Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Slightly Absurd posted:

Sucks to be youuuuuuuu

Also I actually like the voice he puts on in Rose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kale's alright, but Caulifla owns and I hope she gets past Super Saiyan 2 before the tournament's up. I also loving love that all the reasons R/Dragong Ball dorks are going to hate her are the exact same reasons Goku was having a loving blast fighting her. Seriously, I love how impressed he is with how easily she transforms. "Wait, wow, you figured out SSJ2 just like that! Oh wow that's rad! Think you can make it to three?"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dias posted:

"wait how did he do that ooh he had to sit down for hours you just have to make your BUTT tingly!"

"Kale! Get over here! I need your help with something!"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kale and Caulifla are fictional characters who exist only the mind of the reader, ergo their relationship is whatever you personally sincerely believe it to be based on your reading of the text, there I solved it for you

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I still like how Goku's reaction to gow strong Caulifla and Kale have gotten so fast is basically "Oh wow you two are prodigies! I can't wait to fight that!"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Kale and Broly are both cool, I think. I know everyone here hates Broly for some reason, and I never really understood why. I know he is popular, but is that truly so bad?

He's boring and the reason for his Berserker rage is dumb.

The same could also be said of Kale, but to a lesser extent on both counts - she at least has one or two character traits besides "is real mad about crying babies" and being in love with Caulifla is infinitely more understandable than having a monstrous, universe-destroying grudge over crying babies.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rutibex posted:

Then why was his dungeon full of skeletons?

There is a 100 percent chance that Pilaf is either squatting in someone else's abandoned evil layer or that those skeletons are literal toys.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Super 17 wasn't all THAT bad.

I admired his ability to die.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Babe. Please.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Caught up just in time for tonight's ep.

Lol Tien. Although I suppose he's contributed more than Freeza has so far.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I thought the scheming and reversals going on with Roshi/Frost/Vegeta/Maggetta was fun.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, that was a character dynamic we don't get to see much of.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Glagha posted:

Yeah, because even when like, Frieza was hot poo poo, people landed hits on him that made him flinch. Gohan slapped him around a little before he just turned it around on them, and Piccolo was kicking his poo poo before he transformed. Like they show villains like going "ow you hit me in my face" before they decide to step up their game and crush the opposition. Broly did not give a single gently caress the entire movie. He's also among few villains that they actually actively team up against instead of going one on one, and he just shrugs it off the entire time. He's just kind of the one time they went full nonsense overpowered villain where he is just a force of nature that is completely untouchable until they decide he's touchable.

Doesn't help that even when Broly's declared punchable, it's not even a particularly cool move that finishes him off. Goku just glows a lot and gives him one good stomach punch and then he literally pops.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Whatever do you m-

What the gently caress

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

I want Jiren to be a good guy with a pure heart so the spirit bomb just bounces off of him or passes through him or whatever, completely leaving him unharmed

it would be a cool moment without making a no-sell of a spirit bomb seem super lame again

I'm going to be shocked if this isn't exactly what happens.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

Did Vegeta ever figure out SSJ2, or did he cap out at SUPER VEGETA until he turned Blue?

Yeah, he's had 2 since at least when he went Majin. It wasn't just a Majin thing either, he uses it against Kid Buu.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh my loving god Vegeta, even motherfucking Freeza gave some energy to the spirit bomb, what the gently caress's your excuse

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder if we'll find out if Jiren had to do something particularly special to obtain his freakish reality-bending strength, or if it's just kind of going to be his thing

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spoiler Warning: Everyone we see in the show is extremely strong because the show is about the people that are extremely strong

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/JsCandyHell/status/920666740585058304

Lol this person thinks Goku knows what this is

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

(...it IS cute tho)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:yeah:

Also lol: https://twitter.com/JsCandyHell/status/921150210969100291

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

You can't genuinely believe that anyone other than Goku and maybe Vegeta and Freeza will get this.

The series outright pointed out that even the GoDs couldn't fully learn it, you think Krillin will?

Kriller time will come at last

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I hope Caulifla gives Goku a good showing and/or kicks Freeza's loving rear end.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Let's all take a deep breath and remind ourselves: Power Levels Are Bullshit

Each character will be exactly as strong or weak as the story demands at that given moment. I want Caulifla to kick Freeza's rear end because Cauli is cool and fun.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm glad Kale and Caulifla finally score

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kanos posted:

I'm not 100% sure it has been minimal effort, though. There's got to be a reason why they held him back for so long and were so eager to let him get back to meditating instead of paring down the other universes' numbers for safety first.

I wonder if Jiren's dying or something? Like his power's consuming him? And he wants to wish for a cure? Toppo spoke like Jiren had a pretty specific wish in mind...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

*inhales audibly through gritted teeth, tugs at collar*

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't get the complaints about pacing, this poo poo flies compared to DBZ.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say:

Caulifla is a way better 'rival Goku' than any of the actual attempts at making an Evil Goku/Evil Saiyan so far. Having her not be actively evil but just basically Goku fighting Goku and actually following through on her basically being Goku fighting Goku is satisfying. I really appreciate they don't hold back from letting her act like a protagonist and get stronger and adapt quickly and in generally do everything Goku does while also have Goku keep doing everything Goku does. For all that mid-battle fight evolution is nonsensical bullshit, it really feels satisfying to have a back and forth between two characters who are pushing each other and getting stronger.

She also honestly is just a good character to help emphasize Goku's positive/negative traits kind of fairly. Like you genuinely get the idea that Goku enjoys seeing her succeed and get stronger and pushing herself and while it's a bad thing for him to do because universes are on the line, it shows that he really does take pride in others and doesn't just want to be the strongest himself but to see others get stronger, which is a positive trait for a dude whose eventual manga-ending is 'becomes a fightmans teacher.'

Yeah, especially considering how I can only imagine that a bunch of nerd forums are pissing and moaning and calling Caulifla a Mary Sue and whining about FEMALES, I really like that Goku seems to really like her and gets such a huge kick out of watching her and Kale get stronger. Caulifla's wildly entertaining and I hope she keeps getting things to do as the series moves forward.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I hope a Goku and Caulifla fusion happens sometime (or is in the next Dragon Ball Fusions).

NTR....

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Augus posted:

I feel like Freeza is gonna end up fighting the saiyan girls.

I hope they kick his rear end.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kashuno posted:

I hope the opposite. They're all like "Goku let's fight yeah this is awesome great stuff!" and Goku is enjoying it and then Freeza comes along and beats Kefla into the earth, screeching about filthy apes

Freeza is a dick and I hope he gets kicked in the dick

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Burkion posted:

I'm not sure how the Spirit Bomb DID that, but you know

He tried to use his tail to help push the bomb back and it got partly melted off.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So she's going to be incredibly gay for....herself?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Is it confirmed that Kafla's a Potara Fusion, rather than the dance or some new method?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

You can literally see the Potara on her, so yes.

Heh, oops.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This show continues to be a fuckin' riot. Kale and Caulifla are good girlfriends and I hope they kick Goku and/or Freeza's rear end.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

"....That was like 3 minutes ago."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I wouldn't say that I don't think Freeza's got ANYTHING tricky up his sleeve, but I'd sooner attribute him not freaking out over Jiren or Kefla to him knowing that they're not currently aiming at him and that he doesn't need to kill them directly to win the tournament.

I mean I'm sure he's still plotting his ascension to evil divinity and everyone else's slow demise, let's not get too crazy here