Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

White Coke posted:

Given the Nazi's obsession with form over substance that's a glaring oversight. The game really missed out on having a bunch of zeppelins blasting Ride of the Valkyries.

Let's be honest, if we're going to follow Nazi obsession to design weird poo poo, they'd have jet-capable transport aircraft.

Like... rocket-powered C-130s and V-22 Ospreys but with 4 rotors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Let's be honest, if we're going to follow Nazi obsession to design weird poo poo, the game would have been much better.

ftfy

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Future Nazis is the only timeline I would accept Gyrojets as being a functional, and cost-effective alternative.

No, it doesn't have to make sense, that's why its future Nazis.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Let's be honest, if we're going to follow Nazi obsession to design weird poo poo, they'd have jet-capable transport aircraft.

Like... rocket-powered C-130s and V-22 Ospreys but with 4 rotors.

Or a VTOL with ramjet propellers.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

One of the funnest X-planes from Il-2 1946.

Edit: Okay, it wasn't the Triebflugel, it was the Heinkel Lerche, sue me.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 9, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So life's been a little busy, next episode sometime this coming wednesday.

Kobbo_Fett
Dec 5, 2016

Boba? Never heard of 'im.
Looks like you're late, slowpoke! :smuggo:

Episode 02: Carson, you must destroy the White House!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT4m2aji720
Episode 02: Carson, you must destroy the White House! with guest Co-Commentator Lunethex

Kobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 11, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

skullhead tethyis posted:

salt status: irascible

So I just learned a thing.

The game eats inputs on a ladder. You literally have to stop moving, then press E so that you will slide down.

If you try moving downwards AND pressing E? Nope!

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012
How the gently caress is this game still going? Who thought launching a daring raid on the White White house to take out the Nazi president was not a good enough climax? WHO?

LordGugs fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 11, 2016

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Wait until you see the actual climax. It's gonna be great.:v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Holy poo poo that shotgun was useless. This game deserves to be forgotten :mad:

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
Jesus this game is awful :D

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Man, the Nazis only took over yesterday and they've already got all their propaganda posters and branded checkpoints and guard booths up. Dudes work fast.
Also, what the everloving gently caress is that pistol design? It's like a Luger and a Mauser C96 had some kind of horrifying flipper baby.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Anime Reference posted:

Man, the Nazis only took over yesterday and they've already got all their propaganda posters and branded checkpoints and guard booths up. Dudes work fast.
Also, what the everloving gently caress is that pistol design? It's like a Luger and a Mauser C96 had some kind of horrifying flipper baby.
Yeah I was going to say...when did they have time to build all of those D-Day style barricades and tunnels? I'm skeptical that the US built those previously because this game seems to indicate that we stayed completely out of conflict during WWII as the Nazis somehow rolled over everyone including a much larger USSR. So if that's the case those are Nazi barriers, somehow.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Anime Reference posted:

Funnily enough when I was rewatching that episode I was thinking it was the lovechild of a Nambu and a C96

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
I'm so glad I got to play this game when I was younger and had no idea what a good game truly was because trying to play this now would be horrible. Also wow I didn't think the White House mission was so soon, pretty sure we are already almost done with this game. Minus the Bullshit ending.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Pls tell me that there are cheats so that you can play with the MG forever :allears:

The MG, the Garand, and the FG are the stars of the gunplay so far. The Trench Gun wasn't bad either but automatic weapons are always the way to go in these games. Shame that the Mp40 is so awfully designed

Also still lmao at the ragdolls

E: What?? Someone's bad mouthing Freedom Fighters??? I'll fight you

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 11, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tin Tim posted:

Pls tell me that there are cheats so that you can play with the MG forever :allears:

The MG, the Garand, and the FG are the stars of the gunplay so far. The Trench Gun wasn't bad either but automatic weapons are always the way to go in these games. Shame that the Mp40 is so awfully designed

Also still lmao at the ragdolls

In the Extras menu, there's a thing to enter codes and, to the best of my knowledge, there are no codes for the PC version. Gamefaqs seems to corroborate this fact, but it could just be because of Gamefaqs :shrug:

If you beat the game, you're supposed to unlock Concept Art, unlimited health, unlimited grenades, unlimited ammo, and double health regeneration.

Problem is, I haven't seen anything but the Concept Art stuff. Is it console exclusive? :shrug: I never owned it on console. Gamesradar has a cheat for Infinite Grenades that I will try to enter once I get back to my PC. (The code is like... 12 characters long)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Also this game has the shittiest Concept Art I have ever seen in a video game ever.

And I'm not talking about quality. May do a video about it so that the world can experience this, since I can almost guarantee nobody else did.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tin Tim posted:

E: What?? Someone's bad mouthing Freedom Fighters??? I'll fight you
I loved that game, I was disappointed they never followed through with the sequel.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
You, uh, keep saying the Nazis are the good guys. I don't think that means what you think it means.

Also, in the room with the fire environmental kill, you can pick up the constitution as a bonus objective.

Mycroft Holmes fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 11, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mycroft Holmes posted:

You, uh, keep saying the Nazis are the good guys. I don't think that means what you think it means.

Winners are always the good guys. That's what videogames have taught me for decades.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Freedom Fighters was surprisingly fun for a shooter game where the protagonist can't aim to save his life.
I don't think I've ever seen a crosshair more deceitful than that game's.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

anilEhilated posted:

Freedom Fighters was surprisingly fun for a shooter game where the protagonist can't aim to save his life.
I don't think I've ever seen a crosshair more deceitful than that game's.

Alpha Protocol was pretty deceptive.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Really? I never had problems with it but then again I never did try for a pure shootman run. Maybe something for when I finally get around to doing that Archer playthrough...

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Mycroft Holmes posted:

Also, in the room with the fire environmental kill, you can pick up the constitution as a bonus objective.

The winners write history, and all that. Had the Nazis won WW2, then history would see them as the good guys, as disgusting as that sounds.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I can't wait until we show off Act 5 when Carson is brainwashed and turned into a literal Nazi. Nothing is sacred anymore.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

ChaosArgate posted:

The winners write history, and all that. Had the Nazis won WW2, then history would see them as the good guys, as disgusting as that sounds.
If you want to see a real life example, look up how they regard Stalin in today's Russia.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Blazko wouldn't, though. And that's what matters. A large, angry Jewish Pole shanking Nazis in the neck.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Are there any games where the Nazis invade the US and you don't play as a white guy? The Nazis were terrible, but they weren't equally awful to everyone.

ChaosArgate posted:

Sometimes the loser gets to write history. The Confederacy lost the Civil War but won the battle for public perception in the US for decades. Even today a lot of people defend it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Jobbo_Fett posted:

In the Extras menu, there's a thing to enter codes and, to the best of my knowledge, there are no codes for the PC version. Gamefaqs seems to corroborate this fact, but it could just be because of Gamefaqs :shrug:

If you beat the game, you're supposed to unlock Concept Art, unlimited health, unlimited grenades, unlimited ammo, and double health regeneration.

Problem is, I haven't seen anything but the Concept Art stuff. Is it console exclusive? :shrug: I never owned it on console. Gamesradar has a cheat for Infinite Grenades that I will try to enter once I get back to my PC. (The code is like... 12 characters long)

So if you want to unlock cheats and what-have-you, you have to go back to the "Bonus Codes" menu screen, which almost completely changes after you beat the game.

That is good game design.

It also shills a phone line (and how much it'll cost you per minute!), and, unsurprisingly, none of the cheats make the game any fun.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Funnily enough when I was rewatching that episode I was thinking it was the lovechild of a Nambu and a C96

It looks like they took a C96 and gave it the grip of a Nambu and have a 1911 slide horribly clipping through the top of the gun (with a left-handed ejection port).

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Jobbo_Fett posted:

none of the cheats make the game any fun.
Well, you tried :v:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tin Tim posted:

Well, you tried :v:
I feel like anyone who paid full price for this should have a medal with these words printed on them.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I bought this game when it came out and could never make it past the first level because the drat thing would crash. I still have the CD somewhere around here.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Seriously, what the gently caress kind of pistol design is this.

It's like it has a Nambu cocking piece below a slide, which is so poorly modeled that it looks like a bigger slide clipping through the frame.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

chitoryu12 posted:

Seriously, what the gently caress kind of pistol design is this.

It's like it has a Nambu cocking piece below a slide, which is so poorly modeled that it looks like a bigger slide clipping through the frame.

I'm the chamber behind the magazine well, effectively loading my rounds backwards :smuggo:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
It's multi-functional. Front is a pistol, back a bottle opener.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm the chamber behind the magazine well, effectively loading my rounds backwards :smuggo:

Maybe it's like the Boberg XR9-S where it has a claw that grabs the rounds and pulls them backwards and up into the chamber.

Also the sights are the size of 1950s Cadillac fins and are going to snag on everything.

Fake edit: Wait look at the loving upside-down trigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

chitoryu12 posted:

Fake edit: Wait look at the loving upside-down trigger

:vince:

• Locked thread