Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Gem
Phos
Rutile
Red Beryl
Cinnabar
Jade
Diamond
Bort
Euclase
Yelow Diamond
Zircon
Alexandrite
Antarcticite
Padparadscha
Ghost Quartz
Lapiz Lazuli
Morganite
Goshenite
Phos, but with hosed Up Legs
Phos, but with hosed Up Everything
Obsidian?
Did I already list Yellow Diamond
The Left Amethyst
The Right Amethyst
Sensei
Shiro
View Results

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

It's also going on hiatus for a while :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sindai posted:

Finally, after ten thousand years...

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Feliday Melody posted:

I didn't even know what a tournament arc was until about half a year ago. Now I'm looking back at all kinds of shows. And the main question is, "why?"

They exist in all kinds of shows where tournaments are just completely unrelated to the story. They just show up out of nowhere.

It's an easy narrative device to get characters to fight each other, especially if they normally wouldn't, and in many cases there are rules such as it being a non-lethal tournament so the characters don't just kill each other off.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm fine with the current developments, I think people were just expecting more lose ends to be tied off before getting to this point, but that's kind of how life works, not everything is going to be resolved neatly, and you aren't going to experience every bit of it. Plus it's building on the Buddhist themes set up from the start of the manga.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Ch 102 is out btw

https://mangadex.org/chapter/64bd3492-bda3-43cb-bea2-10e8ec091e06

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Sindai posted:

I'm glad Phos and their rock friends got to hang out telling stories and feeling good vibes for billions of years.

Surely the final chapter is going to be 108, right? It's gotta be.

Either 108 or 109 if we are doing a subversive thing

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kittenchops posted:

is that the last original piece of Phos??? madness! this manga is so wild, I can't imagine it continuing from here what with Earth being obliterated and all. But I didn't see a big "end" text so I guess there will be another chapter? Safe travels, space rocks.

this was ch 105. It's almost assuredly going to end on ch 108 due to it's Buddhist themes (unless it does something subversive and therefore goes past 108)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I realize ch 106 never got posted here

https://mangadex.org/chapter/8b70bdc9-4a31-49ac-83e6-09f7ab714df3

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ccs posted:

Wait so it’s gonna reach 107 chapters and not the meaningful 108?

To be fair, there's probably a thematical statement to be made about how it just fell short of reaching 108 given how the last chapter ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ccs posted:

Im curious to read people's retrospective thoughts on the whole series once the final chapter comes out. Since I read most of the manga after the anime came out and then took a long break before picking it up again, I don't really have the full idea of what the plot is in my mind, but the overall impression that it lost the plot.

once the last chapter comes out i'm just gonna reread the whole series from the start yeah. The constant hiatuses really killed the pacing.