Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

don't artists on spotify get paid per stream, so if you rip the stream out to a file once they only get paid a fraction of a penny once

who gives a poo poo about spotify themselves but yeah as far as the artists are concerned it's just piracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I just want a way to stream SiriusXM on my PC that isn't their crappy website, since it ignores my keyboard media keys. Can't find a desktop app to do it. Can't find a phone app to do it. Open your API, cowards! :argh:

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

I just want a way to stream SiriusXM on my PC that isn't their crappy website, since it ignores my keyboard media keys. Can't find a desktop app to do it. Can't find a phone app to do it. Open your API, cowards! :argh:

A DAC that has Bluetooth input would do it. They tend to be expensive, though.
Another way I've done it before I had this DAC was to stream via Bluetooth from the phone to the computer. But, it only worked in Linux since windows is an idiot that thinks that Bluetooth can only be used for output, not input.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

repiv posted:

don't artists on spotify get paid per stream, so if you rip the stream out to a file once they only get paid a fraction of a penny once

who gives a poo poo about spotify themselves but yeah as far as the artists are concerned it's just piracy

Ahh, okay, I wasn't aware that's how artists were paid out in Spotify. I'll try to work with it for now then. I'm just not happy with these "features" that keep getting added which hurt the listening experience.

Man, the music industry sucks. Pay your loving artists.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Neato. Had no idea Foobar2000 was on Android.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
is there a good weather app for Canada right now? I've been using Today Weather and I've been rained on for the last time >:(

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

YggiDee posted:

is there a good weather app for Canada right now? I've been using Today Weather and I've been rained on for the last time >:(

Weather prediction is getting worse at this the world over thanks to climate change. Old models are not able to predict things because it's all too broken.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

YggiDee posted:

For what it's worth, the Google poo poo seems to be most reliable for me, and searching, they just use Environment Canada data.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yesterday I asked Google if it would rain at all that night. "Nope, no chance of rain".

Was 1.5 miles away with the dog on our walk when the storm hit. Super fun, A+ especially with a dog that hates getting wet.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

weather predictions have never worked for Vancouver and the coast, regardless of climate change, welcome to da club

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Down here in Oz the better weather predictions are from the Australian bureau of meteorology but (at least last I checked) Google uses one of those global weather services instead that isn't as good at forecasting locally so we gotta just manually use the BoM app.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 5, 2024

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
Install multiple weather apps that all use different sources/ensemble preferences; make your own ensemble out of their ensemble forecasts

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
One of the nice things about Windy is that you can switch between forecast models. This morning NAM and HRRR disagreed between rain all day and just cloudy.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It has its flaws, but I still rely on Weather Underground. They use the National Weather Service, have a lot of hyperlocal weather stations here, and their radar/storm tracking is really good. The website is better than the phone app, but the app is decent enough.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It has its flaws, but I still rely on Weather Underground. They use the National Weather Service, have a lot of hyperlocal weather stations here, and their radar/storm tracking is really good. The website is better than the phone app, but the app is decent enough.

This is what I use when I need it to be really accurate. I'm near Lake Michigan and the temperature can drop like 10 degrees in that half mile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

YggiDee posted:

https://github.com/breezy-weather/breezy-weather

and if you want radar:
https://www.ventusky.com/?p=40.1;-75.2;5&l=temperature-2m&t=20240506/0200
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cz.ackee.ventusky