Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negatron00
Apr 18, 2015

...play mstie for me
EDIT* THIS POST WAS ACCIDENTAL, I HAVE ALREADY REPOSTED AS A REPLY IN THE SANDCASTLE. SORRY FOR DUMBNESS

Hello.
Submitted for your approval...Lifeless Planet (2014). Released by Stage 2 Studios.

At the risk of ultimate internet embarrassment I admit that I don't know how to post pictures and other fancy stuff to my messages. Hopefully the sandcastle can help a guy out in that regard while I continue to search around on how to do all that stuff. (a quick scan of some subforums yielded nothing, but I really haven't been very thorough, so sorry) I've used internet forums before, but only ever lurked or limited my activities to text only. BLARG

Anyways, here's the url to my first video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_mL4ehhVU4

I'm recording gameplay from a second play through, so I'm not doing a blind run. I am also not recording commentary in favor of subtitles. I feel the game is better experienced without my untested babble running over the awesome sound design.
I will be adding story related subs on the lower right corner and my own personal notes and comments in subs to the left.

The first video is about 14 mins long, but you can get the jist of my efforts fairly early on.

The purpose behind this LP is to help myself become more familiar with audio/video editing and production. I am new to my software and the process of producing LP content in general. I am also interested in turning this skillset on other forms of media as well, but that would be content for other subforums.

I chose Lifeless Planet to be my first LP because of its simplicity. There isn't a heck of a lot of innovation in this game, simple platforming coupled with a story to pull you along. Pretty standard for indie games these days if you ask me. Simple controls and linear gameplay will make for a rapid play through with simple footage to edit and render. I have limited time to pursue this hobby so streamlining is a must.
This game also appeals to me as a player, despite it's simplicity. A lot of the early content in the game tickles my inner space nerd in a good way. I can tell that the developer must have cared for this project. The game's minimalist gameplay and exposition reminds me of titles such as Limbo, Journey, and even Ico. While this game certainly isn't on the level with any of those, it isn't far off. Also the game does not appear on the LP Master List.

Well, there we have it, my very first honest to goodness LP attempt.
Bring the pain

Negatron00 fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Apr 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negatron00
Apr 18, 2015

...play mstie for me
And I'm an idiot. This was meant for the sandcastle...

• Locked thread