Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Larryb posted:

On a similar note, was the Symphogear manga ever translated? And if so, is it just a straight adaption of the anime or is it its own thing?
It's mostly just a compressed retelling of the first season but it's a relatively short read and has good HibiMiku content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Yeah I'm still only slightly less than halfway through HapCha before it apparently gets to the Really Bad Het Stuff (though the stuff they're setting up with Blue already has me wincing) but I don't really care much about the love interests who are at least the same age as the girls. It's the ones who are mostly just stock Cool Older Boy cardboard cutouts or straight-up just adult men that are really bad. Like I never really gave as much of a poo poo about Daisuke from Fresh as some people seemed to hate him, he at least had some kind of dynamic with Love even if it was mostly just stock Bickering Childhood Friends stuff, and Seiji and Takumi have also been fine thus far (though of course that could change as they come more into focus).

Like it's incredibly funny to me that Precure 5 Gogo somehow managed to accidentally write a more compelling het ship with Syrup and Urara over the course of roughly 2.5 episodes than Precure 5 attempted to over the course of fifty with Coco/Nozomi and Nuts/Komachi, because with Syrup and Urara they weren't even attempting to write a romance at all and instead they were actually just peers and equals who get along with and relate to each other and it turns out that makes for more compelling chemistry than having two characters blush a lot and calling that romance. Though Ako and Souta were also good, for pretty much the same reasons, and that one was actually intentional! A shame literally none of the other seasons I've watched thus far have really seemed to grasp this.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

I hope it's a Cooking with Shirabe anime

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Gogo also had Scorp, which was super funny because the show clearly wanted you to feel sad that he was dead and also very clearly did not want you to think about the fact that Milk just loving merc'd him.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

I hope the new project is a cooking with shirabe adaptation

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Oh hey they have the Futari Wa inserts now, don't think those were on there before

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Looking forward to desperately ignoring all of the NozoCoco/KomaNuts (wow that's a bad ship name) content while enjoying all of the Syrup/Urara content and whatever Karen/Milk crumbs they deign to offer me

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

It is interesting that yes 5 is marketed as OTONA PRECURE FEATURING GROWN UP CURE DREAM and the maho one is just "maho 2." But still aimed towards adults and airing on late night? Maybe Maho will still be a proper magical girl action show (hopefully with more gay) while yes 5 will just be adult life drama? Would make sense since Maho is listed as being a full cour while yes 5 is not.

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

The stretch of episodes after Towa joins focused entirely on developing her relationships with the rest of the cast is the best stretch of GoPri. I wish more Precure seasons would do more one-on-one relationship focus episodes, some seasons try but GoPri and Yes 5 are the only ones that really do it well.

Meanwhile Aguri's introductory arc just consists of her berating all the cures one-by-one, it's truly the worst possible foot she could have started off on and I think that alone is what colours 90% of peoples' opinions on her even though past those introductory episodes she's fine.

BlitznBurst fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 28, 2023

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

I can forgive Regina being re-brainwashed being really stupid because I think her second redemption arc is actually better than her first redemption arc lol. The Makopi episode is the best episode of Doki and I like what they do with her and Aguri in the last act

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Scorp's death in 5 Gogo is the most insanely tonally jarring because the show actually genuinely wants you to like him and be sad that he died and also really does not want you to think about the fact that Milk just fuckin merc'd him

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

I would guess that Maho being specifically marketed as "Mahoutsukai Precure 2" compared to Otonapre Power of Kibou probably means it'll be purely Maho

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Also I guess the fairies are probably still in fairy land? There's no way they don't show up at all but now I'm wondering if it might just be restricted to like, five minutes of screentime in the last episode or whatever.
Either way I got my MilKaren ship bait so I'm fed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

The Doremi thing will presumably be an adaptation of the light novels set when they're older. Most of the scenes in the PV are just taken from the LN illustrations. Far as I can tell some people really like them and some people really don't lol. Having SatoJun/Nagamine/Umakoshi on the PV gives hope that they'll at least be able to bring back the original staff for the actual project, though.