Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Gem
Phos
Rutile
Red Beryl
Cinnabar
Jade
Diamond
Bort
Euclase
Yelow Diamond
Zircon
Alexandrite
Antarcticite
Padparadscha
Ghost Quartz
Lapiz Lazuli
Morganite
Goshenite
Phos, but with hosed Up Legs
Phos, but with hosed Up Everything
Obsidian?
Did I already list Yellow Diamond
The Left Amethyst
The Right Amethyst
Sensei
Shiro
View Results

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Just how long exactly did Sensei wander the empty earth before finding the firstborn gems? I feel like 'evolution of an entire new kind of life' probably took a while. Did the Lunarians know he was down there the whole time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I think Sensei really honestly tried to pray right there but couldn't. He's broken, not unwilling.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

I think we should celebrate Phos this chapter! After all this time, they finally found a meaningful job that only Cinnbar can do: Cinnabar can protect their family from Phos.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Adventures in gemstones and tears continue.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/469744/1

Yellow Diamond. :(

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

There's such an obvious solution to this that I'm not sure why it's not being brought up. The admirabalis have finite lifespans. Nobody else in the genocide conversation does. Resurrecting the gems would just be delayed a generation.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Are they performing the most metal fusion dance imaginable? Will Cinnabar be Phos's missing piece?

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Holy poo poo, my genderless sibling in Buddha, leave some suffering for the rest of us.

Poor Phos. Even Homura would have thrown in the towel by now.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Unfortunately, what drew me to the series was the relationships between the gems. I get that the author lost interest in that community, but the loss of the supporting cast really dropped my enthusiasm. I think the second half of the comic might have worked better as a ( much much shorter ) light novel.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

All true and likely intentional! It's also just not particularly fun.

I was hoping for a payoff for Diamond's insecurity, for Cinnabar's keening isolation, for Rutile's obsession with reviving Padparadscha, etc. The series started with a wide engaging cast full of bubbly noise and quiet pathos, and now? Now it feels like even the author is exhausted with the work. Pray for me, author

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Look, if Phos doesn't save a cat in the first act, how am I supposed to know they're the good guy? Next you'll be telling me they don't Resist the Call or Avenge The Mentor!

mycot posted:

White Diamond realized their happiness could only be secured with the destruction of Black Diamond.
Cinnabar was finally accepted by the other gems. The scene where Red Beryl presents them with a customized pod so that they can hiberate with the rest of the gems seems like a quick joke, but to me it signifies that Cinnabar's problem could have basically been solved at any time if anyone put in a little bit of focused effort, it's just that nobody bothered because gems are kinda assholes like that.
Rutile basically goes insane, cradling Pad's missing piece but never using it. I was never quite sure what to make of this. Is Pad ruined in Rutile's eyes because they weren't the one to fix them?
Thanks, I had in fact forgotten most of that. It does feel weird that moon life undoes a lot of their character growth, but you're right that there was a payoff. I'll have to do a re-read once the whole thing is finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

Thanks for the post! That does help clarify some things.