Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Game Ever
Yes
Maybe
Probably
View Results

• Locked thread
Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
That was one of the best college football games of all time. Nobody needs more than 100 yards of passing. Punters punting while getting obliterated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Baylor QB Chris Johnson went 7/24 for 64 yards, a TD, and an INT.

The TD was in overtime, and was also the only pass he completed after the first half :wow:

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

my favorite from last year

ebg fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 28, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

my favorite from last year

Jeez

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

I have a season's worth of comeuppance coming my way tomorrow night, my friend

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
allahu akbar

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

:drat:

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

So I didn't see this happen so I don't know if it was called, but this is illegal right?

I remember doing it in madden once and thinking it looked illegal but the game wasn't designed to detect it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Why would it be illegal

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
he dropped the ball and picked it back up. crushing him is fair game at that point

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

RAIIIIIIIIIINMAKER!!!!

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

I can't stop watching him kick that ball

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

If a punter drops the ball, it's now live and he becomes a runner and can be murdered with impunity. Now, the punter is still free to boot the ball, as anyone can, and if he does so in the process of being disemboweled then good for him.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

loving incredible

pretty sure that punt only went like 10 yards but still, what a pro

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

wilderthanmild posted:

So I didn't see this happen so I don't know if it was called, but this is illegal right?
Perfectly legal if it's before the ball is kicked.

ANNIHILATE ALL PUNTERS ALL DAY ERR'DAY

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The only thing cooler than seeing punters getting annihilated is seeing punters annihilate someone else

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

The only thing cooler than seeing punters getting annihilated is seeing punters annihilate someone else
Two years ago San Jose State's punter was ejected for instigating a fight against Minnesota:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY164ehbyXc

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Nov 28, 2015

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Fullhouse posted:

loving incredible

pretty sure that punt only went like 10 yards but still, what a pro

Yep. Despite him getting destroyed he did about all he could knowing he was dead.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

wilderthanmild posted:

I remember doing it in madden once and thinking it looked illegal but the game wasn't designed to detect it.

If the punter is contacted while the ball is still in his possession, then it is not illegal. He was contacted prior to kicking the ball, so fair play.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
What happened? I was pretty football'd out after that Apple Cup :woof:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

effectual posted:

What happened? I was pretty football'd out after that Apple Cup :woof:

Pakled posted:

Touchdown 
Touchdown 
Touchdown 
Downs 
Punt 
Fumble 
INT 
INT 
Punt 
Scoop n Score 
Punt 
Punt 
Punt 
Fumble 
Fumble 
Punt 
End of Half 
Punt 
Punt 
Punt 
Punt 
Punt 
Punt 
Punt 
Punt 
Punt 
Fumble 
Punt 
Punt 
Punt 
Punt 
Punt 
Fumble 
Punt 
End of 4th Quarter 
Touchdown 
Touchdown 
Touchdown 
Downs, End of Game 
Magic happened.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lol gently caress Baylor

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Thoguh posted:

Magic happened.

If anyone finds the game being replayed on an espn channel tell us so we can set our dvr's :fap:

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
I mean, that sounds like a really boring game but I didn't stay up to watch it so I can't tell if the OP is being ironic and that I should actually try and watch it?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I mean, that sounds like a really boring game but I didn't stay up to watch it so I can't tell if the OP is being ironic and that I should actually try and watch it?

It legitimately owned. Pouring rain and barely above freezing temps. Everyone was clearly miserable and "not fumbling" was generally considered to be an accomplishment on most plays.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

It was the Big 12 equivalent of 3-2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL-mNqDeJpM

Baylor had more punts than completions, it was amazing clownball

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kendall Briles is loving stupid for calling all those bombs with a 3rd string QB in a downpour. Especially when Baylor's top two RBs averaged 5.7 yards per carry.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

This is a pretty good feed of Baylor fans crying and bitching about weather in general.

E: and baylorfans.com is Baylor's "old men in their 40s and up talk about how crappy everything is with some mild racism/ homophobia" forum that every school has.

Chieves fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 28, 2015

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Thoguh posted:

It legitimately owned. Pouring rain and barely above freezing temps. Everyone was clearly miserable and "not fumbling" was generally considered to be an accomplishment on most plays.

It sounds like the Arkansas v. Missouri game except that Arkansas can run the dang ball.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

It was one of the worst sporting events I've ever seen as a neutral observer.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
so uh could college games just go to like 12OT if they just keep throwing touchdowns or what

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

13 year old girls posted:

so uh could college games just go to like 12OT if they just keep throwing touchdowns or what

You have to go for 2 starting with the 3rd OT which makes it less likely, but in theory yeah. The longest anyone has gone is 7 OTs. Featuring TFF favorite Jared Lorenzen as luck would have it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dango Bango posted:

Kendall Briles is loving stupid for calling all those bombs with a 3rd string QB in a downpour. Especially when Baylor's top two RBs averaged 5.7 yards per carry.

The bombs are what open up the run though, that's kind of how Baylor's offense works.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Magic happened.

Am I reading this right in seeing that there were FORTY total possessions? How does that even happen in a 60 minute game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Stan Hansen smiles

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Stan Hansen smiles

lol

sum
Nov 15, 2010

i was going to do this yesterday but i'm bad at photoshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Grittybeard posted:

You have to go for 2 starting with the 3rd OT which makes it less likely, but in theory yeah. The longest anyone has gone is 7 OTs. Featuring TFF favorite Jared Lorenzen as luck would have it.

Now that's an entertainingly sloppy game. Piss-poor tackling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_qMrlssRhQ
Also the vid said arky was in a 7ot game in 2001 too.

• Locked thread