Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO WINS THE ROH TITLE MATCH?
Lethal
Cole
Draw
A NEW JAPAN GUY THEY ALWAYS WIN AM I RITE?
View Results

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

quote:

ROH World Champion Jay Lethal has what every competitor in the sport wants, so he’s used to being the hunted. When Lethal steps into the ring with Bullet Club’s Adam Cole, however, the champion will also be a hunter.

Cole vs. Lethal is more than a championship match between arguably the two best wrestlers in the world; it’s an intensely personal rivalry pitting a challenger willing to stoop to any depths necessary to win against an enraged champion out for vengeance.

Their feud began at the Global Wars Pay Per View in May. In the middle of Lethal’s title defense against Colt Cabana in the main event, Cole shocked the wrestling world by revealing himself to be the newest member of Bullet Club, and then he, The Young Bucks and The Guerrillas of Destiny destroyed Lethal, Cabana and anyone else around ringside they could get their hands on.

The war between Bullet Club and an ROH contingent led by Lethal was under way. It escalated during a recent national TV taping after ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness informed Cole, who has been obsessed with regaining the ROH World Title he lost two years ago, that he would never receive another shot at the championship as long as he’s in charge.

Cole responded to McGuinness’ proclamation by orchestrating a three-on-one attack on Lethal with The Young Bucks. The Bullet Club members proceeded to humiliate Lethal by cutting cut off his signature braids and shaving his head.

This past Saturday at Aftershock in Philadelphia, McGuinness reversed his decision and announced that Lethal would defend the title against Cole at Death Before Dishonor XIV when Lethal himself begged McGuinness in his quest for “revenge”. After hearing from Lethal and the fans, the ROH Matchmaker made the match official.

Will the proud Lethal exact revenge against Cole and continue his one-year-plus title reign? Or will the smug Cole bring the ROH World Title to Bullet Club?

Either way, this will undoubtedly be an epic showdown with far-reaching repercussions for the competitors and ROH as a company.

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
ADAM COLE vs JAY LETHAL (c)

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
MARK BRISCOE vs BOBBY FISH (c)

TRIPLE THREAT - ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
TETSUYA NAITO & EVIL vs MICHAEL ELGIN & HIROSHI TANAHASHI vs THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN) (c)

NON TITLE
IWGP Heavyweight Champion “RAINMAKER” KAZUCHIKA OKADA vs DALTON CASTLE W/ THE BOYS

“PRO WRESTLING’s LAST REAL MAN” SILAS YOUNG vs KAYSUYORI SHIBATA

CHAOS vs BULLET CLUB
CHAOS (ROCKY ROMERO/BERETTA/TORU YANO) vs BULLET CLUB (YUJIRO/TAMA TONGA/TANGA LOA)

GRUDGE MATCH
JAY BRISCOE vs HANGMAN PAGE

ROH WORLD TV TITLE #1 CONTENDER'S 4 CORNER SURVIVAL
LIO RUSH vs JAY WHITE vs DONOVAN DIJAK vs KAMAITACHI

They are also threatening us with the cabinet.

The main event, Okada/Castle and the 4 way should be insane. The tags have a ton of potential and Young/Shibata will probably also be real good. Should be an amazing card over all.

It all starts at 9 Eastern. Buy on your television or as an iPPV here:

http://www.rohwrestling.com/ippv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The poll lied to me, there's not even a NJPW guy in the match :mad:

Push Tanahashi

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I voted lethal with all my heart and I know hes gonna win.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm gonna watch EVOLVE tonight instead so someone please get a screen cap of Kamaitachi Fan in the audience if they ever cut to her

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

60 minute draw because hey that was really hilarious when they did it at final battle 2009

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tell me when Truth Martini returns

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Adam going to get that gold watch reign

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

achillesforever6 posted:

Adam going to get that gold watch reign

He already held the title.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

He already held the title.
drat it I forgot, man that was an eternity ago it seems

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
ROH, please get better tonight and get rid of boring Jay Lethal.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Gotta say I look its a little different watching Nigel after listening to his podcast.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Anyone else trying to watch on PS4 and getting, uh, nothing?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Reverse rana on the floor good lord.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That match was wall to wall ridiculous. Worth going out of your way to see.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

That match was wall to wall ridiculous. Worth going out of your way to see.

Perfect opener

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Enjoyed the desperation Silas had in countering the headbutt but slaps seem un real manly.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I don't like Silas much but I was rootin for him

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Caprice is shooting now

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I hope YTR is making the hot tag with nothing but eye rakes and low blows.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's nice that this crowd is actually audible for a change.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Something about power bombs to chairs yuck

SevenStringGuru
Jun 6, 2003

Bob Loblaw Law covers all injuries, including those sustained while trying to 4x4 a segway.
:drat:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lol my roommate dry heaved seeing Adam spit on Jay

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Dalton Castle is real good, ya'll.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Did we just see a Shooting Star Press countered with a thrust kick?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
:stonk: Dear god.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This has been so much better than I ever expected.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

That pose!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There's something about matches that seem to genuinely horrify Nigel McGuinness.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

There's something about matches that seem to genuinely horrify Nigel McGuinness.

he's emotional because he's been rejected by another parenting partner candidate

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Dalton Castle is so good!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Really good but as expected Okada couldn't match the performance of HANGMAN PAGE.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I don't know who to root for!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RaceyBucket posted:

I don't know who to root for!

Rob Fish.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I love how much better ROH's production values have gotten.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I picked mark :(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I will relentlessly mock anyone who gets mad if a New Japan team beats The Addiction for the belts.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Really wantin the LIJ win here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hot Take Matt Taven

• Locked thread