Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Gem
Phos
Rutile
Red Beryl
Cinnabar
Jade
Diamond
Bort
Euclase
Yelow Diamond
Zircon
Alexandrite
Antarcticite
Padparadscha
Ghost Quartz
Lapiz Lazuli
Morganite
Goshenite
Phos, but with hosed Up Legs
Phos, but with hosed Up Everything
Obsidian?
Did I already list Yellow Diamond
The Left Amethyst
The Right Amethyst
Sensei
Shiro
View Results

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Is it really that ambiguous when the anime just makes them all cute girls anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
yeah but typically it only happens to Phos

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Xun posted:

Welp everything sucks for Phos I guess!

that's basically the manga's alternate title

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rodyle posted:

Bort nothing, the thing I'm interested in is the part where LAPIS being restored is a possibility and uh, what're we doing with Phos' whole situation then?

e: I guess the moon crew could just restore lapis shorter than before

From the sounds of things it's gonna take years and years, decades, possibly centuries to get the gems back.

I mean, they were literally ground up into moondust. Never mind putting them back together, just getting all the grains needed for one gem is gonna take forever and a half.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Chapter 69 is out

Nice

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
what a ride

first page: Ha! that idiot

final page: gently caress. THAT IDIOT.

Yak of Wrath posted:

It isn't exactly clear but I believe Phos has recovered from the toss and is running back towards Pad and Bort and gets sliced when they are back in range. But yeah it is like there is a missing page of Phos landing and seeing Pad get glomped

It's the panel after Phos is tossed that Pad gets glomped.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Pierson posted:

Yeah it's confusing and probably could have used an extra page or two:

Padparadscha goes fuckin' wild and takes out Rutile and the three other gems who had cornered Yellow Diamond. Phos and Bortz are fighting when Cinnabar leaps in and throws up a massive wall of their poison mercury:

Page 10: Cinnabar jumps in with mercury already thrown at Phos, but Padparadscha flings out a massive sword-shockwave aimed at Cinnabar to damage them and presumably changes the trajectory of the mercury.

Page 11: Cinnabar is smashed to poo poo. Phos gets stabbed in the back by Padparadscha who flings them away to safety but in return gets mercury in their hair. Bortz also gets covered in mercury but offscreen.

Page 12: Phos goes towards Padparadscha to check on them and gets blindsided by Bortz' hair-blades. We see the bisected area get coated in mercury poison.

Page 13: The result. Phos in two pieces, Bortz down, and Cinnabar limbless and smashed. Pad offscreen. Everyone just coated in splashes of the poison mercury

Then the rest of the chapter happens. This fuckin' sucks for everyone but the important thing is that Caimgorn looks great.

Pad isn't offscreen. Pad is buried under all the poison she saved Phos from. That's what the giant lump on the single page panel beside Cinnabar is, what remains of Pad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Bort losing her hair is probably the single greatest tragedy of this entire manga