Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Gem
Phos
Rutile
Red Beryl
Cinnabar
Jade
Diamond
Bort
Euclase
Yelow Diamond
Zircon
Alexandrite
Antarcticite
Padparadscha
Ghost Quartz
Lapiz Lazuli
Morganite
Goshenite
Phos, but with hosed Up Legs
Phos, but with hosed Up Everything
Obsidian?
Did I already list Yellow Diamond
The Left Amethyst
The Right Amethyst
Sensei
Shiro
View Results

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh of course that's why they do themselves up.

E: re the possibility of betrayal, I think it's way more interesting if the Lunarians are just shooting straight with Phos so of I hope it stays that way

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I really hate that the manga scans gender the gems, it's such a lovely and also almost totally arbitrary thing

bleh

and yeah a lot of the dialogue here was kind of hard to parse, especially Adam's

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah that's pretty much what I came to post word for word

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean it could very easily be both genuine parental affection AND prayer machine affection power.

I think it makes more sense for Princey to be playing things straight.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Bort nothing, the thing I'm interested in is the part where LAPIS being restored is a possibility and uh, what're we doing with Phos' whole situation then?

e: I guess the moon crew could just restore lapis shorter than before

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

this was a total visual mess

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well those conditions are worse than I thought

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well that's unsettling

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's very important to pass the time meaningfully

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Boy howdy kids, your old pal phospholite has gotten themselves in one doozy of a pickle

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/Remilia_vee/status/1132487962506063872?s=19

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

New chapter and I could barely make out what was happening in half the pages in it

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

OMG dia you fuckin nerd

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

All Phos wanted was to make an encyclopedia.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So hold on Phos SHOULDN'T be the only one left on Earth, because there's still the SEA population of slugs right?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

tbh this manga has gotten really dull

It's very dramatically unsatisfying and like, not in a Oh It's a Tragedy way, but rather in that all the actual character work kind of just gets thrown out the window eventually. You can't even say it's about character work for Phos really, because what we're dealing with is basically unrecognizable as Phos in any sense.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Mulva posted:

The story is fundamentally Buddhist, and sentient life is suffering. Literally and explicitly. Duḥkha and taṇhā, lets go with suffering and attachment, are the cornerstones of Buddhist thought. .
This started as a narrative with story and characters. When you throw out the story and characters and try to hang everything on a (not very good) treatise on Buddhist metaphysics, it's not a narrative anymore.

Additionally, the gems are genderless.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 28, 2022

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

kittenchops posted:

I legitimately have no clue where this story could go. I feel like all of the conflicts in the story have resolved. I'm not rooting for any character to do anything. Things are just kind of happening at this point. Or the story got like this several chapters ago rather.

This manga should have ended several volumes ago. We're at To Your Eternity levels of overstaying its welcome.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's the arc after that where things go totally south

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

When you don't like the direction, it's perfectly normal to characterize it as a mistake. You think it was a bad direction.

Which, in this case, it was. This series used to have very strong character writing, good pacing, and interesting plot beats. It stopped having pretty much all of those things.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 26, 2024