Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
In the original ballads Robin Hood is less stealing from the rich and giving to the poor, but stealing from the everybody except making a few exceptions for poorer people and giving it to his friends.

Also there is the time they need to break Robin Hood out of jail and the gang disguises themselves as like the king's messengers and manage to sneak in. But then like, kill the guards anyway for some reason. Everyone is a lot more amoral in general.

Also Richard isn't even the King.

There are some good episodes of Our Fake History about this, I recommend them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ruddiger posted:

American Animals - American crime caper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuTuKLE3tZ0

I seen this one at True/False, it was pretty decent. Its done by the guy who did the Imposter documentary. It does some neat stuff combing the documentary segments with the drama segments.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Eh! Frank posted:

Yeah, animated characters being able to express a wider range of emotions is proof that the Pokémon Movie is superior to Godfather and every other realsie movie.

Hi, when you are at a social get together and there is that moment where you say something and the whole conversation has just turns into a dead zone, I just want to say that is, and always is in your case, on you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

wow can't wait for the we are siamese remix

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
NRS Fighting games

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Bebop is less cool Lupin

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i thought this lean a bit too heavily on just saying the word "weird" but the shirt gag with the father is inspired so i forgive it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i have lost my mind

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the movie looks like crap but its gross people are using it as an excuse to post with no restriction the same exact language people used to minimized any sort of sexual assault

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Oct 17, 2019

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
What the gently caress is wrong with you people?
Like jesus, I do feel like from what I seen from the trailer that the portrayal of this, feels uncomfortable, but that isn't an excuse to start using every cliche in the "douche's guide to minimizing sexual violence" playbook

Like, there are reasons to believe this movie is not handling this the best way it could, that isn't an excuse to start joking about this like a jock on campus with a recent news story about an assault that happened.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 17, 2019

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

feedmyleg posted:

Nobody is okay with them being sexually harassed/assaulted, they're just saying just because they were it doesn't suddenly make them sympathetic figures.

And the best way to do that is with crass jokes made around sexual assault, huh?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
How hard is it to say "this women are just kinda lovely people, I hope the movie also address that as well" instead of loving bullshit like this:

Ariza posted:

Even if they're just scared little ladies

Or like this

kanonvandekempen posted:

that they were willing to suck an old man's cock to get there

Or people doing this

Peanut President posted:

that's really hosed up dude

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 17, 2019

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

feedmyleg posted:

The Last Jedi: The real problem in the galaxy is the economic power structures behind war, the capitalists who lack empathy and treat the common people like numbers and slaves to get wealthier and manipulate the politicians into perpetuating an unending conflict where the proletariat kill each other and force individuals to rise up in order to try and change a broken system again and again
The Rise of Skywalker: jk the real problem is the guy who died a couple of films ago

i mean theoretically they could still work him into those themes, but like, i highly doubt that will be the case considering.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Can't believe Johnson Mandela has got us again

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there are no good ghostbusters movies... only a good video game... hehe he he he

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't understand how this movie got made, how are we suppose to know that John Krasinski is such a good dad? Are we suppose to be constantly reminding ourselves at all points in the film, "this movie could had only happen because John Krasinski is such a good dad"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
of all the versions of the green knight i have read, this post is my least favorite

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Maybe he becomes lawyer at end

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it was fine enough, for sure not the best adaptation. its a bizarre watch in that it feels like a early 00s adventure movie. i had fun with it imo.
loling at the song choice in this trailer

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 19, 2020

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hbo max trying to defeat defunctland with chris gethard

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

lmao the song choice

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

rawillkill posted:

what's wrong with it? it's a nice nod towards jodorowsky's dune

Nothing wrong with it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ugh i would've loved to see that if it wasn't for this

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
When I saw Burning at the local indie theater here after the film they had a university professor from Korea go into detail in laying out political aspects we didn't had the context for. It was nice to enjoy the movie and then get that extra layer immediately afterwards.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

God Hole posted:

i loved burning. would it be too much to ask for a quick and dirty summary of what the professor discussed?

I don't have a good memory so I am probably forgetting any detailed stuff, but gave us an overview of the workers right activists who protested through self immolation that the paintings in the film were referring to, the context and history of the building that was masturbated to and etc. I wish I could remember it better because he lay out things really well.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hand Knit posted:

Steve Yeun's last three movies before this are Okja, Sorry to Bother You, and Burning.

got he has been killing it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i hated every moore thing i ever read besides whatever happened to the man of tomorrow so my vote is that

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah they would be bad people

only type of movie theaters people should be going to is drive thru, except maybe not that because global warming... drat... you can't win in this world... sob

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Nov 19, 2020

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im dying from the music switch

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
To you they were just 101 of Dalmatians, but to me they were always 101 damnations - threatening to drag me to hell

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Collateral posted:

My children refuse to even watch Goonies. :(

Good, its bad

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Vintersorg posted:

No original Monstars? Weak.

i mean they're 100% going to show up at the end as a third act twist to save the day or something

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wait why the gently caress are the clockwork orange guys there

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
really outside of the droogs being there i am most annoyed they did the 3d stuff with bugs and gang

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think that is the actual jake paul in the movie for a few seconds

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there are so many comic book writers i despise and they keep on giving them adapations. why can't they do stuff for the ones i like.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Im someone who thought it was funnier then the original but a way worse movie. im measuring funnier by the fact i like outloud 4 times instead of like, once.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Wait is that Tig??

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I want a series of movies with the Warrens as villians instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
my friend was very embrassed when i tried starting to get the 5 other people in the theater with us to clap with me at the end of Creed