Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
hahahahahahahahaha what the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I don't even know what to feel. I liked Dark Id's LPs to some degree but not to any strong/major degree, and this just feels wild.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Echoing the 'here if you need a bud' sentiment Speedball, I return to your XCOM LP practically every 3 months or so

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Speedball posted:

I've yet to have a beer that tasted good to me, but I like me a Shark Bite drink.

Beer is gross to me as well, I like hard lemonades instead.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
He also did a pretty neat XCOM: Enemy Within LP that was really good.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Confession, I was also inside his Discord though I didn't actually actively use it. the one major conversation I had in there involved the merits of Deltora Quest, which was actually kind of nice but Dark Id never participated in that. I left as soon as I found out about all of this, though.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
was briefly reminded of the Rock Paper Scissors dual threads and the cheating 'scandal' in them

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Heard good things about that game and I'd be down, though the obvious thing would be to follow-up your sequel hook by doing XCOM 2: War of the Chosen.

But then again, that might be too obvious.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'd say given the state of the enshittificaition of tech and the internet he'd be lucky if SA was still alive in 8 years.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Speedball posted:

I didn't expect them to put in an entire expanded version *on top* of the Alien Rulers/Mechs/Bradford's Sweater DLCs. Really blindsided me there.

The funny part is that it really did skew the tone a lot closer to your XCOM 1 LP in being basically a slightly-more-militarized superhero story (Mind-reading mutants who fight aliens!) what with the rebel clones and the psychic monks and all that jazz.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Very excited, Speedball!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

YggiDee posted:

I like LPs, I like fanfiction, and I like fanfiction-y LPs.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I liked the Tales of Symphonia LP where it's Martel commentating on the plot from outside of it.

And while the LP of the GBA Chain of Memories was mostly standard, I did like how, during the plot-free revisits on Riku's side of the Disney worlds, they made some diary entries detailing Riku's thoughts. Some was gameplay coverage, but it was interesting to see him reflect like that.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
[picture of regular egg]

this is your brain

[picture of egg in frying pan]

this is your brain on cspam

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Glad I only had 1 LP of a puzzle book I had, then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
i don't mind jokes about that kind of thing I still think the ESRB joke from the first Atelier Iris kills