Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Gem
Phos
Rutile
Red Beryl
Cinnabar
Jade
Diamond
Bort
Euclase
Yelow Diamond
Zircon
Alexandrite
Antarcticite
Padparadscha
Ghost Quartz
Lapiz Lazuli
Morganite
Goshenite
Phos, but with hosed Up Legs
Phos, but with hosed Up Everything
Obsidian?
Did I already list Yellow Diamond
The Left Amethyst
The Right Amethyst
Sensei
Shiro
View Results

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

trucutru posted:

Since the humans apparently survived six extra extintion-level events before finally going kaput, the story is probably set way after they discovered how to tame the sun, so it's hard sci-fi.

It's pretty clear that he just wanted them to look like humans, who don't usually wander around without eyes.

Sensei is a great character but boy, does he have issues do to his nature.

The first 5 predate humans. The fifth one wiped out the dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

EagerSleeper posted:

I've binge read all the available chapters, and I'm just standing here after everything like... :pwn:

I like Cicada. I hope he isn't evil.

I wonder why Sensei isn't doing prayers anymore. Is it merely a fault in the programming, or is it a conscious decision? Sensei pls.

My opinion is that he still prays and it just doesn't work on principle.
After all he said he's tired of praying.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Eopia posted:

Well he was able to send the dog and that one other lunarian on their way, but they were ones he had personal connections to if I'm not misremembering things. So at a guess, it's a tad bit more complicated than them just needing generic prayer.

I don't think he had any role in making them move on except being there for them.
The lunarians hanging out on the moon and repeating the same daily life won't make them move on.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

coolusername posted:

"They" and "Them" or just using their names is perfectly comprehensible in my opinion. Defaulting to masculine ruins a lot of the author's intentional gemder ambiguity.

Using male pronouns is fine because of Japanese's gender ambiguity and the character's Bishonen roots. It's clear from the story that the gems don't have genders and I believe the gems use neutral to male speech patterns in the original. Kongou is also clearly male designed and they might have just copied his way of talking. If he talked in a female way, they might do so, too.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

somepartsareme posted:

That would still involve stopping the ones that are currently alive from breeding and/or eating

Venuz Patrol posted:

it seemed to be implied by the scientist that the inclusions get passed down along generational lines, so even if they waited and harvested old shells as they died they wouldn't get all the material they need

Anything related to breeding was just about some variations not having detachable shells. Having to kill them all is a lie, both in that there are still some that do have detachable shells and that you can just wait for the other ones to die naturally to extract the rest.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

The name of the next chapter is literally “End”.

It's literally the end of this chapter, not the title of the next one.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Blackfish posted:

I just realized what Phos looks like now, the Flatwoods Monster. The Phoswoods Monster.

Was just about to write that :argh:
Anybody knows about the buddistic relevance of philodendron leaves?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

It would be amazing if the series ended on the 108th chapter.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

goblin week posted:

For ten thousand years!!!

Sounds about right for 2020 to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

I just realized I'm completely out of the loop. The last chapter I read was something like "200 years after Phos was smashed by Bort and her pieces spread over the whole planet. Kongo had collected her and she begs him to please pray and then it ended.

Where is that in mangadex chapters?

Chapter 79, "Two Hundred Twenty Years"

Surprise!