Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Zamasu should sound as much as an edgelord teenager as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Glagha posted:

I know it'll never happen but I want to Frieza to somehow join the roster of former villains Goku has befriended. Just add "genocidal space dictator" to the list of people who've attempted/succeeded at killing lots of people on Earth and just become buddies later.

I wonder if it's intentional that everyone who's done a heel turn never went too far as antagonists. Tien never murdered any of the main cast despite being an assassin, Piccolo's dad was the one responsible for killing everyone and Nappa killed everyone rather than Vegeta.

Radditz didn't kill anyone either, but he committed the worse crime of being related to Goku.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Rutibex posted:

Vegita only genocided a bunch of races and planets, no problems there. Beerus is still a villain and they are just friends with him anyway :v:

I meant of the main cast :v: You can be friends with Goku as long as you don't kill his friends.

IcePhoenix posted:

Face turn, a heel turn is when a good guy turns into a bad guy, like Goku in Super

Whoops, I've mixed up my wrestling terminology. I actually kinda like that when people started calling him the hope of the universe Goku made it a point to say that he's actually just a hyper violent rear end in a top hat like any good Saiyan.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
There's no way Universe 6 is suffering permanent erasure after that showcase. That body toss energy blast combo is gonna sell a whole game on its own one day.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

lezard_valeth posted:

When Kale grabbed him and then the scene switched to Zen'o tapping on his icon I thought it was gonna be a joke like "yeah, he is so hosed, let's count him as ringed out already".

I legit thought she punched him inside out and was wondering why she didn't get disqualified.

Universe 10 is definitely on its way out next. They're down to 5 or 6 fighters and every single one of them have jobbed out.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Professor Wayne posted:

Hey, god I personally know. Don't really believe in ya or your powers. But thanks for turning me into a senzu bean.

I love that Trunks came out of this arc weaker than he started. Considering what's ahead being erased with Zamasu would've been a mercy.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Covok posted:

In the manga.

In the anime, he unlocked Super Sayian Rage form and can somewhat access god ki. In the manga, he lost his healing powers.

Anime > Manga

Yeah this. I can't see how anyone could argue how the manga version is better when it just reads like a gutted version of the anime with even less focus on the guy the arc was named for.

That goes for both Zamasu and Trunks.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

HitTheTargets posted:

I do wonder how Beerus will react when Champa is erased. Probably like an rear end in a top hat.

Beerus used his only wish on the super wish dragon to give his brother his own earth so he can have delicious food. He loves his fat cat brother.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Yo just wanted to drop in and say this was the best episode of this entire arc. I love that 17 and 18 are putting so much work in and it's sad but the next episode preview makes me think they aren't long for this world. It's a good thing Kale and Caulifla are great enough characters to carry this arc to the finish line.

Does anyone have an updated version of the elimination chart? Universe 10 should be on its way out by now right?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Zedd posted:

This is pretty comprehensive: https://i.imgur.com/efpGwdW.png

Oh turns out they're even with the Pride Troopers. Weird though that we haven't gotten a quick cutaway to Gowasu sweating his imminent destruction.
Also forgot that there's just two spots on Universe 6 that have still not been filled I guess with how many characters they have to focus on it doesn't really matter if there's two filler characters. Still weird the Yardrat is from Universe 2.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Rutibex posted:

Maybe he is from universe 7 and teleported to universe 2? Goku is able to teleport between dimensions, he goes to the afterlife all the time (Kami could do this too, so maybe Piccolo can teleport if he wants?). Its not a stretch to imagine a master of the technique managing to travel between universes.

I did find it odd that Goku couldn't teleport into that bubble created by the Invisible Woman pride trooper. He was able to shatter Hits pocket dimension just fine.

I remember back in Z how Shin said his Kai Kai is identical to instant transmission, and Shin can move through dimensions freely, so I can believe that someone who actually trains it up can dimension hop. Goku could just not be that good at it. I mean why master a technique that doesn't punch someone in some way?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

StrifeHira posted:

I mean

Goku DOES teleport to the afterlife with shocking regularity.

Yeah but that's still in his own universe, he seems to have trouble getting to Beerus's planet so there's definitely some kind of limit.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Jedah posted:

The hell would Jiren do against Blue Gogeta? It would be a completely one sided rear end-whooping. :colbert:

Considering how fast SS3 burned out Gotenks, Gogeta Blue would split so fast it'd set off a chain reaction and vaporize everything in the resulting explosion.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Jedah posted:

If Gogeta doesn't happen, we might just get more aura-stacking from Goku. That's cool, too, but I wanna see Gogeta do that awesome move where he casually lifts off the ground, floats towards his opponent, and suddenly they've been hit by 100 attacks at once and they're full of huge dents in their body. :madmax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQoDh8-AKJc&t=9s

Everytime I see this clip Gogeta just comes off as this otherworldly, supremely powerful being. He doesn't even use any beam attacks, he vaporized Janemba from the inside-out! SS4 Gogeta actually feels weaker in comparison.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Testekill posted:

IIRC SS4 Gogeta hosed around with Omega Shenron because he wanted to piss off Shenron enough to force him to use his negative energy ball which Gogeta deflected and filled with good energy or some poo poo like that.
Seriously though, SS4 Gogeta could curb stomp Omega Shenron at any time and yet he still chose to gloat after the fact instead of finishing Shenron off. It's GT being GT by ruining a decent idea.

I remember this, and it always struck me as weird, cause how did you he know Omega Shenron could do that? And even if he inferred that Shenron had that ability, how did he know he could infuse his positive energy into it to get rid of all the poo poo the Shadow Dragons did to earth? :psyduck:

If that fight had ended with a Big Bang Spirit Bomb it'd probably be remembered more fondly, but chances are they would've fumbled that too. For instance:

phwooosh.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Somebody on the Dragonball Super writing staff loves me, it's like they're making up for years of 17 not being around. I just hope next episode isn't gonna be all Gohan does this tournament, cause a showdown with universe 10 is about as low stakes as you can get (Gohan why are you targeting universe 10? Gowasu doesn't deserve this).

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Nessus posted:

It'd be funny if Frieza was gearing up for his grand super double golden betrayal and 17 and 18 just cut off his arms, legs and tail.

Though I guess he could headbutt.

Somebody please draw Tao Pai Pai riding torso Freeza.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

This was four pages ago but I haven't gotten the chance to bask in its radiance yet.

Zamasu was wrong, we are worth saving. :unsmith:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Part of me wanted Gowasu to go on an insane anti-ningen rant right before his universe was erased. The other part is just sad. :(

Also I really like that 17 and Goku are echoing lines the other has said before, with 17 finding it funny that he's considered evil and Goku saying it was interesting to study Rozie's style. It's a subtle way to show they have things in common and I'm not used to that kind of subtlety in Dragonball.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I would be very surprised if Freeza doesn't take on the U6 saiyans, probably Cabba. He will of course lose because he is Freeza.
As far as everyone else maybe Jiren will get off his rear end and just body half the team.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Blue Star posted:

Real talk: i wouldnt be surprised if Cabba fought Freeza and Freeza just beats the gently caress out of him while Vegeta watches. Vegeta wants to jump in and help Cabba but knows he shouldn't because theyre on different teams and Freeza is on his own team, but drat its hard to watch for him. Or maybe he does jump in and Freeza will laugh and say something about Saiyan sentimentality.

Then maybe Frost sneaks in and knocks Vegeta off the edge while he's distracted with Freeza. Freeza's like "oh how unfortunate LOL", then knocks Cabba off the edge.

Honestly not being antagonistic: i honestly think that'd be a good twist. Now Vegeta's gone and it's only Goku and Gohan and Freeza, and who the gently caress knows what Freeza's going to do next?

I can't see this happening for two reasons: one is that Freeza's whole reason for living is being beyond overconfident and then getting absolutely owned by the last person he expects. Plus Cabba is overdue for his big moment.

The second reason is that it'd be pretty much Videl vs Spopvich and nobody wants to retread that ground.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Does Super Saiyan Black Goku have cat eyes? He actually looks evil as gently caress.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Hit is just so goddamn cool. How do you even get to be that cool?

Dyspo also put on a really good show. It was neat seeing a fighter who isn't necessarily stronger than his opponent, but uses his skills to out maneuver them. Weird though that it turns out he just so happens to look like Champa and Beerus in what just so happens to be the first coincidence in an anime ever.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I'm worried Tien's gonna get his loser cooties all over the next episode and ruin it :ohdear:

Also I like that the Universe 4 kid turned into Rawk Hawk from Paper Mario.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

seiferguy posted:

U10 was bad since they got a bunch of gym rats and Gowasu was more concerned about making clickbait GodTube videos than assessing the team ability. U11 went for a team approach, and ended up only getting 3 good people at the expense of the rest of their team.

It's amazing that the Kai who gets to watch over the rings that let you traverse every existing timeline didn't use them to find any fighter from any point of time in his universe at his leisure.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Kashuno posted:

He was going to until Whis explicitly was like "Hey he is so powerful even I can't do a thing DO NOT ASK HIM TO FIGHT"

I wonder if when Whis said his dad is one of the five strongest people in existence if he was even including the other angels in that assessment. They don't all have the master student relationship it seems, and there is still that mortal stronger than his GoD out there.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Rutibex posted:

My guess, that mortal is Jiren. Wild speculation, but my guess is Jiren has the ability to copy any power he sees. That's why him and Topo are hanging back until the end, so that Jiren can see as many new powers as possible before people realize his gimmick.

It is interesting that in a universe where everyone gets their own marketable color for their special attacks that Jiren and Toppo share the exact same red orange color. With how vague Whis was though and how every arc has to end with someone going "This guy is even stronger" I think it'll be a guy in a universe not involved in the tournament.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Skinty McEdger posted:

I'm hoping the picture of Goku's new form is actually of Vegeta and it turns out when you go a level beyond you just turn into baseline Goku.

Strongest Warrior Under the Heavens: Goten.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Tien's big moment consisted of running at one guy for the entire episode and then getting a double elimination cause he wasn't paying attention. Should've just brought Yamcha.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

khwarezm posted:

On a side note, how many arms has Piccolo gone through by now?

Yeah why are Piccolo's arms attached with scotch tape? He lost three in just this episode. Why does he never lose a leg, or some of his torso or something.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

CharlestonJew posted:

Y'know I was hoping for an episode purely focused on 17 and 18 but if Gohan and Piccolo can't even get 5 minutes to themselves there's no way in hell that's happening

I just wanna see them do the Accel Dance.

Come on Toei just give me the Accel Dance.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I'm not ready to call it either way on Jiren's personality, but one thing I am disappointed about is his and Toppo's dynamic. Toppo said Jiren was his best friend but they've shared a total of zero words so far. Not even a reassuring pat on the back. Zamasu and Zamasu were better friends than these two are.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
It would be hilarious if Jiren and Goku's fight continues well past the 8th, and everything continues to do their own thing as they trade blows in the background.

Also I must just be easily impressed cause Jiren flash stepping behind Goku just to tell him to piss off was enough to satisfy me until his big fight.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Marron removes both her forearms to reveal two guns underneath.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Since Guru died on Earth is there an Urug running around?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
The actual elimination order is from most bald to least. Next is Freeza, then Vegeta, Gohan, the Androids and Goku.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The tournament's going to end with Platinum Frost vs. Piccolo (Those Other Goobers Absorbed)

The other Namekians choosing to live on inside Piccolo instead of annihilated when their universe loses would actually be super interesting.

Course then they'd look really silly when their universe survives.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Justin_Brett posted:

Frost also willingly blew his own scheme in front of several witnesses with good reputations and his universe's own gods. Even if they caught him using the needle he didn't have to do that, could have made something else up.

Vados snitched on him the moment his needle scheme was exposed. Besides Hit (who was such a legend nobody even recognized him while sitting right next to him) Frost was probably the strongest in a universe with no Super Saiyans, so he could've gone home and gone full Freeza before Cabba unlocked the power of back tingles.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Botamo's only strength seems to be that he's a damage sponge, he could get punched into space and that's the last anyone's seem of him.

It is hilarious how outclassed Cabba is by everyone else on his team though. Which is why I'm sure he'll ringout Vegeta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Ki attacks are like guns, they all have different properties but in the end they just shoot bullets.