Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I think Billy has done a pretty good job choosing people to tour with. I loved the 07 an 08 tours, but I also liked the music he was releasing then, and think the band sounds fine when I hear stuff now, the lyrics and mixing are just really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

No, don't do this to me.... I can't again.

You know, if Oceania hadn't been good, great even, I would've lost hope long ago.

But goddammit, it was so much better than Zeitgeist and the teargarden stuff (though Superchrist sounds, to me, like it was right out of Pastichio Medley).

Can that happen again?

Seriously doubt it. If ATUM was supposed to be the spiritual successor to Mellon Collie or whatever the gently caress Billy claimed it would be, he was either playing the heel as he so loves to do or the band as we used to know them is cooked and lost to Billy's synthsoaked space whimsies, and future album listens, at least for me, will be done out of pessimistic masochism rather than fragile optimism.

Like, this band gave us Gish and Siamese Dream. Surely there's some of that energy left somewhere in there, right? But I ain't holding my breath anymore.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Framboise posted:

Like, this band gave us Gish and Siamese Dream. Surely there's some of that energy left somewhere in there, right?

lmao

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Kingo Ligma posted:

Oceania is substantially closer to Siamese Dream than present day sorry.

:thunk:

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

if you want a modern day siamese dream just listen to the new meatbodies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC6GOgQMvDM

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

polyester concept posted:

if you want a modern day siamese dream just listen to the new meatbodies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WC6GOgQMvDM

Holy poo poo.

I need more of this. Thank you!

Though it's missing Jimmy's distinctive drumming. Is there another track by them that has any of that?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

God, that's like a full on Greta Van Fleet style parody.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I don't understand this reference. I know who Greta van fleet are and don't really like them. What I do like is that SD/Pisces Iscariot sound.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Ratios and Tendency posted:

It’s very unapologetic yes. But it still sounds nice

To be fair the rest of the album mixes it up, but still keeps it pretty rooted in heavy psych

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I don't understand this reference.

They sound like led zeppelin a little too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
inspiration vs derivativenessage