Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Stairmaster posted:

why arent the goufs blue in reqiuem are they really that stupid

They look like the more light blue grayish tone of the Gouf Custom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Too silly not realistic what is this, a cartoon

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

Too silly not realistic what is this, a cartoon

That nose ring is a tactical weak point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Someone could just reach into her giant robot and under her helmet to just grab it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

Someone could just reach into her giant robot and under her helmet to just grab it

There is a precedent:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/lomito__/status/1772399134441357707?t=ll_JkMn8-Qjh53lu460LJQ&s=19

Suletta Smashetta

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ninjewtsu posted:

haman will win this tourney no question

loran keeping it within 5% apart will not shake me

When I voted Haman was two votes ahead.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Gripweed posted:

Bright has big ally vibes.

The absentee military father who uses violence to keep kids in line as a first and quite often only resort for most of his life? He's always seemed fairly conservative to me, and I can't see 0079, Zeta or Char's Counterattack Bright as particularly supportive personally; he's not even supportive of kids who fight for the same reason if they trouble him.

The only times he's seemed notably mellowed out and supportive of kids are in ZZ and Unicorn, 2 shows where the writing is often accused of being out of character.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I don’t think Bright would give a poo poo about anyone’s gender or orientation as long as they didn’t steal the drat Gundam

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I voted Loran, no regrets

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don’t think Bright would give a poo poo about anyone’s gender or orientation as long as they didn’t steal the drat Gundam

He doesnt even care about that. As long as you're in the Gundam he doesnt care.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

He doesnt even care about that. As long as you're in the Gundam he doesnt care.

This is a relatively new development as of ZZ, where the trauma of the Gryps Conflict causes him to completely check out from life, although it does cause him to mellow out in the long run as well. He's much more uptight in 0079 and Zeta.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Marida Cruz had a strong run, but she’s fallen to the CEO of GUND-Arm Inc, Miorine Rembran!
Sorry to the Turn A fans, I know you showed up big time, but Loran Cehack just couldn’t topple Haman Karn!

Now for today’s matchups!
Earth House fight! Earth House fight! It’s Chuatury Panlunch versus Suletta Mercury! Will Chuchu punch, or will Suletta slap?
https://twitter.com/darthveda00/status/1772609465017061652

A man who yells at children for having nervous breakdowns versus a kid conditioned to kill! It’s Bright Noa versus Elpeo Ple! Will Bright slap her, or will she bathe in victory?
https://twitter.com/darthveda00/status/1772609490971459710

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
So its just IGLOO 3, right? Is there going to be another scene of "Our Honorable Hitlerjugend versus their pathetic child soldiers?" or what?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fivemarks posted:

So its just IGLOO 3, right? Is there going to be another scene of "Our Honorable Hitlerjugend versus their pathetic child soldiers?" or what?

More like "our noble soldiers vs their unfair advantage in material and technology"

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I want to go full Igloo 3, I want them to show how horrid war is, the futility of fighting, how little high command cares about them, and then, as the show reaches its final minutes, they put a billowing zeon flag on screen while the cast talk about how awesome everyone in Zeon is and how Zeon's the best and everyone who died were true heroes and it was actually Cool and Good they were given lovely weapons that would never work.

The ending of Igloo makes me so loving mad I cannot understate how of all the Zeonwank, it's the wankiest and offends me the most. Like 0083 Banzai charge? Don't even care in comparison. Unicorn's loving bizarro take on it, sure whatever Fukui can't write.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 26, 2024

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Fivemarks posted:

It literally shows the lead character becoming disillusioned with the cause in the trailer! That by itself strongly suggests that this isn’t going to be like Igloo!

Stop getting mad at new Gundam stuff before it’s even out! I don’t know why you people insist on assuming the worst about every upcoming Gundam project that doesn’t look exactly like the specific new Gundam thing you want. Sure, it could be bad. There have been multiple bad Gundam things before. But there have been more good Gundams than bad Gundams. This is a franchise which I believe has earned at least cautious optimism.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They should go full Igloo by bringing back the God of Death.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

haypliss posted:

They should go full Igloo by bringing back the God of Death.

Duo Maxwell would make Igloo worthwhile, yes.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gripweed posted:

It literally shows the lead character becoming disillusioned with the cause in the trailer! That by itself strongly suggests that this isn’t going to be like Igloo!

Stop getting mad at new Gundam stuff before it’s even out! I don’t know why you people insist on assuming the worst about every upcoming Gundam project that doesn’t look exactly like the specific new Gundam thing you want. Sure, it could be bad. There have been multiple bad Gundam things before. But there have been more good Gundams than bad Gundams. This is a franchise which I believe has earned at least cautious optimism.

I mean you say that I didn't see that. The only example of that could possibly be the opening line of "Why are we fighting over this rock" "Because those are our orders." And that's CONTEXTLESS.

Arc Hammer posted:

Duo Maxwell would make Igloo worthwhile, yes.

Duo Maxwell would improve so many things in so many things.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Among Us going with real Galaxy Brain Gundam Meme's https://twitter.com/AmongUsGame/status/1772316793291280466

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/G_Witch_M/status/1772512026100904221?t=0EFchyrltxiq-SCQCi-TMA&s=19

The G Witch website has seemingly added character bios for Vanadis Heart.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
While I don't think that trailer gives us enough to chew on to really determine if the MC is disillusioned or not, I completely agree with not bothering to get worked up at the story writing of something that hasn't come out yet.

Visual criticisms make sense but we don't actually know anything about the plot beyond "some zeon soldiers fighting in the OYW, oh no here's a spooky Gundam".

Kanos fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Mar 26, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I want to see a bunch of plucky young GM pilots who accidentally stumble onto Zeon's most secret weapon, the GELGOOG, and they have to battle this unstoppable overpowered force.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ImpAtom posted:

I want to see a bunch of plucky young GM pilots who accidentally stumble onto Zeon's most secret weapon, the GELGOOG, and they have to battle this unstoppable overpowered force.

Only to discvoer that the Goog pilot is a 13 year old cadet who has been shoved into the cockpit in the last three weeks of the war.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wanna see the first time a Zaku was ever used, before the Federation even started Project V

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Wanna see the first time a Zaku was ever used, before the Federation even started Project V

The Origin has that.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The Origin has that.

So does Mobile Suit Developers. Only that's about when Zakus were used to transport cows.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Onmi posted:

I want to go full Igloo 3, I want them to show how horrid war is, the futility of fighting, how little high command cares about them, and then, as the show reaches its final minutes, they put a billowing zeon flag on screen while the cast talk about how awesome everyone in Zeon is and how Zeon's the best and everyone who died were true heroes and it was actually Cool and Good they were given lovely weapons that would never work.

The ending of Igloo makes me so loving mad I cannot understate how of all the Zeonwank, it's the wankiest and offends me the most. Like 0083 Banzai charge? Don't even care in comparison. Unicorn's loving bizarro take on it, sure whatever Fukui can't write.
Hunter of Black Clothes is slightly worse, but it's an obscure manga instead of a full on anime, so I can understand there being less talk about how the worst it is.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
I think its super 100% fair to be suspicious when the franchise that has a habit of making people literal space nazis and then going "Glory to the Space Nazis they were oppressed victims and the doomed moral victors" has a story about the Space Nazis Fighting in Eastern Europe against a foe their own propaganda calls inferior to them, and that story is being made by fan dudes who worked on Warhammer 40k fan stuff but in the "WOW COOL SPACE MENS" Department not the "Satire of authoritarian totalitarianism" department, and the trailer for it is playing up a bunch of the stuff we were all worried about.

Like, there's two kinds of 40k fan projects: Gets that poo poo sucks, like Emperor Text to Speech; or thinks the Imperium is the good guys. And I think its safe to be concerned that teh guys making this are in the "Thinks the Imperium is the Good Guys" camp and worry when that's being applied to Gundam, which often has a "The Space Nazis are the Good Guys" problem.

Edit: I would totally watch a Zeon focused gundam series made by the Emperor Text To Speech guys.

Fivemarks fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Mar 26, 2024

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Fivemarks posted:

I think its super 100% fair to be suspicious when the franchise that has a habit of making people literal space nazis and then going "Glory to the Space Nazis they were oppressed victims and the doomed moral victors"

i don't think this is actually a franchise habit in any substantive way

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

one day i too will watch igloo and let it permanently color my view of the entire franchise, and eternally jump at the fear of some new entry being igloo again

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

the movie looks bad but whether or not it's zeonwank on top of that seems a bit early to call

i did appreciate them keeping in the goofy 79 robot and vehicle designs

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Gundam Side Stories set in the OYW have a really bad habit of it, actually. Not like, the animated stuff, but manga and games really love to do it. And I suppose it isn't really fair to use Code Fairy or Unicorn or IGLOO as an example, though.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

ninjewtsu posted:

one day i too will watch igloo and let it permanently color my view of the entire franchise, and eternally jump at the fear of some new entry being igloo again

50% of this is also how SRW makes it so you can always redeem Gato but not Cima that's ballooned into perceived subtext for 0083 itself. which might be an ideological statement, might be passive misogyny but more likely is just because Gato is the main antagonist with a more personal connection to Kou and Nina, and Cima is not

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

50% of this is also how SRW makes it so you can always redeem Gato but not Cima that's ballooned into perceived subtext for 0083 itself. which might be an ideological statement, might be passive misogyny but more likely is just because Gato is the main antagonist with a more personal connection to Kou and Nina, and Cima is not

Plus this is something that happened exclusively in video games for the SNES, Wonderswan, and early Sega Saturn and their also-very-old remakes and people shouldn't be letting that colour their view of either franchise or their fandoms in the year 2024.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fivemarks posted:

Gundam Side Stories set in the OYW have a really bad habit of it, actually. Not like, the animated stuff, but manga and games really love to do it. And I suppose it isn't really fair to use Code Fairy or Unicorn or IGLOO as an example, though.

It's still probably a lot healthier to evaluate each story on its own merits instead of preemptively getting mad that it might be like other bad stories written before it.

Mister Olympus posted:

It's absolutely not because of any kind of ideological statement. It's because Gato was/is an extremely popular rival while Cima is a glorified bit character who has most of her character offloaded to material from outside the series itself. SRW also periodically lets you ally with/recruit Haman and it's entirely because Haman is cool as hell.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
SRW T lets you recruit GLEMY TOTO for some godforsaken reason, and it's probably because the Queen Mansa is cool as heck.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

SRW has let us recruit Katejina at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I can fix her