Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I hope SSG ends up being the strongest form. It's way cooler than SSB.

Does anyone have a link to the shirt that was mentioned featuring the red SSG hair color, but the spiky SSJ hair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Pretty sure he only wore what he did in the Buu saga because he wasn't allowed to wear the armor in the Tenkaichi Budoukai. That sleeveless look looks awful on him, imo.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Zinkraptor posted:

I'm pretty sure the deal with Namekians and food is supposed to be that they CAN eat but can survive with just water if they choose. Since Namekian society is really chill and probably not too big on unnecessary waste, people on Namek probably subsist on only water by default for that reason.

Namek didn't seem to have good food potential, anyway. Unless nebulously canon giant crabs taste any good.

It's probably like Superman. Guy doesn't need to eat, but he can, and he sure loves Ma Kent's...I dunno...what do white people eat, meatloaf?

This is so loving good, goddamn. I'll be sad if this isn't actually an option in the game.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Episode was good! I liked the fake outs and Roshi was still able to provide one more assist before going out.

Is there a new episode next week or are we waiting until October?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

amigolupus posted:

Something else that makes me feel really sorry for Chi-Chi is how she had no idea what she was getting into marrying someone with an appetite like Goku. Didn't Ox King used to have a literal mountain of loot? Something like that might've lasted for generations, yet it only took almost 20 years of Saiyan appetite to completely bankrupt them. (Also including Gohan and Goten here)

Given how the Budokai announcer reacted as if he hadn't seen them in ages during the Buu Saga, Goku never bothered participating in tournaments to earn them prize money. And Super shows Chi-Chi has a hard time getting Goku to focus on farming, so that wouldn't do wonders for their income either.

I feel like it adds a sense of desperation to how much she pushes Gohan to study and be a scholar with a high-paying job, really.

Bulma

E: Satan too

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It’s still super weird to me people in the story and out can hand wave all of Vegeta’s (gleeful) genocide because he’s not a horrible person right now. Guy took joy in murdering Namekians who just helped him. But I guess he loves his family, so who cares?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Blockhouse posted:

she was there all along

Isn’t that just base Kale?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I haven’t researched it or anything, but assuming some poo poo is gonna go down directly after the tournament with the Grand Priest, would this end up being the longest DB arc, at least in the anime?

Love that Goku

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Anyone here collect the SH Figuarts DBZ figures? Apparently some of them are 30% off tomorrow on Amazon. I’ve held off buying any Vegeta figs ‘cause I’m not a fan, but 30% off might tempt me.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

IcePhoenix posted:

When did Bulma die

Buu blowing up Earth

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Episode was so well animated, with lots of awesome fanservicey moments. Goku busted out SSJ1/2/God, laser gun fingers, Taiyoken, foot lasers, Kamehameha, Sokidan...Kafla was awesome, Freeza and Robocop were awesome...Goddamn great episode.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That was one of the best episodes of this series, hot drat.

PS Latin American dub > Japanese dub >>>>>English dub

Basically the same for music since LA used the JP score.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Batmasterson posted:

At the end of the day, nothing really beats unloading a full Kamehameha right into the opponents face. Great episode.

This. That last sequence of Goku surfing up the Christmas Twinkle Crusher and loosing the Kamehameha from three angles was just :discourse:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Fartbox posted:

Is fusing gay?

According to some people in this thread, everything is gay and Goku, Goku is evil, and Toyotaro is a hack (except when he isn’t).

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
People joke about Vegeta, Freeza, etc. mostly in reference to a hate boner for Goku, but while Kale is def. gay, Caulifla is ambiguous at best, but people in this thread treat it as fact.

I’m more perplexed by people who insist Goku is a villain, or will ever be portrayed as anything but good, without irony. Yeah, he’s fight crazed, but not understanding the scope of his actions has always been Goku’s thing, it’s only the magnitude that has changed. And Goku never intended or planned on Zeno using the tournament as a way to cull universes, and all his talk of wanting to fight these foes again is obvious set-up for him either talking Zeno out of erasing everyone or using the wish to undo it. It’s like...he’s Goku for gently caress’s sake. He ain’t evil.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

CharlestheHammer posted:

Caulifia isn't ambiguous, least any more than Kale

Despite never once blushing and flat out calling Kale her protege and best friend, and being a fight-crazy Goku analogue. :geno:

Anyway! Nee-san is like "aniki" from Gurren Lagann. It's like calling someone bro/boss.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I don’t think it does, which is (part of the reason) why Goku wasn’t destroying Kefla. He ended up winning simply by pushing her out, not necessarily dealing a huge amount of damage. Neither Kale or Caulifla looked particularly damaged in the stands.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So S-cells are more likely to appear in kindhearted, gentle people. They are also genetically inheritable (Goku’s mom > Goku > Gohan/Goten). Kind of makes sense. Dogs are basically wolves with their aggression bred out.

But then explain Vegeta. At least at the time he first went super, he was an rear end in a top hat. Are S-cells just naturally more abundant in certain people, while someone like Goku started low but cultivated them over time?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
B-b-b-but my power levels and numbers!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
He means that Trunks was 8 during Buu’s saga, 10 years later, he’s 18, Pan is 4.

So if Pan is 0-1 years old now, Trunks is between 14-15 right now.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

TriffTshngo posted:

That was stupid when it was first said and it hasn't gotten any less stupid. He's a drat bubblegum djinni made by a wizard.

Bibidi summoned Buu, same as Babidi. He didn’t create him.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Adnor posted:

I don't understand why DB games don't have a LatAm spanish dub. They do it for the Saint Seiya games!

Latin American dub so gooooooood

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
They're going to pull an "Invisible Man" from Baba's tournament and Krillin is going to grab Bulma, place her in front of Jiren's fist, killing her, and setting off Vegeta for the greatest "THAT'S MY BULMA!!!!" power-up ever.

Bet.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Stairmaster posted:

which would cause goku to go a new level of super saiyan so it all evens out

:yeah:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Super Saiyan I Care Now, You Made Me Care

https://youtu.be/W_Bh2oP-P38

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What's the name of the song that plays during this trailer for DBFZ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VK90L4t2jM

Also, is the name of the cool vocal song that plays when Goku goes Ultra Instinct "Ultimate Battle" or something like that?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

multijoe posted:

wtf are you talking about

Multiverse

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

tbp posted:

dbs ending makes me incredibly sad because i honestly may put the tournament of power as my favorite db arc of all time or at least #2 or #3 after sayain and freeza

King Piccolo/23rd Budoukai???

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Is there anyplace to watch the Super dub online?

[Points to a dumpster where the dub belongs]

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Boats are dumb. The ocean is dumb. Wish for a luxury liner version of Whis’ cube :getin:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Time for some extremely hot takes:

- I'm really glad everyone shut the gently caress up about the Toppo thing

- It's spelled Frieza/Freeza - I know it's a fictional space lizard's name, but c'mon, Freiza? FREZIA? gently caress you, Stallion Cabana. loving Frezia

- Vegeta has finally, begrudgingly earned my respect as a character. If he gets his wish to restore U6, I'll pretty much say he's balanced any karma for killing billions as Frieza's lackey

- Roshi is awesome and I'm glad they let him grow as a character and overcome his perviness, but I also think Super's characterization of him earlier was off. He was always a perv, not an actual attempted rapist

- The manga legitimately does some stuff well/better than the anime and Toyotaro is an awesome artist if nothing else

- Noodle-Saiyan designs are great, swole buff dudes are stupid...unless it's Roshi's super swole form which is cool, because it's funny

- The Japanese voices are all way better than the English voices, esp. Vegeta, but Granny Goku is also tops

- Dragon Ball Super is sugoi, and furthermore, waku waku, but also doki doki

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 9, 2018

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

More like I'm surprised is alive.

Well, I won't be playing but I'll definitely pick up those Bardack and (eventually) SS4 cards.

You have loving awful taste, goddamn.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Sure wish I could watch this. wtf Crunchyroll?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Shindragon posted:

You do know Super is going on hiatus right? Around end of March.

It’s not a hiatus. It is straight up ending.

Of course, we all know Dragon Ball will return as a series one way or another, but not as Dragon Ball Super. 131 is the end of that particular series.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I don’t want to recommend you all listen to an hour long or whatever podcast, but the Kanzenshuu guys, of which Herms* is a member, discussed the series ending like 3 episodes ago after this was all announced.

At no point in the original announcement of Super’s conclusion was the Japanese word for “hiatus” used. The fact that a new series (Ge Ge Ge no Kitaro) is starting in Super’s timeslot points to this conclusion being much longer than a few months.

They also discussed reasons why the series is ending. One of them is Toriyama’a purported dissatisfaction with the series, though that might have only been from early on when the art was dire. They also discuss how loving brutal it is on the animators to do this as a weekly series, considering there’s not even a source manga to use as storyboards like with DB/Z.

The Dragon Ball franchise is making a ludicrously absurd amount of money from merchandise, so of course this isn’t the end, but Super is done.

If you’re interested in more, listen to that podcast, but that was the gist of it.

*Herms is the guy on Twitter who posts the translated episode descriptions from Japanese TV Guide.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

dipwood posted:

I don't understand why they have to do the weekly format. Why not work on a season and then release it in weekly format when it's done? Why work animators to the bone to meet deadlines? It's not like they don't have the money for it, this series is a cash cow.

Best case scenario, that’s exactly what they’ll do when Dragon Ball returns. I think Super was a case of “this is just how it’s always been done.”

I forgot to include the passing of Bulma’s VA as a contributor to the end of Super. They need proper time to mourn/honor her, and find a replacement and train her.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

punk rebel ecks posted:

What's the name of the podcast?

Kanzenshuu is the podcast as well as the site.

Basically translates to perfect collection as they try to put everything Dragon Ball on one site.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Where’s my Android 17 Ranger SH Figuarts???

Anyone know what the MIR on his shirt means?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Raygereio posted:

Minotaurus Island Ranger?

Oh, nice. Probably!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Except that Jiren alone has been effortlessly (until recently) been clowning on everyone. There’s a reason people are still guessing Jiren might win and use his wish to bring back everyone after Goku works his magic and makes Jiren his friend.