Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Gem
Phos
Rutile
Red Beryl
Cinnabar
Jade
Diamond
Bort
Euclase
Yelow Diamond
Zircon
Alexandrite
Antarcticite
Padparadscha
Ghost Quartz
Lapiz Lazuli
Morganite
Goshenite
Phos, but with hosed Up Legs
Phos, but with hosed Up Everything
Obsidian?
Did I already list Yellow Diamond
The Left Amethyst
The Right Amethyst
Sensei
Shiro
View Results

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waci posted:

Vacuum cleaners, man.

I believe vacuum cleaners don't exactly work in a vacuum. What they need is a giant lint roller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I did not expect that outfit

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So we have another time skip for these nigh immortal beings

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The gems on Earth are bascially fighting for a perpetual status quo where nothing really ever changes or progresses forever. Achmea is pushing for oblivion. A change in the status quo. Phos and the gems that went with them, ultimately were not satisfied with the status quo as it was on Earth and left to change with Phos basically being the epicenter of that drive to change. The remaining gems on Earth largely can't see an existence all that different than what they were doing before and can't envision a future all that different either. Anything that's upset that vision is viewed as anathema, justifiably or unjustifiably so. Phos, otoh, merely seeks to upset the quo and make things change (for the universal better under their assumption), because they see that as a good thing. Neither are necessarily wrong, imo.

Phos did nothing/everything wrong and that's okay. The path to enlightenment is built upon the greatest suffering and the one who's suffered most is Phos.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I definitely want that scene to be animated. Just imaging all of the color and lights from Dia's side in contrast with Bort's dark monochrome.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

OMG dia you fuckin nerd

Please don't be rude to Phos. They're trying.

Edit: read that as die

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
:bignews:

New chapter.
Ch. 89 - Enma

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New chapter - Ch. 91 Jade

The reign of terror continues.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

Naturally. It's going to take months of research to develop ways for Phos to suffer more.

I definitely think the author is plotting the ending at this point and the hiatus is figuring out how to do it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYmSS7jrQuc

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I sorta expect the manga to end at chapter 108 given how important that number is in regards to Buddhism and reincarnation so presumably the hiatus is the planning to get to and finish that number. And hopefully, once that's all sorted out, an S2 will be made to promote it and we can finally see our beloved Phos again and their suffering

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch-WGRKNdgw

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Ccs posted:

The manga isn’t crazy with detail but it is exceptionally well designed. This video essay really demonstrates just what a master the author is at composition:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZR9yFa7Bx8

Since Miura’s death, Houseki is now the number one manga I want to see completed that still has a good chance of finishing.

Their hiatus hasn't been that long at least

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The whole story seems to be leading to a metaphor on enlightenment and Phos's whole journey is part of the suffering that is part of existence. Once that is overcome, they will find enlightenment (whatever form that takes in this series). The story is heavy in it themes of Buddhism including in the materials that Phos becomes composed of being the same as the Seven Treasures/Saptaratna/shichi-ho/Qibao

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
That's true for most figures though.

On regards to the hiatus, I'm sure the author is trying to figure out how to finish things up for chapter 108 because of how special that number is

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
We have transcended suffering into the land of dreams.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Let us pray
we're entering the home stretch.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

I kinda want a spin-off of the rocks doing rock things.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Here Comes the Sun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQetemT1sWc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
One of the big themes over the whole story is change. Gem "society" was basically stagnant for millenia. New geeks are added every so often and some are taken away, but nothing ever gets resolved. Phos's actions are what starts to shift everything and eventually allow everyone to begin to move on and change. First, to reach the moon, a paradise of sorts, but not true enlightenment. Then to oblivion, which is fundamentally enlightenment

https://twitter.com/keroswikee/status/1772119829975351734