Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Suspiria remake trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3jJHxKj3zM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The creation of an Unbreakable “cinematic universe” after all these years is such a trip lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ammanas posted:

Every new cast reveal made me want to see it less. Vera Farmiga, Stranger Things Girl, Silicon Valley Guy, Friday Night Lights Coach? Ugh

How can you dislike Vera Farmiga?

Related question: have you watched Bates Motel?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m sad that Tom Hardy is going to be in such a terrible movie.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LesterGroans posted:

The new film from Jeremy Saulnier, director of Blue Ruin and Green Room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvgH47Ek54M

I was hoping all his movies would have colors in the title.

I’m sure this will be awesome. Blue Ruin and Green Room were both awesome.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m not sure about the CGI predators :chloe:

Like I get that if you’re gonna make one that is hilariously large then CGI is the way to go, but I’m always gonna feel more threatened by a humanoid creature that is physically in the scene.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't even care what this is about. I want more of it in my eyeballs now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A24, Robert Pattinson, Mia Goth, space. I'm in.

It's like they made pulled this right out of my subconscious.

edit: whoa that's Andre3000?

Ehud fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 16, 2019

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The tone of this is completely bizarre.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I agree with you guys who are saying they're going for the "Ted Bundy was a charmer" route. I just don't think the trailer is particularly successful. I think the biggest problem is that the music is terrible. It sounds like the soundtrack that should play during a movie about a zany heist.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

DC Murderverse posted:

If you aren’t familiar with the script, it’s written from the perspective of his girlfriend to the point where the script has a “gimmick” of not revealing who her boyfriend really is until the end. It’s basically the story of a woman whose wonderful, handsome, kind significant other is accused of these terrible things and he’s willing to do whatever it takes to clear his name while she has to grapple with whether or not he did them. But then actually it’s Ted Buddy so he hella did those things because he is a psychopath.

Obviously, if you want to market the movie as “Zac Efron Is Ted Bundy”, that doesn’t fly, so they’re taking the basics of that (primarily focusing on his relationship/repeated attempts to talk his way out of punishment) but not even pretending to keep it secret. But Bundy, especially in this script, is a really charming guy and the movie is gonna try to convince you (through his girlfriend) that there’s no way he did it and it’s all a huge misunderstanding (and then pulling the rug out from under you when it goes into the brutal detail of how he did it)

I trust the dude who helped make Paradise Lost to know how to frame the media in the midst of a flashy serial killer trial, and that’s going to be a big part of it.

I should really read that script again, it’s a great read and now I’m kinda curious if I can spot how much of it is still in there.

edit: honestly they probably could have cut a trailer about a man held for a crime he repeatedly swears he didn’t do and the stress it puts on his family which would be closer to the actual content of the film but then you don’t make any money because people are almost just looking at a Lifetime movie with a flashy cast. Just cut the little shots of him actually committing violence and add a shot of him talking to the police explaining all of the incredibly incriminating things in his car.

But again, then you don’t get to put the words that are gonna bring all the people out to actually see it: “serial killer” and “Ted Bundy”

This all sounds cool and pretty much impossible to make a good trailer for, so I'll hold out some hope.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hHECMVOq7g

lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ariza posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfWGDAPzLQE

A trailer for Lucy in the Sky, feature film debut for Noah Hawley (Fargo & Legion). Looks like it's going to be a nutso movie, which fits in with all of his work with Legion. I hated Natalie Portman's hair, but it's growing on me now.

Awesome. I'm in.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hope Joker is good. If nothing else that's a very well made trailer.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joan Cusack is great in that movie.

Her delivery of, “I was 10 and do you know what they got me? Malibu Barbie” is etched into my brain.

lol here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WlB-8YXj-A

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Chucky trailer is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ABetf4oVao

While we only here two words, Hamil sounds great as Chucky. Looks like it is going to be gory too.

lol this looks so stupid

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Retrowave Joe posted:

The new Terminator: Dark Fate trailer is up. I’m excited to see Mackenzie Davis, Linda Hamilton, and Arnold. Other than that, eh.

holy crap I think this looks terrible

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Took a look at that list of A24 movies and realized that most of the only decent films I've seen in the past three or so years were on that list.

What do they have coming out soon that has some positive buzz?

The Lighthouse will come out at some point this year. It is the second movie from Robert Eggers (The Witch). It debuted at Cannes recently and everyone loved it.

More info: https://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews/3564819/cannes-review-lighthouse-nightmare-sea/

quote:

Fans of Robert Eggers’s 2015 horror folklore flick The Witch will be delighted to know that he has managed to pull off a second feat in nightmarish world-building with his sophomore film, The Lighthouse. Much like how he immersed audiences into the depths of the forests of 17th-century New England four years prior, this time he leaves viewers to their own devices on a secluded island in the year 1890, populated only by the film’s two subjects, Ephraim Winslow and Thomas Wake (played by Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe, respectively.)

Rooted in a script brimming with old-fashioned nautical dialect (co-written by Robert’s brother, Max) and shot completely in black-and-white, Eggers triumphs in creating a horror film that doesn’t look or sound like any other contemporary film of the genre yet doesn’t sacrifice any of the scares in the process. If you were impressed by the authenticity of the dialogue and set design of his first film, you will be delighted by his second effort.

The Lighthouse turns its titular structure, an obscure building that many are aware of, but few know about, and turns it into a character of its own. As modern technology has rendered the practice of lighthouse-keeping into near extinction, Eggers provides his audience with a glimpse into this often-forgotten occupation and the potential physical and mental toll such a job could take on a person in charge of it.

The role of a lighthouse keeper has been described as “a mechanic, construction worker, and sailor all rolled into one,” and the character of Winslow exemplifies this with aplomb. As second-in-command to Wake, who takes great pride in tending to the lighthouse beam all by himself, Winslow must tend to every possible chore imaginable, from hauling enormous gas tanks up multiple flights of stairs to ensuring that the water supply remains clean. This dictator/serf relationship between the two sole characters is the film’s focal point, which soon unravels as food runs low and the booze begins to flow.

Of course, you can’t have a film centered on men at sea without a sprinkling of marine superstition and sea mythology, and it is from these categories that the movie draws some of its most frightening elements. The writers drew their inspiration from the works of Herman Melville and H.P. Lovecraft, and this becomes more and more apparent as the story progresses. The more psychological elements of the film were inspired by the real-life events that took place at the Smalls Lighthouse in Wales in 1801, involving two lighthouse keepers who were stranded at the location.

Whereas The Witch favored leaving more of the supernatural elements up to the viewers’ imaginations, The Lighthouse presents a montage of gothic-horror imagery coupled with a growing sense of cabin fever and isolation, at times akin to the closed-in atmosphere of Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining. The film’s tiny aspect ratio (1.19:1, to be exact) further adds to its sense of confinement, while its haunting sound design lends it a truly nightmare-like feel. This is certainly a film that will stick around in people’s heads for a long, long time.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

You know who made good movies?

Stanley Kubrick.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I just see Tom Hanks in that trailer. I dunno if that would fade after a while watching a full movie.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am so excited about The Lighthouse.

I’ve been anticipating it for months without even seeing footage. I can’t wait.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

1917 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcmZN0Mbl04

edit: This is the WW1 movie directed by Sam Mendes (Skyfall) that is reported to be all one long shot

Ehud fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 1, 2019

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Punkin Spunkin posted:

How involved is he exactly with Better Call Saul compared to Breaking Bad?

He is heavily involved. He's co-showrunner with Pete Gould.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

if you don't want to see this you're a dork!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ammanas posted:

it might be good but i have zero desire to watch it. it looks like an odious film

yeah I like watching movies they make me feel lousy

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

you know what movie was really good? The Shining.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A second trailer for The Lighthouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42_UHhpq530

I will be shocked if this isn't my favorite movie of the year.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Vegetable posted:

it's not a good idea to get this excited about a movie imo, nothing good comes of overly high expectations

:what:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Uncut Gems trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTfJp2Ts9X8

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ahhhhhh I feel like I need to rewatch the series

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This looks depressing and good. It's interesting that Jim Gaffigan is in that role because (a) I can't imagine him in a serious movie and (b) he's had some scares with his wife IRL with brain tumors.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am interested in this movie.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This is doing something for me. I think it's the ragtag aesthetic contrasted with such an epic feeling trailer.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Firstborn posted:

I thought this Ghostbusters was the one with the original cast? The gently caress?

They will appear in it in some capacity, but the story is about Egon's family.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

New A24 horror movie, Saint Maud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXs2-TY9qok

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sure, I'll watch this on the internet!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This might be the worst trailer I've ever seen.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Oh man, this looks wacky and fun.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

thrawn527 posted:

Is pastor even a thing you vote on?

Absolutely. Voting on stuff and forming committees to find new staff members are core examples of “stupid church poo poo members love”.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

feedmyleg posted:

Was Dr. Quinn a good show? I remember being bored by it as a kid but thinking it looked well-made.

It sits right in between Walker Texas Ranger and Sliders in terms of quality.