Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Here's a pretty good video with legit critism.

https://youtu.be/jfHBrhMM5bk

RBX fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Sep 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Fixed it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I didn't even notice, it showed up in my recommendations. He has a good video calling Caulifa a Mary Sue but the rest are just ehhh.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Say something about it if you disagree or keep posting like the YouTube comments section

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Okay, how about "shut up, rear end in a top hat"?

gently caress off

I didn't even ask to talk about it, y'all got triggered.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Loved that episode. Beerus warming up to everybody, Roshi and Vegeta. Magenta being the best.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Jiren has been more bored Saitama than Superman. But even that's not right as he actually has a personality.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They're newer so they needed the screen time, he'll be a factor when things get hectic.im expecting a big brawl to start soon when Frost and Ribranne and another universe or two is eliminated.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Can I petition that starting in 2017 we get the J outta here

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm just waiting on Troppo to meet Frieza and ask why he's with that villain Goku. I wanna see him interact with Hit too. How do people want him and Vegeta out already? They've barely done anything!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The only plot right now is winning the tournament. Until there's a winner nothing else matters. The fun of it is just seeing all the characters interact. The only bad things recently is characters we've already seen interact just doing it again. We just need new interactions.

Randomly dropping characters for the sake of false tension is really dumb and is a hallmark of bad writing. They need none of that. Like I said earlier all the small fry's are almost eliminated then it gets good.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

The tournament itself is already filled with false tension though because it keeps trying to act like U7 is under fire but then there's scenes where Goku literally walks through an opponent's techniques because he's just that much more powerful then them.

Even 'seeing the characters interact' isn't really accurate; they only interact with one person, Goku, and only in the sense of 'I'm gonna beat you up.' and Goku going "ahaha this is gonna be fun." and then Goku beats them up. Sometimes with assists from other people.

This is more of a problem with how Dragon Ball has been written since Namek and one I really don't wanna get into.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Calling everything but the final battles filler is a dumb, reductive way of thinking. Its not the animes fault you hate fun.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Japan likes grindy RPGs and Gacha games their taste can't be trusted.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Uh the only new form that has lost is SS3 and that's just because he didn't try.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah Japan has never ever used a J and the older I get the more the J looks weird. We know alot more than we used to its just weird it stuck around so long.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So good, they nailed the atmosphere and severity of the fight. Everything Frieza and Vegeta do is on point. Beerus shows more and more character each episode and is really warming up to everybody. I'm kinda more excited for what's coming after this arc.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I love Jirens whole style being "gently caress You. And all your moves." Something tells me he's just figuring out a good way to embarrass Hit. Goku already made him look kinda bad.

Kale isn't that strong. I mean yeah when she's doing her Broly Impression she is but I still think he can handle her.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's the dumbest thing. Thank God Funi knew better.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I think people are mistaking Goku and Vegeta not going super as Goku and Vegeta not thinking characters are powerful but that is demonstrably untrue. When Ribrianne transformed Goku was like "man, she's powerful." Both of them are holding off on using forms except in short bursts because they're trying not to bleed themselves dry. You can argue maybe it's more logical to go out early and take out potentially strong challengers quickly but they seem to think it's more worthwhile to try to outlast which makes sense. You don't win by KOing the most, you win by surviving. If Goku KOs half the universes in Super Saiyan Blue and goes down, it doesn't win any harder.

She's powerful in respect to everyone but the main players. She's still below them. Goku couldn't even last long without going all out against Jiren meanwhile everyone is mostly ignoring her.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I've tried several times to watch GT from the start and quit at ep 3 everytime, skip to Baby and get bored. Likewise fansites and magazines from the 90s is all I know about GT.

People actually defend GT and think it's better than Super, mostly kids who grew up watching it in the 2000s.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Freeza was proving a point.

I don't like how Vegeta didn't care or even look Freeza's way. They could've made the elimitation way better.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The writers has to be in the joke with the time at this point.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Would he argue with himself or have an existential crisis

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They ran out of ideas that fast?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That thumbnail is creepy.

I forgot the voice actors are really old in Japan. The only problem is they've poorly developed characters like Goten and Trunks. Pan could be interesting but I fear they'd start retreading old ground fast. I'd rather they just end the series already at a good time than this be another Simpsons, though some think we're already in that territory.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That video is perfect, says everything that I couldn't put into words.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

All of these characters better be seen again. They're way more interesting now than the cast we've been with for decades. I'm not even that hyped for FighterZ now because it's not gonna have anybody new.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kurui Reiten posted:

I think one of the big problems is that since Frieza, all the heavy hitters have been like "oh, we COULD team up, but I really want to test myself against this dude..." and thus they just keep brushing off the idea of team ups. Cell Saga literally has everyone waiting their turn to fight, and the only time anyone but Goku or Gohan gets to do anything other than commentate, it's either getting their asses kicked by Cell Jrs., or contributing more or less nothing to the final beam struggle. I mean, Vegeta's shot manages to piss Cell off a little, but everyone else is just kinda there.

Frieza was the last time the entire team had a crack at the main villain, and even worked together to run interference, as opposed to maybe fighting mooks at best. Zamasu kind of has Goku, Vegeta, and Trunks team up, but it's generally just one of them sitting out while two of them handle Zamasu and Black separately. Once he becomes Fusion Zamasu, they try some teaming up, but it all gets shrugged off until Vegetto clowns him a bit, and Trunks pulls out the win as the last man standing.

It's just, I don't know, after you have Buu kill everyone on earth with one attack, and they STILL basically keep taking turns, I don't think that's going to change any time soon. I mean, there's that scene where everyone tries to beat Beerus and gets shrugged off, but there's also Frieza coming back and Goku and Vegeta literally arguing over whose turn it is to go first. They've gotten so powerful there's no point to strategy anymore.

Uh no. Everybody fought Cell. Piccolo, Vegeta fought him twice, Trunks Goku, and Gohan. By the time of the Cell games the only person everybody thought had a chance was Goku. Yeah Vegeta wanted to fight but he knew he couldn't beat him. Then Goku surprises everyone with Gohan. Jumping him would just get everyone killed faster. He was so far above everybody but Gohan. The whole point of the Cell games was for Cell to draw it out and make it interesting because he knew he was the strongest.

Same with Buu. Everyone fought him and even at the end Vegeta is telling the viewer he knows he can't win. Why go through the motions any longer?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

HitTheTargets posted:

You're still thinking of one-on-one fights. Yajirobe would be straight vaporized if he had tried to fight Vegeta at any point, but he tagged into that brawl twice to get some solid hits in. You think Goku or Gohan couldn't keep Cell so busy he wouldn't be able to dodge another Kikoho?

Before Gohan went SS2 Cell Would just beat down him or Goku and Tien would tickle him. Cell is also infinitely more powerful than Vegeta was back then.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Uh they already foreshawdowed Goku and Vegeta learning this a long time ago. What do you think all their training with Whis was leading to?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

multijoe posted:

They foreshadowed Goku learning the technique, Whis said Vegeta's way too self-conscious in battle to let himself go and act instinctively. They just made a joke about it by having him trying to enter the state and failing before deciding do what he normally does instead.

They foreshadowed him and Goku at the same time? How does a joke change anything?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ok? Like the Kashuno posted they don't have to do the exact same thing to get to the same place. Nothing you're saying says that he somehow can't achieve UI.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

multijoe posted:

The entire concept of Ultra Instinct is about the unconscious movement of the body though it has doesn't really directly relate to just having an evasion buff or a strength buff, no matter how hard you squint 'that's my Bulma!' has nothing to do with ~the mastery of self-movement~. Vegeta just got even more Super Saiyan than usual and punched a dude real hard.

Toxx that Vegeta won't get UI!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Justin_Brett posted:

Man it'd be weird if she did get added to it before they actually dubbed Kefla in the show. She's ninety percent Caulifla so whoever is the second voice seems like they'd just be there for the echoey effect.

Remember xenoverse 2 had Goku Black before the dub even got to universe 6. They don't care about dubs anymore they expect fans to be watching the subs.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

a cartoon duck posted:

I dunno man, should they delay the release of games and such just because the dub lags behind? That seems more counter-productive than having voices that will just get replaced in the future whenever the dub catches up.

Oh I agree, they shouldn't wait on the dub. Because of Dokkan Battle and twitter and just being on the internet there's nobody that likes Dragon Ball that doesn't know what going on in Super unless they don't pay attention.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm tired of the fight choreography with the same shots of people punching air or each other repeatedly. It's such a step down from DB and Z. GT did the same thing.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

RevolverDivider posted:

I cannot imagine being so insanely blinded by nostalgia to think that they didn't do that in literally every single fight of Z.

The last few weeks every episode not involving Jiren vs Goku has had the repeated animation and even then when they fight its short as gently caress. Z handled that way better. You can go look yourself. It's ok to admit Super isn't perfect.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah i'm not saying "DBZ never reused animation" i'm saying "It did it better and not as blatantly" more often than not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ok watch this nothing fight between Cell and 16 where nothing is repeated and they dont just rush each other with the dumb back and forth punches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzrQmAUbcfg

Then watch this fight where the entire thing is them doing the dumb loving punch stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7_C64shOuk