's entire :yosbutt: in Amagi Brilliant Park.

If it was in the LN like that, I'm sure they just adapted it as faithfully as they unfortunately could.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wallrod posted:

So am i going to get anything out of this i'm not some sadcase marching band dork or leg fetishist

i took a wrong turn into ADTRW before you ask why i'm even here

Do you like anything by KyoAni or anime about cure girls doing cure things

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
At first it was hilarious. Then I noticed the fingers were more legs. And then I came.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Based on the eyecatch in the middle of the episode, it looks like KyoAni has continued its long tradition of uniquely designing all of their recurring extras. In this case, the entire band.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

I like Sapphire Midori and it makes me happy that two chuunis found love, and made a baby.

:colbert:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

What the gently caress.

They have almost the same chemical composition except for a few trace impurities which affect their color and traits. SapphireOpalMidori's parents seem to have done the thing where the name is pronounced "Sapphire", written some other way and read as some third, tangentially related thing

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

My high school band accepted people who had no experience. Our band sucked rear end though. Also if you like the style of the show check out Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, Nichijou and Lucky Star. K-On too maybe.

Basically almost anything done by KyoAni in the last 5-8 years is of a reasonably high quality. The director for this series did Chuunibyou, Nichijou, and Haruhi (and its movie) and they're all excellent. Hyouka is also very good

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fangz posted:

Well this show is depressing.

This is probably the most depressing thing KyoAni's done yet. I expected cute girls playing in concert band having fun, not a drama about concert band politics.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

aers posted:

Its KyoAni, anyone doing anything on one of their shows has probably worked on nearly all their other shows as long as they were working there at the time. In this case the series director of Euphonium didn't work on Hyouka at all, though.

But yeah, just look at any KyoAni staff member's credits lists and it becomes pretty clear why there are a lot of crossover traits among their key directors and animators:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=9087
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=39705
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=76915

The director for this one is the same one who's done Chuunibyou, Haruhi, Nichijou, Kanon and Clannad. Tatsuya Ishihara

Just for reference with this episode, the episode director also storyboarded it and has mostly done Key Animation for a bunch of KyoAni series.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

good faces this week

They remind me of Nichijou. I bet when the director did the initial storyboards, the faces were exactly like that.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
He did that in the latest episode and it seems like the bass section is not utterly incompetent compared to the bones who can't play in unison or the French horns who're slackers

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
As normal as teacher/student relationships seem to be in anime (which makes me wonder how common they are in real life in Japan), I'd probably prefer the yuri ending over the two hetero endings. Both were hinted at before, admittedly, but the anime seems to lay down a purest form of love ending even harder

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

PotU posted:

kyoani dont gently caress around

That's why I keep watching their shows.

Paracelsus posted:

It's the most HS Band relationship in the show.

I liked that his reaction to her yukata was kept at his few words and his reddening ears.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

My problem with My Love Story is that it doesn't seem to have any sense of direction. If plot starts happening then my opinion will change.

I only regret that KyoAni will probably never do Ore Monogatari since that would be to amazing for this universe

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

what kind of cellphone doesn't have a flashlight build in?

Most phones require an app to become a proper Flashlight since it involves keeping the camera flash on or turning the screen all white

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fangz posted:

They can get married, and then hold hands.

That's lewd.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fangz posted:

I still believe in kyoani

They will have a scene where they hold hands and touch foreheads with each other as they look longingly at each other

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

And then a movie that canonizes the heterosexual couple.

:sigh: I liked Tamako Love Story anyway.

Tamako only played the yuri in one direction. It never looked mutual. The biggest pairing was still Tamako X Mochi

Edit: Tamako x Mochizou comes in second

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 28, 2015

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

It's based on a novel, and not a light novel, just a regular one.

I assume the narration in the episodes are excerpts from the book. Since it's a full novel and not an LN, it doesn't sound quite as terrible

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

I watch anime and feel nothing.

I see you haven't opened your heart to moe

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sapphire X Contrabass OTP

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

My annoyance is only slightly tempered because (hopefully) Reina's feelings won't be reciprocated and Kumiko will be there to pick up the pieces. Of course that's not gonna happen this season with only two episodes to go.

unfortunately, this is also from a country where depictions of heterosexual Student-Teacher romance are still slightly more tasteful and acceptable than homosexual romance between students if for no other reason than the former has been around longer.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I'd like a proper yuri show by anyone that wasn't just ~subtext~.

Of course last time I said that we ended up with Yurikuma.

There's also Sakura Trick which is full of blatant girl on girl lip touching with possible tongue involved.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

arisu posted:

There's totally gonna be a season two and the girls are totally gonna kiss and everything is totally gonna be awesome.

:(

That'd be too lewd for KyoAni. They'll just sit together on a bus and fall asleep with their heads on each other's shoulder or lap

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fangz posted:

I love that the soundtrack has deliberately bad versions of some of the songs. Track 2-2 is rather painful.

I wonder how they got those tracks. If they just have them the sheet music and asked them all to play and used the first recording or if they told certain people to play poorly on purpose

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

They're not going to kiss.

they're going to hold hands and look longingly into each others' eyes though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

another dumb radio show bit. the entire radio show is like this.

Very lewd.

Edit: This one is good too http://clar-a-m.tumblr.com/post/153666978800/kumiko-and-reina-at-school-more-kumiko-and-reina

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 2, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Basically, more cute girls doing cute things?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Axel Serenity posted:

This is how I feel, and also why forced triangles are usually not a good thing, especially in a show where one relationship is clearly wrong (though i dunno much about Japan and how student/teacher relationships are viewed, I guess).

It's such a common trope that I feel it's something that's probably either a very common fantasy and/or an uncommon occurrence in reality.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
While I doubt a season 3 would ever happen, I'd be satisfied with a spin-off featuring Sapphire/Midori in normal or SD form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i love these two

I want a spin off about these two

• Locked thread