Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Randomly I thought about how much hosed up poo poo the Dukes of Hazard actually did on the show and how they were portrayed as the "Good guys" even though they spent all their time running from the police and loving with the mayor. And it brought up with a fun little sitcom idea that someone should run with immediately.

It's called The Dukes of Harlem.

It would basically be just the Dukes of Hazard except fully cast with african americans and may or may not have to actually take place in actual Harlem. The main gang of the cast would still have to be portrayed as the good guys and while they are drinking, running from the police, and generally misbehaving just like and for the same reason as the good ol' boys.

Also, the police in the TV show wouldn't just start shooting right away once the dukes started running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
The police should shoot & kill them then the rest of the show is the court proceedings and media coverage

Each season has new Dukes

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i thought they made that show and called it "The Wire"

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Would the General Lee look the same?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
would the cops be african american or just the Dukes?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

myDad posted:

The police should shoot & kill them then the rest of the show is the court proceedings and media coverage

Each season has new Dukes

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
so do they still run moonshine or???

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Harald posted:

would the cops be african american or just the Dukes?

I think it only works if the entire cast is african american. I would say if they had an african american in the Dukes of Hazard, they could make him white, but I don't think they ever had any on the show? I'm not a Dukes expert though.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
like duke nukem right

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

so do they still run moonshine or???

I think you're baiting me to say they are running crack cocaine or something. But they should still run moonshine just for the hell of it.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I think it only works if the entire cast is african american. I would say if they had an african american in the Dukes of Hazard, they could make him white, but I don't think they ever had any on the show? I'm not a Dukes expert though.

okay I'll take two seasons, BUT only on the condition that the opening theme is my stupid nephew's band playing "Welcome to my butthole"

Harald fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 24, 2017

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dukes of hazzard bypassed any question of racism by pretending that black people don't exist. i think a modern show that did the same with white people would be the feel-good hit of the decade.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 24, 2017

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
the general lee would become a fleet of two stroke KTMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ProfessorMurder posted:

Would the General Lee look the same?

It would be a Cadillac with chandeliers instead of headlights.

I mean, what did I teach you?

• Locked thread