Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
I'm trying to use mymovies from bluray.com to keep a log of my collection. Does anyone know a way to log more than one disc at a time? Doing this one at a time has not been fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Just got my Twilight Zone blu from Amazon and the case is broken. Just glanced at it in the package but can see a big chunk missing on the bottom and cracks down the spine. Looks like it will fall apart if i open and vlose it a few times.

Any idea what my best option is? Contact support? Leave a negative review with pictures? ...?

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

CPL593H posted:

Amazon's customer service is very accommodating and they'll almost certainly replace it if you tell them what happened.

Reached out to cs and they are telling me I would need to return for a refund. Then if I reorder, they'll refund the difference in cost so I'd still get the sale price. Not the prefered outcome so far...

Edit: a different rep came on and said they wouldn't match the sale price if I reorder

Homeybeef fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 12, 2018

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

Paying forward the CineD Secret Santa with my favorite movie of 2018, Sorry to Bother You: FEPB4AXTVC1RN2W1

Thanks! This is a great movie and I've been wanting to watch it again to see if there is any kind of foreshadowing to where it's going.

For something way less subtle and clever but still pretty fun, heres Teen Titans Go to the Movies: 7TN6LP7QY7LR4PB0

Homeybeef fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 25, 2018

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

Basebf555 posted:

How do UHD codes work? If I post them, should I specify that it's 4k? Does that make a difference?

From what I can tell from the few 4K movies I've redeemed on Movies Anywhere, it should give the UHD, HD and SD versions wherever available

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
The Half Price Books near me usually has a shelf full of Simpsons DVDs and even some in the clearance section for $3-4. So I decided to take a look and there was a big gap on the shelf beteewn seasons 2 and 4. First I laughed thinking someone bought all copies of season 3 to resell. Then I looked in the display case where they had 2 copies of season 3 for $50 each, both labeled "OUT OF PRINT".

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this DVD set I got for $20 over a decade ago is now one of the more valuable things on my shelf. Even if that value will drop back down in a couple weeks when everyone calms down about this whole thing.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
I wouldnt be surprised if season 3 sets without "Stark Raving Dad" end up being more rare and valuable just because theres no reason for them to make very many.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Vampires Kiss is included in Amazon's buy 2 get 1 deal. Ingot that plus Apocolypse Now 4K and shouts They Live for $43 total.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
There's a small chain of stores near me that mostly sells used movies and games. Over the past year, they've started selling new, sealed blu-rays from Arrow, Shout, VinSyn and others. Yesterday, I went there and decided to treat myself to Tammy and The T-Rex. While I was browsing, there was another guy looking over the new, sealed blu-rays and had a stack of at least 20 movies. I know the whole stack was from this section since they only put out display cases and keep the actual movies behind the counter, and it took the girl working there a few minutes to pull all of them when he went to check out. I didn't hear the exact total but it sounded like it was over $600. Is this normal behavior for a person? I know some of you will spend a lot on the sales but these were not on any kind of discount. I'm not sure if the store has a distribution agreement or if they just buy a couple copies on sale and then sell at full price, but from what I can tell, everything sells at what you would pay buying directly from the label or maybe more (if anyone knows what it went for at release, my Tammy and the T-Rex was $24.99 +tax).

Sorry if it seems like I'm overreacting. I've seen people there buy 1 or 2 at a time but never anything like this.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

Untrustable posted:

The Blu-ray cover art for Joker isn't as good as the DVD art. I'm gonna have to print a new one. I moved my whole collection the other day, and made sure to open all of them to see what's up. A lot of my Wes Anderson Criterions and Studio Gibli movies have neat little posters in them. I should open my movies more often. Also, if this is the place where I throw my Vudu and Watch Anywhere codes I have a ton to drop.

You can post the codes here or in the blu-ray or digital movie threads in Coupons & Deals.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
No Buster Scruggs? Bullshit

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

The 4K Steelbook deals at BestBuy.com just went a little nutso. I got the Iron Man movies for $9.99 each.

Same. I was just going to get the first one but then realized I'd have 1 and 3 but not 2. So I add #2 and realized the regular blu-ray of 3 will look off next to the first two, and I'd want the digital copies of all of them. So here we are.

Side note, Iron Man 3 is now the first time I've ever upgraded from a blu-ray to a 4k disc.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but goons here seem to know their TV’s and TV accessories.

I’m looking to get a 55 in. 4k TV soon but I need a new TV stand first. What would be the recommendation for size? One I’m looking at is 49 ⅝ wide by 18 ½ deep, which sounds like enough based on what I’m seeing but the description says it’s only for a 50” TV. Any thoughts or suggestions? I’m trying to not spend too much on this so I can put more into getting a decent TV and possibly a 4K player. Thanks!

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Oh I have absolutely nothing against IKEA furniture. I like browsing that store on non weekend days and I really enjoy putting the stuff together. It's like giant legos! If I could go to IKEA right now, I probably wouldn't even be asking here.

The problem I'm having now is it's hard for me to get a good sense of how big something really is and what it will look like based on pictures and descriptions online. I did check IKEAs website and found some that I think i like, but if I don't, returning it would become a pain in the rear end.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

feedmyleg posted:

If you want good furniture made out of real wood buy vintage. Go to garage sales or check Craigslist or go to a used furniture warehouse, depending on where you live. You generally end up with something much more attractive that is much, much higher quality. And if you're able to shop in person you'll be able to get a sense of the dimensions either way, or you can ask an online seller.

I'm not too worried about "good furniture" or "real wood". Like I said, I'm a big fan of IKEA. Garage sales and used furniture warehouses would be great if they were actual options that I could go to these days. And it's just a personal thing, but I don't really trust craigslist.

Iron Crowned posted:

Get your dimensions, and use a tape measure to figure out the sizes of things, mock things up with painter's tape, paper, cardboard/etc if possible. My roommate has ordered several 3 tier shelf/cart things only to find out they're about 2 feet tall. Great for organizing ziploc bags, terrible at what she was intending to do with them.

This is a great idea and I will have to try it when I'm getting some other furniture later this year. I've also been in the situation where something arrives and it's much smaller than expected.

I guess to clarify my original question, just how wide is a 55" TV usually? If I order online or walk into a store, what would be a good size to look for to support that 55" TV? I know I can just get a stand that specifies that it can hold up to 70" or something but that would probably end up costing way more than I would want to spend.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Most websites should have product dimensions listed. I just googled my TV, and the first result was Best Buy, which had the dimensions listed under "specifications."

Well this is super obvious and I feel foolish now. Just checked a few on Best Buy and Target and they all show the dims. Thank you much!

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

Uncle Lloyd posted:

Picked up 1917 today; digital code at universalredeem.com/Movies Anywhere is

Grabbed this. Thanks!

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

Knives Out steelbook is back. Maybe they made a fresh batch? Idk. It’s full price right now but should be on discount on BF. I bought it anyway because I’ll hope to get the discount later, but I’ve been waiting for this forever. I kept it on my Saved list for months and it never disappeared in the way I associate with “never coming back.”

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/knives...p?skuId=6395105

Supposed to be $15 on BF

I've noticed this happening over the last few years. The "limited edition" steel book coming back in time for black friday. I remember seeing it as far back as 2016 with Logan and maybe even before that. This is why I didn't buy this one back when it came out.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

I, Butthole posted:

Arrow has a flash sale going this week on some of their biggest titles. Grabbed Exorcist 3 and Maniac Cop, finally.

And browsing this sale is how I find out there's a Primer + Upstream Color Blu-Ray 2 pack that's apparently region free.

Any way to know if this would be
A) an upgrade on the existing Blu-ray of Upstream Color
B) an upgrade of the DVD of Primer, which is not the best looking movie in the world in the first place

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Has anyone gotten their VS halfway to black Friday orders yet? I've never ordered from them directly before so I'm not too sure what their shipping is usually like but I'm seeing people on facebook and twitter getting theirs.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Code is coming up as invalid. Possibly taken already?

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

Oh yes! The movie always felt held back by the PG-13 rating so I'm very excited for this.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Does The Guest even have enough of a following to justify that price?

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Yeah it's really the Blu-Rays that still come with DVDs that seem strange.

Also the fact that new movies are still being released on DVD.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Definitely go into 3 assuming it's a movie called "Season of the Witch" and not Halloween

I love this dumb loving movie.

Halloween 3, if not called Halloween 3, would still have the same cult following and Shout Factory Blu-ray. But it would not be getting a UHD.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
First VHS I bought myself was Toy Story (I think)

First DVD was Fight Club and Simpsons season 1 as birthday gifts. First I bought myself was Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

First Blu was Pixar's Up

First UHD was Starship Troopers (a year before I even had a 4k tv or player)

I am happy with all of these.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Amazon missed the delivery on my Krampus 4k today. And I feel like I'm the only one still waiting for my World of Tomorrow Blu-ray from the Kickstarter. All around a bad day for wanting my movies.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
4K wishlist?

Suspiria (2018)
Dark City
Aliens (this one's been announced, right?)
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (I just want any physical release already)

And to repeat others, those early Peter Jackson movies that were announced a few years ago

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
I found the Scanner Cop 4k set from VS at a Half Price Books today. About to watch the first one. I hope I didn't make a huge mistake!

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Scanner Cop is pretty solid. Looking forward to watching part 2 later this week

Iron Crowned posted:

Vinegar Syndrome is never a mistake

I did not feel this way after watching Let My Puppets Come.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
The only problem I have using my PS5 as a player is needing to turn off game mode on my TV when watching a movie and turn it back on when playing a game. Having it on makes movies look kind of bad and having it off causes some annoying input lag on games.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Drop Dead Fred isn't very good but the How Did This Get Made episode on it is pretty amazing. Just lots of angry shouting and disagreements.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

Franchescanado posted:

No one mentioned Criterion is also releasing The Worst Person In The World!

Really amazing film. Wonderful. Glad to hear it's getting release so soon. Kind of a bummer it's only blu-ray and not 4k, but I'll take what I can get.

https://www.criterion.com/films/326...ntent=jun-2022/

The movie is great but it's that cover art that convinced me to buy it.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
My order from Kino arrived today. The discs are rolling around in the cases for Half Baked and Hard Target. And they sent me 2 copies of Hannibal but my order confirmation email shows I did only order one.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Any opinions on the VS Televised Terror boxset? I suddenly found myself wanting to spend a little more money this weekend.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
I went looking for the shipping notification from last year's sale and found that my order went out on June 18th. So now I keep refreshing my email waiting for that sweet sweet update.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
Mine has also not shipped but I'm going to wait until next week to start being concerned.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008
I enjoyed the Bob's Burgers movie but was very unsure about spending that much on it, even with the nice looking steel book. But if this will be the only way to get it in 4k and the value will hold due to the dumb limit, it sounds like not an awful idea to just order it.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

I loved all those Evil Dead releases with the Necronomicon packaging. I mean, that poo poo's all got latex rot by now but back when they first came out they were awesome. I kind of regret selling my Evil Dead DVD, I had it kept nicely in storage and it was still in like new condition.

I will never part with my Necronomicon editions. I will also never take them out of the bags I had to store them in to stop the flakes from getting everywhere.

Good thing I also have Evil Dead on VHS and Blu-ray and Evil Dead 2 on VHS, Blu-ray, 4K and another DVD (had to talk myself out of a laserdisc a few months ago because I couldn't justify spending $60 on a format I can't even play)

Also, unrelated, but my VS order has finally shipped!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

This just kept getting worse the longer I looked at it.