Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?
I took a long break from politics and FREEP after the 2016 elections. This seemed like a good time to dip my toe back in. Not disappointed! GLUG GLUG GLUG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Keeshhound posted:

Hilariously enough, they were pretty salty almost immediately following the inauguration when donnie did... exactly what everyone said he would, and started backpedaling and forgetting promises.

Yeah, I'm gonna dig back a little. There were a few headlines I read over the months that had me reflexively wonderIng how pissed freep was.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

Its literally the only valid topping.

You're a monster.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Man, gently caress these old coots. I really can't afford to be furloughed. Wish I could leech off the system like them instead of having to work for a living (and not being allowed to).

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Selachian posted:

Me, I'm boggling at there being a Freeper who's an Elfquest fan ("Skywise").

Now that's a blast from the past. I haven't even heard that series mentioned since the early 90s.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Cactus posted:

Nothing about new house members signing in on the koran? Freep, you disappoint me.

Thomas Jefferson's Koran at that!

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Was hoping to see something about Trump wearing a mask for once.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Stuff like this and the 2012 election makes my life worth living

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

So is anyone else going blackout until after the election? I figure we either get some very entertaining reading if Biden wins or else I ignore the thread for several months ala 2016

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Freep believing the military loved trump is so funny.

Anyone who isn't a smoothbrain 11b knows that he has no idea what military service is apart from saving private ryan where the military will save you instead of loving you. The political elite are so far removed from the military due to all volunteer service that there is none of em who care more than a visit to a cia drone pilot ptsd rehabilitation center.

Freep is the same way. They see the military as a pony show because trump boosted funding.

Sadly, he's still pretty popular all around in the enlisted ranks. Anecdotal but I work with combat engineers and mechanics all day. The last four years might have dinged his image (especially after Mattis left) but I've been at 3 duty stations in that time and Trump was loudly supported.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Rolling hot off the Kraken gloating: Any old fuckers complaining about how they're spending the holidays alone?

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Can't wait for the tears from congress overriding Drumf's veto.

Anyone else hope they rename Fort Stewart to Fort Sherman?

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

I dunno. I bet being the bride of satan will get you some pretty gnarly perks.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Can we get the King Obama fanfic to go with the birth cert talk?

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Kavak posted:

Okay if the Sino-Jewish space lasers start the fires, why do they burn so well for so long? Conditions still have to be abnormally dry and hot.

Well, they thought they only had 1 night of space oil left. But a miracle happened and the Camp fire burned for 8, er 17 days and nights

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Yeah! Let's make ourselves into serfs! We don't need no fancy politicians turnin' us into backwater cavemen when we can do it ourselves

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

An entire generation of SHODANS, endlessly repeating how much they hate humanity, into two facing mirrors.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Freep: This certainly has Prophecy prophetic overtones

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Skulk Hogan posted:

My dad is in the Christian Motorcycle Association (as a stand-in because he misses the Klan I guess) and those loving dorks will ride to nearby states just to cruise a few hundred miles with no helmets on.

This extra funny to me because of the military worship they all have. You have to wear a helmet while driving EVERYTHING. If you're operating a vehicle around other people, a passenger (you never drive by yourself) has to ground guide the vehicle with a helmet on.

Anytime any vehicle related incident happens the first thing on the form is "Helmet worn? Seltbelts used?"

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

I have a morbid curiosity but don't really want freep in my browser history. Is there any rage against Walmart for siding with the Arkansas governor vetoing the state anti-trans bill?

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

And they're all pissy because the 173rd out of Italy got a combat jump during the Iraq invasion and they didn't. You know...back when we were all hoodwinked into thinking that was a good idea.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Wasn't the Iraq jump entirely done because "yeeeeeehaaaawwwwwww it's D-Day again," despite large-scale parachute drops being utterly obsolete in a military with an enormous helicopter fleet?

Well, it was called Operation Northern Distraction. It was done to draw 4 Iraq tank divisions north away from U.S. forces moving in from the south so the air force could isolate and bomb them. Would have been more conventional forces but Turkey wouldn't allow a push from their borders.

The paratroopers didn't have to do much other than be muddy and cold until they were cleared to push on Erbil and Kirkuk.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

This was literally our plan B, for those who don't know about it. Originally we were going to push in from Turkey but the Turkish government wanted a bigger bribe, so they said they wouldn't because they were against the war. But whoops! That tapped into the massive opposition to the war among the Turks in general and eventually we either had to give them some insane guarantees like letting them stomp all over Kurds in Northern Iraq with impunity, or go with Plan B.

We went with Plan B.

And they still tried slipping teams in to slaughter Kurdish villages. If anyone wants to see the Turkish white washed version of that, look for Valley of the Wolves: Iraq.

IRL, U.S. forces caught a Turkish SF team executing Kurdish civilians. They were held and released back to turkey. In the movie, the turks were slaughtered defending Kurds from pillaging Americans. Hilarity and lovely Rambo acting ensue.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There's no way they aren't jabbing every recruit the minute they get to their basic training station. Like they do with a million other vaccines already. RIP freepson.

Prior to last week, it wasn't mandatory so privates were told that their families could not attend their graduation unless they got it. Now, you are correct. It'll be e'erybody.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Biscats n Gravy posted:

holy poo poo all the recent freep posts were so racist. but i'm really irked at how they demeaned maya angelou though. they occasionally pretend to like MLK, who she worked with as a coordinator with the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. this is just more proof the longer a black civil rights leader lives into a freeper/republican lifespan the more likely they are to just blatantly openly hate them.

I seem to recall some Freepers claiming he was a rapist and democrats just hide that fact when they worship him.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Neito posted:

No, you're not crazy, i remember that to. I think it was Truth? Or maybe gabber?

Was it almost instantly compromised? As in, like thousands of social security numbers exposed in hours of launch?

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

The Dark Project posted:

I remember LaVoy Finnicum wrote an anti-government fan-fic novel where he wrote in a character which was essentially himself. In the book, the hero quick drawed down on 3 US Feds and shot them all dead center in their forheads before flipping the gun back into the holster, gunslinger style.

In reality, he fumbled around for his own gun while the FBI told him to put his hands up, and ended up getting greased by two troopers firing three shots, with a third trooper aiming, but choosing not to fire as a 4th bullet was not needed.

And might I say, it seems so fitting in its way
He was a gunslinger by trade
Or at least that's what I'm told.

Wasn't there also a bit about hanging a female agent from a light pole? Just disturbing poo poo.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

quote:

To: Levy78
"Only in American can a negro, Mexican and a queer be involved in a white supremacist plot."
That is the best post!!! ROTFLMCFASHWUAO!!!!!!!!

13 posted on 11/29/2022, 9:05:06 AM by Tell It Right (1st Thessalonians 5:21 -- Put everything to the test, hold fast to that which is true.)

quote:

ROTFLMCFASHWUAO!!!!!!!!

What?

ROTFL McFash! White Ubermensch Are Oppressed!

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

I know that Freep is generally pretty insular but has there been any posts on Germany busting up that group of COVID denying, monarchists?

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

pseudanonymous posted:

I'm sorry but this is really clever. By Freep standards it's off the charts, but even for normal functional human beings this is really clever.

I am totally going to bust this out with chunky army reservists I know

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

IPlayVideoGames posted:

Why are they so desperate for Obama to be gay?

I mean, just look at him, will you???

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Freep-style Christians just need to pull the trigger and go whole hog in polytheism. They have a trinity, a God for every occasion or mood, worship idols, etc.

Not really much left of the 1950's ideal of Christianity they say they represent.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

That last screed must have super hard to type with only one hand...

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

quote:

Not one single dollar for border security at a time when the US is literally being invaded by gangs, criminals, drug cartels and a mountain of fentanyl and meth swarming into even small towns and schools in the heartland.

Yeah, okay. Sorry, y'old gently caress but I'm from the small town/school/church and the meth isn't being imported. That poo poo is produced and consumed on Main Street, USA.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Y'all need ta stop. You're making Blonde Prosperity Jesus weep bullets of rage with this peace, love and understanding nonsense.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Freep: When They Go Gay , I'm Just Gonna Stop Drinking

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

It's strange to think his tag line started off as talking about his dear, departed pet cat and morphed over the years into standard CHUDese.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

Speaking as active duty military with a couple decades behind me: Memorial Day and Veterans Day are for getting hosed up and BBQing.

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

That guy railing on and on about divorce... really wondering if he ever examined his political leadership or his fellow Freepers?

Also, what's now-woke? And why would I be in deep chit if it go to a military hospital. I'm so loving confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

YOU CAN'T BE HAPPY AND OWN NOTHING!!!! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!!!!