Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Gem
Phos
Rutile
Red Beryl
Cinnabar
Jade
Diamond
Bort
Euclase
Yelow Diamond
Zircon
Alexandrite
Antarcticite
Padparadscha
Ghost Quartz
Lapiz Lazuli
Morganite
Goshenite
Phos, but with hosed Up Legs
Phos, but with hosed Up Everything
Obsidian?
Did I already list Yellow Diamond
The Left Amethyst
The Right Amethyst
Sensei
Shiro
View Results

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
It also has big implications for Phos if they ever get uhh.. self-conflicted.

Edit: If thine eye offends thee...

Yak of Wrath fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
If they've spent millenia putting gems back together it stands to reason that Rutile would be the most effective in taking them apart. I also speculate that Cinnabar may have a role soon as they can either turn the tide or shut down a fight, because going against them is risking mutually assured destruction.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

witchcore ricepunk posted:

The body language between Cairngorm and Aechmea is SO interesting!
Sorry

Not Sorry

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
https://mangadex.org/chapter/415112/1

Curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal! But I suppose Cairngorm does have a reason not to want Sensei "fixed"

Yak of Wrath fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jul 25, 2018

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Sindai posted:

I'm so confused. Pad shatters Cinnabar and tosses Phos out of the way of her mercury but...into Bort's hair? But in the panel before that Bort is clearly in the other direction??

It isn't exactly clear but I believe Phos has recovered from the toss and is running back towards Pad and Bort and gets sliced when they are back in range. But yeah it is like there is a missing page of Phos landing and seeing Pad get glomped

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Torquemadras posted:

Nah, I don't think it is...

We just don't know absolutely anything about Padparadscha. And their whole behaviour in this chapter just made them only more confusing.

Why did they just outright massacre gems all over the place, including Rutile? But they went to extreme lengths to keep Phos safe. Are they just that incredibly coldblooded? Did that have anything to do with Achmea? What the hell does she know???

No idea why any of this happened, but oh boy. Maybe this is all just Achmea deciding he's gonna keep live gems around as hostages this time, now that he's got multiple ones who coexist, and he only just wanted to use the raid to get more hostages... without telling Phos, naturally.

Pad's behaviour is less confusing if you remember that from their perspective they didn't massacre anyone, just quickly and decisively incapacitated some Earth gems that they possibly don't even know that well due to a history of being largely comotose

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
New Chapter

https://mangadex.org/chapter/437811/1

Phos got played like a sucker, I'm pretty sure this is going to be a considerable blow to what little they have left. Poor Yellow though, all they wanted was to see their old friends and everyone on the moon is batshit bonkers

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
For all that Phos has been furious dumbassing/PTSDing with no plan, going to the Moon kinda achieved at least part of their goals, though they don't know it.

Adamant has changed the most they ever have possibly since first creating the gems, becoming as open as they can about being a flawed being and becoming someone to be protected rather than a protector.

I wonder if Cairngorm is going to take a new name, maybe Shade on account of how much they are throwing.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Yeah, I wonder how his May-December mid-existence crisis thing is gonna jive with the whole seeking oblivion thing.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
It would have been great if Bort had taken a good long look at one of their arms and went "I think... there's a way to keep my hair" and justified it as more tactically advantageous, and also muttered something about jellyfish.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
ahem, Phos is everyone's favourite gem (I hope) and an inspiration to us all, I quote the leaked speech from the next chapter

"Now that Adamant collusion, after one week of intense study, has proven to be a total hoax on my fellow gems, Prince Aechmea and their lapdog, the Fake Antarc Cairngorm, are taking out the old Crazy Phos playbook and screaming mental stability and intelligence..... Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Aechmea also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, failed to fix Sensei. I went from VERY cute gem, to top fighter..... to Envoy to the Lunarians (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

edit:

Yak of Wrath fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Sep 4, 2018

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Pollyanna posted:

Man, Aechmea and Cairngorm are gross.

An eternal spirit being having the equivalent to a mid-life crisis and Cairn is a young being getting experimental with their identity.

And Ichikawa depicts it perfectly with ostentatious fashion, possibly a film???, sunglasses (should have been shutter shades) and and a moon jet ski thing.

Thanks, I hate/love it!

At the Beach of Beginnings or whatever it is called there are unalive half formed gems, and what bits and bobs that for Rutile repairs, could they be used to phase out the Gems from the Admirablis and replace with non sentient materials they were able to extract Phos from the "King" without killing her, but that was a very recent integration and likely a much different case

Yak of Wrath fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Nov 30, 2018

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
It would be interesting to get other gem opinions on snail genocide. Phos is the only one interaction with them as sentient and communicative beings. To the others they are just weird animals who apparently eat them.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
This chapter made me think back to the legend that Phos originally heard from Ventricosus.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
New Chapter!
Well Phos managed to get Adamant to boot up at least, progress!

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Bort's still cool look at how creative they were with their hair!

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Speaking of cool, I noticed Rutile during my reread and they have definitely lost theirs completely, that is not a face Phos wants to wake up to next chapter.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

boredsatellite posted:

Wasn't rutile face shown in page 7? at the bottom middle panel. That's who I assumed it was

Yeah it was, and they are looking quite unhinged, and not who I'd want in charge of putting Humpty Dumpty back together again.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

boredsatellite posted:

Yeah Phos represents change, though through suffering.

The moon gems are interesting, they definitely changed and adapted to the Lunarian lifestyle (far better than I expected) but it still fucks me up that they don't give a poo poo about restoring the broken gems. Do it for Yellow's sake goddamn.

The gems who went to the moon didn't do it because they believed in Phos' cause, but because Phos promised them fulfillment on the Moon. Those that adapted were those who got what they wanted.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Snooze Cruise posted:

New chapter

Uh i know this of course is no where close to the biggest reveal/development in this chapter, but lmao
idol

Uh clearly the big development is Xtreme Sk8r Gemz

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Good times all round in the new chapter next chapter might be a slasher episode with Monster-Phos stalking the moon for victims given that weird nightmare

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Bring it in Guys!
It's Gemmaster Adamant's Birthday Bash! Every Gem from the Earth and Moon come in with everything for a HUGE Party

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
New chapter drat Bort knows how to bring the pain

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Cackling as you step over the remains of your siblings, big villain energy you got going Phos

Happy new page, have a picture

Yak of Wrath fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 24, 2020

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
New Chapter
I guess Cairngorm will be moon-googling "how is babby formed?" soon. I get the feeling that a child (baby Antarc???) is what is going to get Cairngorm to leave Aechmea. I think Cairngorm would do their absolute best to parent, and not see the kid as a disposable tool to bring about the end of all sentient life though, maybe that will be the single red flag among thousands that Cairngorm will notice

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I've been seeing predictions that Cinnabar mercury will disolve Phos' arms, but those arms aren't pure gold.
The platinum component won't form an amalgam, so they might still more than enough metal left for crime against gems.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
New Chapter
Phos is looking a little tired

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Looks like Adamant finally found the perfect job for Phos his own Ganbatte!

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
There's an aillustrator who's done a bunch of really cool HnK AMV's who goes by Pirika

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OThaIJRa31A

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
I find it hard to hate the other gems, because Aechmea's plan of alienating the others from Phos has been such an overwhelming success to the point that Phos' existence has been little more than a weird/terrifying couple of days every few centuries to the other gems.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Kodansha released an ad for the latest volume so you can hear Tomoyo Kurosawa's take on vengeance Phos!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG7CJ188b70

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1dTBcvDHFQ
Pirika a fan animator who regularly releases AMVs as the story updates has just dropped another!