Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

quote:

Lol no Jobs was a complete asshat from the beginning.
I think of CR as the Walt Disney of this generation.
Before Disneyland opened there was people who referred to it as "Walt's Folly"

CR confirmed for anti-semite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Hey I haven't been following this super close but shoutout to D_Smart for raising enough of a fuss that they've quietly been giving out refunds

quote:

Hey there,

Thank you for your patience thus far. I am happy to confirm that I have actioned the refund for $385.00 USD via Stripe (Credit/Debit Card). It can take 5-10 working days for the funds to appear. Should you have any further questions or concerns let me know.

Your account has been permanently de-activated. Should you wish to return in the future you can create a new account with the same details.

Thanks,
Mike

Ticket started on October 4th
First response on October 13th
Second response on October 14th
Refund approved on October 27th
Money in account on ???

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

here's a fun 'lil image i found that illustrates the plight of both CIG and DS atm

:gary:

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

:gas:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

I'm starting to see more and more articles on failed kickstarters in real news and it's making me think about Star Citizen

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34832447

I can't wait to see the articles when everything finally collapses

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

AP posted:

Store credit will be allowed*

*In next build**

**2 weeks.

There's a certain genius to the deception going on at this point, nobody thought during the design to allow store credit, on the store. :gary:

Anyone who actually believes that is an idiot, considering the system this was brought in to replace only used store credit.

Someone post the Ben quote where he said that any kind of restrictions on packages would amount to DLC or w/e and they would never do something like that

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sounds almost as much fun as the mining gameplay.

EVE Online: Find asteroid. Target asteroid. Activate mining beams. Get minerals. Sell minerals on market.

Rebel Galaxy: Find asteroid. Aim mining beams at targeting points. Fire mining beams. Tractor in minerals. Sell minerals on market.

Star Citizen:

I think this is what you meant to say. I can't wait to see what interpretation of half these promises they end up settling on when they try and chuck this out the door.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Remember when Transverse had "flight" and "combat" as stretch goals and failed to accomplish either

I applaud Chris Roberts for avoiding scope creep by also omitting these features

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Thanks for posting all that Beer, it's going to be a great historical source for whenever this all explodes spectacularly or fizzles out as a disappointment to all the cultists.

I'm not sure how anyone could look at the tone and language of everyone in that exchange and think "hmm yes Beer is the toxic malcontent" unironically.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

AP posted:

The best bit was how Beer asked who he was talking to so Sandi pretended it wasn't her, complained about long emails, pretended to pass the conversation chain to herself and then wrote long reply emails.

"Wouldn't you rather a refund since you're so negative about the Best drat Business Woman in the world who is definitely not me" she said while actively denying everyone else refunds.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Gryphon0468 posted:

Hey guys I got a refund.

Congrats :)

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Lowtax posted:

have you ever seen Derek Smart say that he doesn't gently caress animals?

Has has but you have to read all 20 blog posts in chronological order to unravel his intricate web of evidence that he does not, in fact, gently caress animals

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Lowtax posted:

Oh God no, don't make me read a Derek Smart blog post, that's how they break captured ISIS fighters

Personally I loved the blog where he interviewed Assad about his opinions on the space video game, controversial sure but you can't deny his industry experience

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

That Works posted:

The doublethink is staggering. It took >3 months for someone to say "oh yeah we ignored our own rules and banned you for poo poo you said on another website, peace" and somehow Beer is the agitator.

Personally I think it's extremely good that a space video game company uses the same language as autocratic regimes to describe people who have criticisms of their space video game

Have you seen any malcontents lately, citizens ?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

MMD3 posted:

I mean, what genres are we actually missing out on at this point? Might as well go full circle and throw in some RTS ala Starcraft if we are already going to do sim city.

I vaguely remember that sometime way back in 2013 they promised a fully fledged command center on capital ships to manage battles from

No genre left behind when we go with Chris to rapture

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

So they don't have any proof that it's not real. But they prefer to assume that it isn't. This entire article amounts to "Nuh-uh!"

Don't you see they owe it to the community

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Jesus Christ this community is going to implode so violently some day, no matter what happens or doesn't happen with the 'game'

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

In the Star Citizen Thread anything you want can be true if you just believe hard enough in the dream

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

It's not exactly like unhinged Star Citizen fans are rare. I'd be really shocked if it came back to be Sandi.

... I don't really know that it's worth the 'doxxing' to find out.

Woah there poster, sounds like we have a malcontent in the Best drat Comedy Forum Simulator Ever, how much have you pledged to Lowtax?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Beet Wagon posted:

Well I wanted to get the Ultra PostLord package, but I have to wait until payday. I can only put off so many bills to divert money to Lowtax.

I will defend to the death the validity of my investment in the Postmaster-Admiral package

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Yes.

Depends on what you're talking about. When it comes to CIG being a disaster and Derek Smart being generally correct, it's not ironic.

Note: Derek Smart being just a little-bit too invested in all this is also true.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I don't think anyone knows

It's simply not possible to separate the made up crazy from the genuine

On this note I have no earthly idea what the gently caress your av is supposed to be, other than an abomination

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

This rules

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress you Inquisitor Obiwan Sherlock Clousseau is the pinnacle of art.

My point exactly. To you the 40K style looks goofy. To me it looks over the top and awesome. In contrast Star Citizen is just :geno:.

Just you wait until iconic characters such as "Admiral Bishop" and "Old Man" enter the cultural lexicon.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Probe into Zano drone scandal released http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-35356147

quote:

In more than 13,000 words he describes the origins of the Torquing Group, a business that was essentially the personal mission of self-taught engineer Ivan Reedman to build a marketable drone; how clever - though misleading - marketing turned the Zano into a Kickstarter sensation, galloping past its original funding target; and then the disaster which unfolded as Reedman and his colleagues discovered they just did not have the skills or the experience to mass produce the mini-drone.

He does raise serious questions about the video which excited so much interest in the project. Reedman denies that CGI, other drones or even selfie sticks were used to create a misleading picture of what the Zano could do but admits that the video shows features that were not operational at the time it was shot.

In fact, as I found when I came to shoot a demo of the project last August, the Zano never delivered what was promised in the video.

But it was not only potential backers who swallowed exaggerations in the marketing campaign. Kickstarter chose Zano as a "staff pick" and the tech news site Engadget shortlisted it for its best of CES 2015 award, even though the Torquing team could not demonstrate the drone flying at the show. As late as October, Popular Science chose it as one of its 100 most amazing innovations of 2015.

Pretend I just quoted the whole article

I can't wait for SC to burn to the ground

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

ok i'll do the requisite amount of hail garys to make up for my shortfalls thank you

Hail Gary, full of grace
The Chris is with thee
Give us this day our daily paaarp
And forgive us our shitposts
As we forgive those who shitpost against us
Amen

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

I'm not sure how you could look at the amount of material coming out showcasing Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within Squadron 42 versus "Star Citizen" and not accept that there might be some truth to the 'desperate for a hollywood return' narrative.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Wrecked Angle posted:

D..did they make the window aperture bigger because :pgabz: mocked them?

Goons ruin everything..

Edit.
This is the one you need to look at.

The dumb thing is that it looks like that stupidly small window might even work if you just put the pilot's seat right next to the glass and directly in the middle instead of all the way at the back and to the side with acres of dead space in between you and the game.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

that guy's weird capitalization fetisch weirds me seriously out

Could be a native German speaker, they capitalize every single noun.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Stay safe CIG ghost

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

You've been doing the lord's work. Take it easy, this house of cards is gonna fall one way or another and everything will come out, the only difference is how quickly we know the details.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

I thought you guys were joking about Ben but he's literally flashing Wing Commander movie concept art at the camera :psyduck:

Move on, dude.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

You can only get one unmelt-token per financial quarter and they don't stack!

Okay, now that Star Citizen is out of the way, let's talk about Wing Commander and other nerd poo poo.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

All the mo-cap shot so far was for "Episode 1" of Squadron 42, apparently.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's right Ben, compare yourself to Star Wars. That's the intelligent thing to do.

So did he say SQ42 was 3 episodes or 5?

I'm pretty sure he said 3.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I am permanently banned from talking in cigcommunity.

Did you even post anything or was it preemptive?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

AP posted:

Spoilers, that will be the answer if they answer it.

A loving prophet.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Dev says he wants to see all ships done by the end of the year

Ben laughs and rushes to clarify that it's not at all realistic.

But don't worry, it's definitely coming out in 2016!

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Ash1138 posted:

I am not watching this, but did they say that the mocap for SQ42 Ep1 is done or that ALL the mocap that's been done is for Ep1?

The second one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

"Is the cost justified" constitutes trolling to Ben.

• Locked thread