Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Raxivace posted:

I've been playing a bit of the Xenoverse 2 DLC and I like who they've cast for the dub Super characters, even if the actual voice direction in Xenoverse 2 isn't the greatest.

Fused Zamasu's "Back again Trunks? Whose aid did you bring this time?" line sure sounds Zamasu as gently caress to me in a good way.

Appearntly his voice is a placeholder and they have someone else in mind when the dub actually gets there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Appearntly the guy they have for Zamasu is perfect.

So the conclusion I had to make is that it is Shin-ichiro Miki who learned how to speak perfect English mysteriously.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also should note as shown by a screen shot. The Yardrat teleported before he was actually eliminated. As it looks like the effect is slightly different.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am kind of Amazed Nigarishi was the first U3 fighter to go out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's funny that the guy implied to be U10's Ace was easily taken out just like the guy implied to be U3's. Counterparts in another way.

Also preview confirmed that the Yardrat teleported back on stage before being ringed out. Meaning U6 and U2 are the only universes that have not lost any fighters.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's also possible that the Yardrat are native to U2 and 11 and a group of them just went over to U7 for some reason.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Josuke Higashikata posted:

where's the one for u7???

We know their names. Same with U9. Also U9 is gone.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Koalas March posted:

I think Seoneru might be a play on Snare. But idk.

My Japanese is worthless at this point.

Holla! What up doe? I love Detroit.

Seoneru.

Seo Nelu

Sn Nailu

Snail.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ImpAtom posted:

They have not said anything of the sort. As of the moment there's no info on how long they plan DBS to go.

I think something like 300 episodes was said. But take that with a grain of salt.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Burkion posted:

The Androids are basically loving unstoppable unless you're way stronger than them.

If you're a little stronger, or just as strong, you're never going to win a straight up fight. You will get tired and run out of energy.

They won't.

Thats what happened with Piccolo. He was a bit stronger then 17, but unlike 17 he was tiring.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blue Star posted:

Good episode. Mad props to Gowasu and other Universe 10 guys for accepting their fate with dignity. Their angel seemed sad about it, though. Way different than the way the other angel guy acted when Universe 9 got snuffed. So maybe the theory about the angels having a sinister agenda isn't true? Or maybe they're not all in on it?

Glad that Piccolo got to beat someone too. Hopefully we see more of this. And I want to see him react to the Universe 6 Namekians.

No loving Freeza, though. Goddamnit.

Oh, and LOL at the accusation of "concern trolling". Im becoming convinced that term means nothing. But whatever.

Mojito just hated his GoD and Kai.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Piccolo has to meet the U6 Nemekians first however.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kild posted:

However going Blue is suppose to eat up all your Stamina according to the Manga. Vegeta wasted all his energy hitting Cabba once in Blue and that how he lost to Hit.

Well thats clearly not how it works in the Anime. Blue being active in the anime appears to be stamina draining, but not in short bursts.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mordaedil posted:

D&D 3.5 is still the most popular edition to play out there for probably that reason.

5e has actually surpassed it. I think pathfinder did as well. (Though Pathfinder was pretty much just D&D 3.5)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stairmaster posted:

Whis said back in rof that Goku and Vegeta were strong enough to take on beerus together.

Super is bad about power levels so it's not actually clear if gokus gotten much stronger since then though.

That was movie only. Nothing was said about that in Super.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Sub Frieza likes Metaphors and theatrics as well. Don't get what you are talking about.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I can't wait for Dub Zamasu.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Junpei Hyde posted:

I hope we don't lose James Marsters as Zamasu.

We are. Zamasu's voice actor in Xenoverse was outright said to be placeholder. They stated for the dub they currently have someone perfect in mind.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

Freeza's army managed to make a machine that could assemble a 100% completely functional living person out of a collection of giblets.

That was more on Freeza's biology then their machines.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To be exact how that leak says it works.

You can alt pick Goku as SSB Goku or Vegeta as SSB Vegeta. The two have diffrent moves as they are diffrent characters.

When picking 18 you can alternately pick 17 with 18 as support.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I could see Merged Zamasu being a special character in Fighterz were he is only selectable if both Black and Zamasu on the team. And bringing him eliminates Black and Zamasu.

Then it's just fun imagining how the 3 of them would work. I would imagine with Zamasu that his HP constantly regenerates to show his immortality. Black Meanwhile got stronger as he took damage so I can imagine them doing that for him as well. Then the merged version has both abilities, but if you do enough damage to him. (Say the whole of what his original life bar would be if not for his regen. He mutates into that half corrupted form due to his incomplete immortality.

While it's unlikely they would actually work that way. I think that would be a cool way to represent him in game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dias posted:

I thought it was Tien 2, Roshi 3, Piccolo 4?

No it was Krillin 1, Piccolo 2, Roshi 3, Tien 4, 17 5, 18, 6, Freeza 7.

But the ending Order seems like it may be the case. Which means Vegeta will be eliminated.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Serge Painsbourg posted:

Really? I thought it was Tien 2, Roshi 3, then Piccolo 4. Besides, it would be weird to cut Piccolo before we meet the U6 Namekians.

Yes it would be weird to eliminate Piccolo before then. Which is why the opening theory turned out to be wrong.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

seiferguy posted:

Next episode looks good, though. Roshi gonna try and mafuba Frost, though it looks like it will probably fail.

There is some speculation that Frost is going to turn it around and wack Vegeta with it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Manatee Cannon posted:

it absolutely is. people like krillin or tien literally could not even hurt cell at all; in super they probably could

goku and vegeta couldn't have killed cell the way gohan did because he'd just regenerate. it's not like gohan did anything different from cell detonating himself; he was just stronger so it actually counted that time. even after goku blew cell's top half clean off, he still was left weaker than cell afterwards and decided he couldn't win. like you can argue that point if you want but that's silly because the character says otherwise himself. it was the same for buu. goku claims he could have killed fat or kid buu in ss3 if he didn't lose power. the spirit bomb disintegrating buu isn't any different from vegeta doing the same thing. the only difference is that it's stronger and thus actually worked

The Cell thing did not work cause up until Gohan tried they never destroyed his core. (Cell himself admitted he got lucky surviving his self destruct as his Core barely survived.)

Goku was just wrong about beating Buu as he underestimated his durability. And as we mentioned it had less to do with power level and more to do with Cell and Buu having regeneration. If they did not have that they would have died at multiple points. Overcoming the regeneration was more important then overcoming them in power.

I reminded of the time when Gotents and Piccolo blew Buu into tiny bits. Then to prevent his regeneration they started blasting the pieces, but he regenerated from the vapors.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

multijoe posted:

They overcame regeneration in each case with completely overwhelming high power attacks though, not clever trickery

Burkion posted:

Here's the difference

Freeza is the only time in DBZ where power level really, REALLY mattered.

Freeza and Kid Buu both get hit head on by the Spirit Bomb- one of them shrugged it off because he wasn't even at HALF strength yet, the other one was killed because he wasn't THAT much stronger than the strongest hero, he was just ridiculously hard to kill

This is pretty much my point. The Regen not their strength was the main reason they had to be overpowered. Vegeta, Goku were weaker then Cell and pretty much everyone that fought Buu was weaker then him, but all of them would have killed those two had it not been for their Regeneration despite being weaker.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

multijoe posted:

The Spirit Bomb is a more elegant way of delivering the climatic energy blast but it's still fundamentally about hitting Buu so hard he can't recover at all, the only difference between that and Gotenks and Piccolo attempting to double tap him in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber is magnitude.

Well Piccolo realized the mistake once he reformed. And stated their problem was they only blasted and burned the bits that were left instead of erasing them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

seiferguy posted:

Rewatching it on Kai, Gohan struggles against Dabura, to which Vegeta claims is because he slacked off in his training and didn't show his true power like he did against Cell. In other words, Gohan got weaker (I can't recall if he went SSJ2 against Dabura). It makes me think Dabura is weaker than Cell.

Dabura was stated as holding back and toying with Gohan. Then he noticed Vegeta would make a great pawn to awaken Majin Buu and left to tell Babadi. Goku and Vegeta state that from first impression how he moved and fought that he was around Cells Level. Then Goku corrects himself stating that Dabura is likely stronger then that during his fight with Gohan.

Vegeta was angry cause both and Goku know Gohan should be really strong but he had slacked off and was nowhere near as strong as he should be.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The head is the necessary regen Organ. But they can get killed if hurt badly enough and can't focus their energy to regenerate.

The Combo of Freeza's more or less indestructibility and ability to survive in pretty much any state, along with Piccolo's regeneration was why Cell's regeneration was a problem.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

a cartoon duck posted:

I find it kinda funny how Tien's the only character to show up in his Super design.

Trunks Super design shows up in one of the emotes. I am guessing lots of them will have their super outfits as skins.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

Goku and Vegeta are also in their Super design since Super decided they just wear their Cell Saga outfits now, Yamcha's hair is long again in Super, and we've already seen 18 in her Super clothes in the story trailer.

Basically the only outlier is Trunks and this game's clearly going to involve time travel

e: Boy tonight's DBS is a whole lot of nothing

I was hoping Frost would have actually eliminated Vegeta there.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neo_Crimson posted:

Did we all forget that Cabba casually oneshot the robot universe's captain?

He's not the captain. Thats Paparoni.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am more surprised the Dondonpa does not get used more. Roshi straight up said it was better then the Kamehameha.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nessus posted:

Didn't Frieza say that Earth's dragon balls would suffice for his resurrection? So I mean, he has a plan, but all Goku has to do is wish him back to life and he's kept up his end of the bargain! If Beerus, Champa and Mighty Mouse are there with a triple Hakai fully loaded then that's not on Goku.

Why would Beerus, Champa and especially Quitella care.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ribrianne has been doing decent. Though I would like to see other fighters from the other universes that are actual contenders.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darko posted:

Cell is Serpentor, Freeza is Cobra Commander.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUw8cN6R8o0

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Burkion posted:

So, there's some confusion here.

Let me clear it up because I have a memory for inane plot points.

Cell, the one we know and mostly tolerate or love or maybe don't have any feelings for at all, has all of the strongest warriors of Earth AND Freeza's DNA.

Because he's from Trunk's time line, where Freeza was on Earth way longer and got into a punch up with Goku, who didn't immediately murder his rear end. One fun possibility is that Goku didn't have instant transmission in that time line either, though that's super up for speculation.

The Cell from the main time line would not have Freeza's DNA because Gero didn't know poo poo about Freeza or SSJ, unlike Future Gero.

We know there are more differences than just that because Future Gero never mind himself into an Android, and never finished Android 19. Android 17 and 18 killed him when he was still a human and didn't possess the bombs in their chest to act as a deterrent.

When in doubt, blame Trunks

This is incorrect. Gero did turn himself into a Android, 17 and 18 still likely had the bombs in them. (Trunks bringing back the make the bombs go off switch was how he killed them in Cells timeline.) Both Cells had Freeza DNA, because Gero had nothing to do with collecting the DNA his computer was automatically harvesting that stuff and harvested Freeza and his dads DNA to put into Cell. Gero was unaware of that stuff yes because he was not involved in the process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
In fusion reborn he defeats the Zombie Apocalypse.