Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The streak of SEC National Championships stands at 10. The new era of SEC Dominance began in TYOOL 2006.

2006 - Florida
2007 - LSU
2008 - Florida
2009 - Alabama
2010 - Auburn
2011 - Alabama
2012 - Alabama

Bored of such dominance, aware that it was completely bereft of fitting rivals, the SEC decided to create ones of their own. So began the seeding project. Great minds from the SEC were spread throughout the other conferences, to spread the knowledge and arts of the SEC, to give the SEC a challenge. And finally, a challenge they had.

2013 - FSU, coached by Nick Saban disciple Jimbo Fisher, was the first non-SEC team to win a National Championship in years, but only by abandoning the weak ways of the ACC.
2014 - Ohio State, coached by two-time SEC Champion Urban Meyer (also two time National Champion), brought the SEC to the Big 10, and returned that moribund conference to national success as result.

Of course, it did not take long for the SEC to tire of such indirect methods of domination. And so, in 2015, Alabama has won its first Playoff National Championship, and fourth in eight years.

Truly, we are blessed to live in such an era of SEC dominance. Talk about how great SEC teams are here, and other college football minutiae I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

gently caress This Crimson Earth.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Jordanis posted:

gently caress This Crimson Earth.

That's a protip, btw.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
My team is bad and dumb and for idiots but they're in the SEC so :secsmug:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

tranime scholar posted:

My team is bad and dumb and for idiots but they're in the SEC so :secsmug:

Same, op.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Really, the SEC domination goes even further back. LSU was the rightful champ in 2003, and then you have undefeated 2004 Auburn who was kept out of National Championship consideration by Pete Carroll's Illuminati friends. So really it was a brief interruption in 2005 by College Football Prophet Vince Young whose power could not be contained by anything other than a container of codeine syrup that made it seem like the SEC wasn't as powerful as it is.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

theres already a thread you stupid

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

blue squares posted:

A mod corrected the mistake I made in the title of this one instead of closing it, I think I've found favor

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

blue squares posted:

Don't try to erase the history of SEC greatness. You are part of the Illuminati and probably Pete Carroll's nephew. Added to the DO NOT TRUST list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

JT Jag posted:

A mod corrected the mistake I made in the title of this one instead of closing it, I think I've found favor

I didn't notice the other thread yet

• Locked thread