Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Please consider adding these to the OP:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Thanks! Excellent thread, OP.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Uhh.. Caulifla is very likely a teenager, fellas. She even calls Goku an "old man." Let's not be weird.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Rhjamiz posted:

I'm really hoping Kale mastering her power makes her more confident because as much as I like Kale, I really loving hate that stuttering, simpering personality that tends to show up in anime.

Yeah, between Kale's super anxious behavior, Cabba taking on the role of student and insisting on Vegeta being his master/senpai, and all three of the U6 Saiyajins being rail-thin and fairly small, that's why I'd guess they're between 16-19 years old. With the exception being Kale in her Berserker form.

I mean, the Saiyajin race doesn't age anything like humans, so who knows. Vegeta and Goku are apparently "old men" but look like they're in their prime physical condition, and the same could be said for Future Trunks, who was, what? About thirty years old?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Well just wait, Pan will kick rear end kinds of rear end. She'll probably reach SSJ2 by age 7 or something. She won the genetic lottery by being Gohan's daughter, plus Videl was quite powerful for a human. And with Mr. Satan as her cool grandpa manager, nothing will stop her.

Plus, she was part of Goku's SSJ God ritual, which has gotta count for something. They could use it as an excuse to give her Blue the time she's a teenager. Basically, she should be even stronger than Caulifla.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SdwrQRERtQ

Pan beating up Future Trunks. Age: infant

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

extra row of teeth posted:

The only other Pan we have is GT Pan :barf:

Yeah, bad times indeed.

Now we have Pan powering up and flying around the globe, no biggie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBPbyzu0DUA&t=17s

Technically, she already survived a life-threatening illness and was healed by a wish.

Baby's first zenkai boost. :ssj:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Onmi posted:

It would suck so much to build up so many characters to just erase them at the end of this arc. And like... Marketing would argue so hard against it.

Marketing, the true King of All. If the demographic demanded it, even Zen-chan could be erased (and replaced with Freeza).

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Justin_Brett posted:

When it showed that big crowd shot as she transformed Frieza didn't seem like he was concerned at all (if they were even supposed to be reacting to her anyway, nobody was really panicking), and he's still equal or above SSB.

Freeza: :smugbert:

Toppo: :wal:

17: :catstare:

Cocotte: :mad:

Dyspo: :raise:

Murichim: :aaa:

Jiren: :mediocre:

Caulifla: :thurman:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

You guys saw the new manga chapter, right?

Dragon Ball Super 26

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Namtab posted:

Even though gt is good and Canon

GT is neither of those things and you know it.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Caulifa is good. She's gonna look strange without eyebrows, though. Didn't the last episode foreshadow that she's gonna sacrifice herself for Kale?

Hit is the ultimate teammate, he can just keep saving everybody right before they get knocked off. He'll probably have to job to Jiren, he's too cool to make it to the end of the tournament.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Beerus is from a universe where two of his fighters had to be coerced into taking part with threat of death and guarantee of millions of Zeni just to ensure the continued existence of their daughter.

Raising kids ain't cheap, how else will they pay for her useless liberal arts degree

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Blue Star posted:

Freeza is stronger than Hit.

Maybe in terms of raw power, but Freeza hasn't fought against his Time-Skip gimmick yet. Freeza's also at a disadvantage because he can't outright kill Hit, whereas Hit can just Time-Skip and continually escape. Goku has defeated Hit's gimmick, so he'll probably steer clear of fighting him.

Jiren will probably defeat Hit, would be my guess. Now Jiren vs. Freeza, that poo poo needs to happen.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

StrifeHira posted:

Both 18 and Arale kicked his rear end.

You could argue Bulma kicks his rear end on a regular basis. Who do you think wears the pants in that family? Vegeta is the trophy husband, basically.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

a cartoon duck posted:

Plus, Caulifla isn't exactly smart and calculating enough to intentionally ignore Kale to draw out her power, she's as, if not more, impulsive than Goku.

To be able to watch Cabba go SSJ and then copy it immediately, and then to see Goku's SSJ2, and copy that immediately, requires a certain kind of intelligence. Maybe not traditional Bulma/Gohan research & book smarts, more like possessing strong instincts and extremely high combat intelligence.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Oh for sure, I agree with you guys that Goku is a fighting savant, which means Caulifla is likely in the same boat. Bulma is our super smart scientist character who comes up with Time Machines and other cool inventions. She and her father fit the description of traditional intelligence. We don't need to go into Howard Gardner's theory of multiple types of intelligence; this is just an anime about fightmans and space cats with bad attitudes, after all.

But a savant is still "smart," just in an extremely pointed direction. So Goku probably wouldn't do very well on a standardized test, and may not necessarily possess a high I.Q., but he can still travel instantly across the universe like an omnipotent being (again, thanks to his fighting savant abilities). I'd hesitate to give "savant" any kind of a negative connotation, since in the DB universe, it's one of the most useful and powerful gifts a person can possess.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

She's gone SSJ2 before the tournament though

Regarding how that happened, your guess is as good as mine. She also figured out the ultra-beefy SSJ version on her own, too. I guess it's just being a fighting savant and possessing insane natural power and talent, just like her mirror, Goku.

The best thing that ever happened to Vegeta was getting access to Blue. Dude struggled so hard just to go SSJ for the first time, remember when he was fighting those meteors and crying out of frustration? Tough times for a super elite Saiyajin. These days, he can apparently tap into god ki. Could it have been due to his participation in the SSJ God ritual? Or maybe when he went off and trained with Beerus and Whis on his own? They'll probably never explain it.

Edit: To make things even more confusing, I remember Whis saying something about Vegeta reaching Blue all on his own, without the need for a ritual. Whatever, I'm just glad our favorite jobber didn't get left in the dust like he did in DBZ.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 29, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Kurui Reiten posted:

Thinking about it, Cabba is Vegeta, Caulifla is Goku, so that means that her brother Renso, the dude Cabba highly respected and thought was extremely strong, and who was humble and a former leader of their defense forces...

...is Raditz.

Where's Nappa?

Did Cabba already send him... to the next dimension? :grin:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Caulifla and Kale totally had a throwback moment to SSJ2 Gohan & Goku's kamehameha beam battle with Cell when they eventually overpowered the evil Pride troopers :allears:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

I really like Kale and Caulifla, and I'm cool with them going SSJ, too.

But man, Vegeta's transformation into SSJ was still one of the coolest moments. He's alone, training on some god-forsaken planet (or moon), fighting against a gigantic meteor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j22HCEaVBEE

Totally over-the-top dramatic scenes like this one and Future Trunks freaking out over dead Gohan were :discourse:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Should I add Vegeta's armor to the little discourse chef? Or maybe his pink collared shirt would be even better.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YF-23 posted:

If it works better for you, there's also the larger version.

Whoa, that's the first time I've seen the big version of discourse chef, thanks. I'll have to recreate it using the high quality pic.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jul 30, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Higher quality PNG:

Jedah fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jul 30, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Archenteron posted:

Di molto bene

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

dr.acula posted:

If hes gonna have a mustachio it may as well be the GT mustachio

That's a funny idea, but I'm not the right man for the job, I hate GT with a passion. If anyone else wants to do it, feel free.

But I'm open to suggestions on other discourse chef ideas. I guess it doesn't necessarily have to be Vegeta. Mr. Satan, maybe?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Didn't Goku teleport from the after life to the living realm to punch Bojack? Is that what you were thinking of

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Kanos posted:

Presumably it doesn't work like this, since Goku had to ask Baba for help and King Yemma for permission to bring Freeza back, as opposed to simply teleporting to hell and prison breaking him.

I got the impression that was Goku needing their permission to release Freeza from his punishment in hell, and that they had the ability to free Freeza for 24 hours. But I won't pretend to know how this works.

If he just randomly decided to release Freeza from hell without notifying anybody, Beerus would probably catch wind of it (from one of the Kaiohs), and erase him on the spot. Don't you think?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Nessus posted:

Goku might not be able to take other people with him or leave the Afterlife if he or they are dead at the time, but there's the 24 hour clause which they're milking.

That's a good point, maybe he can teleport there, but can't prison-break dead people on his own.

I can't think of a situation where a living Goku has tried to grab somebody from the afterlife and brought them back to the living realm. The Freeza situation was unique, since he had King Yemma's permission and Baba to help aide him.

Kanos posted:

Yeah, that's what I mean. Goku actually went through the process instead of saying "Hey let's add Freeza to the team" and then teleporting to hell and bringing him back, which implies the process is actually necessary instead of instant transmission making you immune to being dead.

We love to mock Goku for being dense, but he actually did something... somewhat intelligent here. :thunk:

Freeza hasn't turned his back on his teammates (yet), but he probably won't, since all the other universes are quickly losing their numbers. It remains to be seen if he'll try to team up with Frost and backstab his teammates, but my guess is that he'll think Frost is weak and not worthy of being on Team Freeza.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

deadly_pudding posted:

VEGETA spice is okay. It's like borderline powdered soup lol. I like it on eggs sometimes, it's pretty much salt with herbs.

Had no idea there was a salty VEGETA spice, that it pre-dated Dragonball, and that its mascot was the origin of our discourse chef.

What a time to be alive

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

It would be awesome if Frost started shaking and vomiting uncontrollably, and then exploded, revealing it was Freeza's long lost bro, Cooler, all along. :cool:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Cooler's final transformation is way more awesome than Frost's lame-rear end copycat final form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rgd5H4LrgI&t=51s

The mouth guard at the end just seals the deal. :allears:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Covok posted:

Meh. I've come to the realization that all the movie designs try too hard to be 90s superheroes. DBZ is at its best when it goes for simpler, borderline parody designs for its characters.

Too reminiscent of Shredder from Ninja Turtles?

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

I don't know, but I can tell you I was about 12 years old the first time I saw the Cooler DBZ movie. I'd saved up my money and bought a Cantonese dub VHS from Chinatown, and it loving owned.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 31, 2017

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Monaghan posted:

cooler's final transformation sucks
:nono:

quote:

but I get a cool mask, I guess."
:radcat: dude's alright after all

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Justin_Brett posted:

Meanwhile Brianne goes into her second form, literally Super Janemba

We could technically get Gogeta just before the end of the tournament. Piccolo, Gohan, 17, and 18 provide a distraction. Goku and Vegeta suck up their pride and fuse, because they don't want their families erased.

The hell would Jiren do against Blue Gogeta? It would be a completely one sided rear end-whooping. :colbert:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Crosspeice posted:

Jiroppo. Also throw in SSJ3 Kalifla.

The saddest part about Caulifla going SSJ3? We won't get to see the over-the-top Oozaru scream sequence, since they've already lost their tails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lojvWUsa0tc&t=191s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

TheHan posted:

Considering how fast SS3 burned out Gotenks, Gogeta Blue would split so fast it'd set off a chain reaction and vaporize everything in the resulting explosion.

Definitely true on Earth, but I wonder if the "rules" work differently in the World of Void? Part of the reason the tournament was held there was so fighters could take advantage of the full extent of their powers. Plus, Whis is always indicating that Goku and Vegeta should work together, and that they'd be formidable if they teamed up.

Fusing into Gogeta wouldn't break the rules, it's just a kind of technique. So assuming Vegeta and Goku have the stamina to maintain it, maybe they won't instantly split?

If Gogeta doesn't happen, we might just get more aura-stacking from Goku. That's cool, too, but I wanna see Gogeta do that awesome move where he casually lifts off the ground, floats towards his opponent, and suddenly they've been hit by 100 attacks at once and they're full of huge dents in their body. :madmax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQoDh8-AKJc&t=9s