Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Special Beam Cannon is the only canon I need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh God

Could you guys imagine

Gohan getting so pissed off that he goes LSSJ?

How has that never been a thing in Xenoverse

Just random Sayians going berserk

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Congratulations you have defeated Cool Yamcha

Because let's all be super loving honest

That's Trunks. Trunks is Cool Yamcha.

Only where Yamcha cannot win a fight to save his life, literally, Trunks just has everything lovely ever happen to him forever.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The real trick to Trunks is that he can only do things that OTHER CHARACTERS CAN ALREADY DO.

Cyber Freeza? Goku could have taken care of him.

Dabura? Gohan or Buu already did that.

Semi Perfect Cell? His dad kicked his rear end all over the place.

The Androids? Again, his dad.

Trunks cannot win his own fight unless it is a fight that some other character could have won at that time.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
At the moment yeah, it's super one sided.

The Gohan Goku parallels continue directly to that, to poor Kale's detriment. She's treated more like a kid than an equal

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The hilarious thing is that immediately there after they looked way flatter than normal, like actual body builder's boobs.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They really, REALLY do not want to admit that she's the legendary SSJ over on the wiki

It's kind of sad how often "it's pretty identical to Broly BUT IT'S NOT" comes up

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It might be a hint that Pilaff is going to do something later, or she was just talking about how he got killed in her Future.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
For reference, when they recorded Goku Black's lines, we had only ever seen his DESIGN.

We never even heard him speak.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Enourmo posted:

If you think about it, Super Sentai and Magical Girls kinda are twin concepts, at least if you look at team magical girl stuff like Sailor Moon.

That's because Sailor Moon was the magical girl genre based on the Super Sentai franchise.

Cutie Honey was that, but based on Kamen Rider.

Actual Magical Girls go back way further and look basically nothing like them.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RBX posted:

His Japanese voice is literally just Goku but slightly lower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2fQtJR1R1M

Him being Zamasu doesn't change the voice of the body.

Goku Black doesn't talk like "Evil Goku"

Evil Goku would sound like, basically, the first voice they did in Xenvoerse 2. The gravely growl voice.

Goku Black talks like a smarmy prep fuckoff, which they nail with SSJRose

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Caros posted:

It actually gets even weirder when you realize that Vegeta looks more or less identical to his dad, and Vegeta's second child, Bra, looks almost identical to her mother. And that Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr. exist. It does suggest that Vegeta is actually the middle child though. Wonder if it is an older brother or a sister?

Tarble is specified as the YOUNGEST brother of Vegeta, not the only one.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

We are the cyberman. Do not fear, we will take away your fear.

You know

If you hadn't of done that

I would

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Goku does poo poo without knowing how it works all the time

He was throwing around Ki attacks BEFORE HE KNEW KI WAS A THING.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Anyone else really loving annoyed that both Gohan and Goku have the same voice actor? Like I'm constantly confusing the two.

It's never been an issue with me

Until this episode. That voice coming from off screen, I genuinely was confused and wondered what Goku was doing over there.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So what happens if Future Double Trunks fuses with Gotenks

Does Goten just completely vanish, or become a fourth Trunks?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jedah posted:

Should I add Vegeta's armor to the little discourse chef? Or maybe his pink collared shirt would be even better.

The latter

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
She's definitely the most hot headed of virtually any Sayian we've met.

Also yeah, no one can complain about how cheap SSJ is now because Kid Trunks and Goten already flew that coop aaaaaaages ago.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

The real question is who's U6 Trunks?

He was on Earth

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Here's why Frost sucks.

It's not What If Freeza Was Smarter

It's "What If Freeza Was a Coward"

To facilitate this, Frost is notably weaker than Freeza.

You can see the difference between the two clear as day in the tournament. Frost has knocked One Person off, and it was Krillin, and it was done with a SNEAK ATTACK, ON KRILLIN, and he immediately hosed off with a smoke bomb before he could get his poo poo kicked in.

Freeza has been taking a violent stroll around the ring just torturing whoever he happens to come across and isn't even trying.

One of these two is infinitely cooler than the other. And it's not the one that has to hit and run Krillin of all characters.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mordaedil posted:

Wait, which came first, Cooler or Super Shredder?

Cooler edges out TMNT 2, so Cooler.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I still love the detail that was lowkey confirmed in Xenoverse 2 that Cooler does exist in the main time line, he just has wisely hosed off to his own corner of the universe and left all the bullshit behind. The movies are non canon, Cooler is canon

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly part of why I love Cooler's final form, besides the cool mask, is because it's STILL streamlined.

Like people joked about Shredder, but the most he has are some elbow blades and his head crest.

For a big muscle dude, he's way taller and more lithe than when Freeza bulked out balancing that out nicely. People overdo it in fan art and the like, and the Xenoverse/DB Heroes armor based on it are the worst examples of over complicated, but Cooler himself just looks good.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
To be fair, we have objective fact that Omega Shenron was weaker than Demon King Piccolo

Demon King Piccolo could have wiped out that roller coaster in one shot

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I don't think he's cooler than Freeza I just think he's cool in his own way.

I fully agree with you here.

Like, when I say he's a Worse Freeza I just mean power wise.

Character wise, he's ENTIRELY different and that's great. He very well could be the deciding factor of the tournament if he keeps his game up.

Freeza has a very real chance of getting hosed over pretty easy.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to be very upset if Toppo and Freeza don't face off.

That would be absolutely perfect.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I realized the best case scenario

Toppo thinks that Freeza is a hero of justice

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A huge part of it is why there was such a large black audience for 1970s kungfu movies.

Goku is not white, so he becomes more easily relateable

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

The thing that always gets me with early Dragonball is the Casual sexual jokes. Or just the weird sexual jokes. Like Goku figuring out Bulma doesn't have a penis because, when he tries to lie down on her lap while sleeping, he notices there isn't any bump on her crotch like with his Grandpa. Like that was a thing that happened and you didn't notice it in the United States because it was censored out. Or Bulma accidentally showing her pussy to master roshi. Or Master roshi trying to watch Bulma poop. Like the list goes on and I'm just glad that he stopped with those jokes because they're really weird for a kid's show. Or just in general really.

1980s Japan was a weird, weird place.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

If other animes are anything to go off, it hasn't changed much in 40 years.
It has

It's gotten a lot more censorship, at least on what is considered kids shows.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

How so? In a good or bad way?

Japan is falling a bit more in step, sort of, with America as far as kids media goes.

You can see this clearly with DB Super and its violence. Dragon Ball Z could be quite gory and brutal, owing to it being mostly an 80s series. Even Dragon Ball wasn't super adverse to it despite being sillier. Dude got shot in the head.

Super has tamed the violence way down. Almost no one bleeds anymore, even for a gag- the most we got was an ultra cartoonish blood bubble from Roshi that quickly went away. People getting cut in half is now more safe and doesn't have the same kind of impact and detail that it used to.

And sexual humor is MOSTLY kept to just talking about it and implying stuff. You won't see any bare asses or Bulma's tits in Super like you did in Dragon Ball.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

idk Zamasu getting bisected from groin to face was pretty brutal, as well Frieza's killing spree against the Universe 9 goons recently. I'd say the only real difference in violence between Z and Super is the level of blood

The difference in what happened there, and what happened in Z, is pretty stark though and what I meant by undetailed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJjsAtXh2RE

Zammy is all light instead of blood and ZERO detail on where he got cut, just glowing white. It's super clean and safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPYuLCKOquE&t=145s

That is not the case with this one. It's not detailed in excess like the manga, but it's very bloody.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Testekill posted:

The funny thing is that I can't tell if Kakunsa/Vikal is a joke on how gay Sailor Neptune & Uranus were or if it's just a joke about how absurd the power of love can get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk

I mean, it is the best answer

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I will remind everyone

To defeat Saiyan Saga Goku

Doctor Gero created cyborgs who could fight on the level of Beerus.

To defeat Kaio Ken X 4 Goku.

Doctor Gero is the greatest master of over compensation in the goddamn world. Just think of what the gently caress he would have done if he had actually known about SSJ ahead of time. We'd have the anti Zeno running around with a Red Ribbon Army logo on his head

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

I don't think they're there yet, man.

17 said he'd been training, so they're not that strong by default.

He fought with SSJBlue Goku and didn't get his poo poo pushed, so I'd rate that on "Beerus Level"

He can't beat the guy, but still. It's not like 17 has some insane training program either, dude has a full time job and a family. Gero just made his poo poo to last.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ryaomon posted:

it's been 9 minutes over the course of 6 episodes. I hate Dragon Ball time.

FREEZA TIME IS IN FULL EFFECT

Clearly this is the reason Goku revived Freeza

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
For what it's worth Krillin agreed with you

I'll leave the insulting jokes for another time

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
And Jesus Christ has he been done properly so far

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think it would have been.

Cell was never as much fun as Freeza. Cell was super serious most of the time, unless he was Imperfect Cell at which point he was a creepy monster. It's easy to think of the Abridged Cell, but he's way more of an exaggeration than Abridged Freeza was.

I can't honestly think of one fun thing Cell did after he achieved his perfect form, beyond holding the tournament to prove he was superior.

Well okay

OH poo poo is pretty fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I never bought that Freeza was stronger than he was on Namek as CyberFreeza anyways.

Mostly because we know what Freeza at 100% power looked like at that point, and it wasn't super slim.

But Freeza being strong enough to fight Goku as a SSJ for a short time was an anime only thing, so who knows. That may just be a consequence of the anime being more faithful in one instance, while being less faithful in the other.