Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Gem
Phos
Rutile
Red Beryl
Cinnabar
Jade
Diamond
Bort
Euclase
Yelow Diamond
Zircon
Alexandrite
Antarcticite
Padparadscha
Ghost Quartz
Lapiz Lazuli
Morganite
Goshenite
Phos, but with hosed Up Legs
Phos, but with hosed Up Everything
Obsidian?
Did I already list Yellow Diamond
The Left Amethyst
The Right Amethyst
Sensei
Shiro
View Results

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I feel so bad for Yellow Diamond,but at least she has her old partners with her. Bort still caring about jellyfishes is cute too, but other than them, I kinda hate all the other gems.

I wonder if that is intentional, if we're supposed to root for Phos to get revenge, when the true solution would be for them to reach enlightenment and stop caring about the lunarians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
On regards to the newest chapter, at least they have someonethey can talk to now , Rock-san seems like a nice person.

Feliday Melody posted:

I think it's been down hill ever since Phos went to the moon. Before that, the series implied a very fun and interesting story that just never materialized. Of gems just hanging around and having adventures on the surface. Maybe Phos getting closer to Cinnabar etc.

Reading it and watching the anime. In my mind, I developed fragments of where I thought the story might be going and how fun and interesting it would be. 50 or so chapters on the moon later. It all kind of died.

I can't express is well, but I really mourn for the story that I thought I was getting early on.

This is how I feel too. I really think not having a sea snail arc was a mistake, Phos interacting with creatures that could die of natural causes would've been good for them.

It also feels like the manga just throws all the other characters out of the window, and all the time that we spent with them feels wasted. I wanted to see more of Bort's and Dia weird relationship (Bort choosing breeding jellyfish over fighting was a good thing! Show me more of that); Rutile either get over Pads or just going all in on curing them;I wanted Yellow Dia to be happy, and just more of Benito in general.

To compound on all of that, the art just got lazier.Especially on the moon, there was so much sameface I couldn't tell almost any of the gems apart.Everything became flat blacks and white, and there was very little of the cool/other-worldly designs/shots that existed early.

Scallop Eyes fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Nov 25, 2022

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Maybe Phos wants to just be a rock now too

The art was pretty nice this chapter.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Chapter 101

Hapiness can never last long for Phos huh

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I love the rocks so much, I hope they live happily for a long rear end time.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I'm happy the rocks at least get to keep hanging out

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I also didn't much like the series after all the gems went to the moon, but the little rock friends at the end almost redeemed that entire part, they're just so nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
I really liked the chill rock bros, best part of the manga in a long time. Goodbye Phos at least now you're happy