Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Aurora posted:

dragon ball is good

hmm... controversial, but I'll allow it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

freeza is :rip: imo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he's died three times (trunks, himself, goku) and had a death fakeout. krillin's only had one more death than him and freeza will probably be brought back and killed yet again. maybe even outright erased this time

freeza's also killed the most protagonists of anyone besides buu and enjoys it a lot, so it works both ways :colbert:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

New episode owns.

Power level obsessed fans are going to lose their minds.

too late for that

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think it's lame that they're taking broly seriously

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bowmore posted:

That was a good episode before and after Broly.

yea caulifla vs goku was great and I hope they do more stuff like that

but I don't understand why it's ok when kale does this stuff but not ok when broly does the exact same thing; why is he lame but she isn't? jiren just instantly blowing her up after all that was kinda silly too

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

her character is literally broly

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Only thing that bugged me was Caulifla turning a blind eye to her good friend Kale

Like it seemed super out of character for her to not at least be like "Nah, this fights just super important to me!" or something.

it's a pretty saiyan reaction to be mad at someone for interrupting a 1v1

she should probably have seen that coming after the cabba thing tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nobody in super is even remotely similar to early dbz gohan

I don't think kale existed purely to lose to jiren either, tho this fight was entirely set up to make him seem strong

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she's timid; gohan was too scared to fight. that's different

Saagonsa posted:

Broly's form and fighting are very very very cool, it's everything else about him that sucks. It just so happens those first two things are the only thing they really share.

that's the exact opposite of every single thing I have ever seen about broly fighting before

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dias posted:

timidness is being afraid to do poo poo dumbass

kale is literally fighting people when not hulking out. she's not like gohan, who would literally just stand there and act scared until he got mad

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so? she was still fighting. not being very good at it doesn't change anything

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she's literally broly. that's her mirror

Nessus posted:

Gohan doesn't have a timid personality at his core. He's a pretty normal kid early on. He's reluctant to be the ultimate Saiyan battle warrior and poo poo, even if he kind of has to be because the world's in danger, but he was a driving force in the early Namek stuff.

gohan's afraid to fight
kale's afraid of other people

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

caulifla should just skip 3 because you know she's gonna lose the second she uses it

nobody ever wins in ss3

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shindragon posted:

I rather she not get SSJ3 cuz then we know she's gonna job :v:
SSJ3 never wins. Just skip SSJ3. Make a new form like SSJ 2.5 or something haha. Or hell a better version of SSJ3.

if she does get it, the only vindication is if she immediately realizes it sucks and switches back to 2

wonder what she'll think of gohan's super form

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shindragon posted:

P much, I think SSJ4 is silly but is way better looking than SSJ3. Not to mention, anyone who gets SSJ3, they almost all look the same (no eyebrows etc, one bang etc)

this is all true but caulifla in particular would probably look better in ss3 than 4

she's kind of a noodle. swole caulifla was weird

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

I really need Kale to appear in a game yesterday, just to have an entire stage of her and Broly screaming Goku's name. "KAKAROTTO! SON! GOKUUUUU!".

Have another mission where Kale teams up with Zamasu instead. "SON GOKUUUU"s everywhere.

this gif but with kale and broly

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's implied kale is way into caulifla but anything more than that is wishful thinking at this point

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Covok posted:

I mean, Caulifla is pretty protective of Kale and has a lot of pride in her as her protege. Not to mention Kale freaking out when she thought Caulifla and Cabba were flirting. While it took Cabba to notice, Caulifla seemed to realize where Kale was taking it when she talked Kale down.

well yea she's proud of her protege. you explained that one right away. and kale was really upset but caulifla talking her down doesn't mean she's actually into kale. it's all subtext and doesn't mean anything until they get explicit

I totally get why people would be sure that's the way it's gonna go but it's not there yet

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

"that nerd isn't good enough for you" is a pretty fair response to cabba imo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Gruckles posted:

I know anime yakuza-types always call each other "bro" and I think Caulifla and Kale are going for that kind of thing.

this is exactly what's happening

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

.......................I REALLY want to see if they bust out something crazy for Gohan in this. And I know that by stating such, I have officially set myself up for colossal disappointment.

he and goku are focused on in the ending. I'd be kinda surprised if he didn't have some big moment coming up. honestly I expect him to outlast everyone except maybe goku

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Minion of Freya posted:

Kale could tear Freeza into pieces and not get disqualified because he would still be alive

freeza's already dead so could you even be disqualified for blowing him up

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the erased universes are either coming back or there's gonna be some kind of tie between a bunch of universes

the no killing rule is completely pointless if they don't undo the erasures

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

The no killing rule is there so the Zen-ohs can take the pleasure of killing them all themselves.

they erase the afterlife too

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Isn't it pretty easy to assume that Kale's rage form accesses god ki? Why are people making such a big deal out of-

Oh, right, she's a woman.

eh, I don't think she's using god ki

freeza didn't need any to be stronger than goku and neither did hit

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

toppo is cool because we've been able to see him in action a fair amount and have reason to be invested

the rest haven't had a lot of set up by comparison. obviously jiren is gonna get a lot of stuff over the course of the tournament but right now, toppo's the best one and the rest are just kinda there

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Dragon Ball Super owns and is the second best sequel to a classic 90's show on television right now that makes people real mad.

what's in first

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Larryb posted:

Come to think of it, has Pilaf ever been anything resembling a threat even in the original Dragon Ball? As far as I can remember he's always been kind of a joke villain.

he captures goku and friends and puts them in this mirror room that was gonna cook them alive when the sun came up. the only reason they didn't all die is because goku turned into king kong

that's the only time he's had the upper hand at any point in the series that I can think of tho

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's a higher multiplier

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ssb is just god but super saiyan at the same time so I don't see how he could

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think ginyoku had ginyu's va in english. no clue what they did in japanese

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

Anime in general is loving wild right now. We get simulcast subtitles of like very popular show the same day they air in Japan. loving funi is doing simul-dubs of My Hero Academia.

The future sucks, but at least the anime flows freely.

well they were but I think there was a break on the dub and now the subs are like 2 episodes ahead

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Covok posted:

God, DB fan theories are weak poo poo. Had this pop-up in my reccomended feed.

goku looks like bardock and goten looks like goku. goku and goten are both second sons. ergo, all second sons in goku's family will inevitably look like goku. this means that bardock had an older brother. an unbroken chain of goku's going back to the beginning of time

does caulifla look exactly like her mom???

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Monaghan posted:

People in U6 seem to be nicer though. The sayians are good people and Frost had to hide what a dick he was instead of being an evil emperor.

well u6 has hit running around so frost literally couldn't be openly evil in the same way freeza was or else someone would have had him assassinated

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Vegeta has a habit of getting beaten up by women.

I think. There was at least one.

it was just the once to 18. that was the first time a girl fought anyone since chichi in the 3rd world tournament. after that, it's just 18 and videl until super

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

idk how you can read caulifla as manipulative. she could barely insult someone and she's basically goku, who couldn't even spell manipulate

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she wasn't trying to manipulate kale into transforming and didn't seem to understand why she hadn't yet

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

HBO doing a DBZ miniseries adapting the History of Trunks, of all things

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/07/29/hbo-to-produce-the-history-of-trunks-miniserie

This is a weird timeline to be in

I guess if there's a DBZ arc to adapt though then this one makes the most reasonable to do, really

that link leads to an error message for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jedah posted:

To be able to watch Cabba go SSJ and then copy it immediately, and then to see Goku's SSJ2, and copy that immediately, requires a certain kind of intelligence. Maybe not traditional Bulma/Gohan research & book smarts, more like possessing strong instincts and extremely high combat intelligence.

like what goku did with the kamehameha?