Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/5kUFG19TX4JBy4Tt2

+2 POINTS FOR YOUR WORST RAW/SD CROSSOVER IDEA

Year end results Monday.

I have put some thought into it and decided it’s time for someone else to take the throne on this. I’m sure this comes as no surprise but I’m losing interest in WWE outside of watching my nephew mark out for Cena. I will score out last years ending as well as Backlash this week. I’ll also send out some PMs to send some fun prizes for this year and last year’s winners.

If someone is ready to take the lead, shoot me a PM or post here. it doesn’t take much more than knowing how to filter and vlookup or match/index In excel. If you’re excited to do so and know how to do those, drop a post and we can figure out a handoff.

If no one has the experience to do so, I’ll give someone a free 1:1 excel lesson to teach them if they’re a regular poster. There’s probably a better method to do the poll but as a lowly financial analyst I lack the coding skills to do so. but if you think you can pull that off feel free to throw your hat in the ring and we can chat.

Thanks for playing all. As much as I bitch about the process it’s been really fun reading everyone’s bonus answers, and I hope you had fun over the last two years. Hope it’s not too big of a letdown.

Golashes posted:

Two other notes:
-J-Ru if you can PM me some way to get in touch it’d be helpful to find someone good for the handoff
-gently caress that KSA poo poo and +6 points if you can link good activist groups working in the region that people (me) can donate to

Golashes fucked around with this message at 08:37 on May 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bob Roode and Tye Dillinger have a best of 10 series even though everyone keeps pointing out constantly before, during, and after all their segments and matches that it could just end in a tie. then one of them wins enough matches that it doesn't end in a tie and the entire thing isn't mentioned again. But you still get to keep on reading about how good tye dillinger is as well

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
Two other notes:
-J-Ru if you can PM me some way to get in touch it’d be helpful to find someone good for the handoff
-gently caress that KSA poo poo and +6 points if you can link good activist groups working in the region that people (me) can donate to

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Roman Reigns main eventing both shows, every week

here is a site that tries to help migrant workers and you can donate to them but i d k the full impact they are having
https://www.migrant-rights.org/

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i can't find a link, but the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Mohammad bin Salman, is working really hard to improve the quality of life of all people in the kingdom, and could use any money you have to spare

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

My worst SD/RAW crossover idea is Roman is suddenly on both shows and at one point has to have a match against himself while the announcers constantly go on about brand superiority. The match against himself is filmed like the house of horrors.

For activists in the region, try Medecins Sans Frontiers, also known as Doctors Without Borders. They provide valuable medical treatment in war torn areas, and you can donate directly to their Yemen operations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Predictions made.

Worst Raw/Smackdown crossover idea: Vince McMahon and Road Dogg decide to help NXT by combining their Raw and Smackdown booking prowess to an NXT Takeover show.

You can find information about Women's Activism groups in Saudi Arabia here.

I wish I could jump in and take over running these but I'm already super-stretched for time to make for the forums as it is and that isn't likely to change for at least a couple of years due to (cool, good and much-appreciated) stuff in my personal life, unfortunately.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Braun Strowman and Bobby Lashley go for the Smackdown tag titles, but on the way Lashley uhhh twists his ankle or something and he can’t compete anymore. Hulk Hogan comes out in his place and wins the titles with Braun in ten seconds. They hold the belts until the sun eats the earth.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Predictions submitted and thanks for all this, Golashes.

My terrible idea is Brock unifying the top titles then Roman winning the new belt but only AFTER AJ beat the poo poo out of Brock the same night.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
A unification match between the Universal Title and WWE Title goes horribly awry, lawyers get involved, and the case is settled live on RAW in Little People's Court.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The one thing keeping the Big Dog down was a lack of exposure so both brands are blessed with the gift of Big Dog. He still continues to lose to Brock Lesnar but he comes a bit closer to winning with each match.

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

Worst crossover idea: Have a survivor series match between Raw and Smackdown at every pay-per-view. The Raw team wins every match with a clean sweep every time.

https://www.baitulmaal.org/yemen/

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Roman Reigns being the heavyweight champion does crossover open challenges where he never loses

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

worst raw/sd crossover idea: they go to a show in saudi arabia order to entertain spoiled rich kids with more money than gods and openly do apologism for racism, sexism, and war crimes

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES
So I know I'm not a regular poster (I really need to fix that and stop lurking) and I know nothing about excel, but I stole your idea and run a prediction game for a group of friends on discord. If whoever takes over needs ideas for questions or formatting or whatever I can post what I've made and you can borrow as much of it as you'd like. Here's my WM34 game as an example: https://goo.gl/forms/jsM8Fnl6eLGIbhj52

e: Thanks for running this for as long as you did. I only ever entered one or two of them, but it was a lot of fun and of course inspired me to make my own. Grading six of them is a pain in the rear end, I can't imagine doing it for the whole subforum

PicklesMcGillicuddy fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 6, 2018

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Crossover idea: A special five-hour PPV where RAW and SD wrestlers face off each other... in nothing but promo battles. No matches, only promos talking about wrestlers they'll never interact with on weekly TV.

Also thank you Golashes, you've done a good job.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
thank you for all youve done in letting me be very wrong about wwe events

for my smackdown/raw crossover i will be putting the money in the bank briefcase at the top of the wcw three-tier cage, which will be inside of the punjabi prison. we're gonna jam 32 big boys in that sucker, 16 from each show. all scrambling to get that briefcase then get out of olmec's hidden temple the three-level cage and over the punjabi prison walls to win. oh and there's three cases in there now, one for raw, one for sd, and one for braun's green belt. the green one is a fanny pack though, it'll help facilitate, uh, if someone needs to carry all three.

and if that doesn't get roman over i don't know what will.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Thank you Golashes for your hard work in keeping feet dry

The worst idea is every PPV being Roman Reigns having six half half hour long matches taking on all comers from Raw, Smackdown, and NXT, and winning every single time.

I'm not sure if someone linked it already because I am dumb, but https://app.mobilecause.com/vf/SAMIFORSYRIA

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Worst crossover idea: Bob Roode vs. Randy Orton best of 21

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
SD/Raw Crossover idea: A Nakamura feud with Reigns.

Charity, it's Afghanistan, but same idea. This way your money doesn't go to the KSA: http://www.womenforafghanwomen.org/page2

Senerio fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 6, 2018

Buzzsaw
Oct 9, 2005

Cranium Deconstructor
david arquette wins the universal title, jumps to smackdown (now known as wcw monday nitro live)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SD/Raw crossover idea: All The Smackdown heels team up and challenge Roman Reigns to a triple cage of doom match named the Alliance to End Roman Reigns. Roman fights them all off until the end....When Brock comes in and hits one F5 to win

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Worst crossover idea: Jinder vs literally anyone on SD

Metalocalypse
Jul 29, 2006
Crossover Idea: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Brock Lesnar in a dick kicking match.

Also, submitted.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Worst crossover idea: The IC and US titles get unified so the champ can appear on both shows, and the guy who gets the rub and exposure of being the first unified champ is Randy Orton

NilkNarf
Apr 24, 2005

...if you're into the blight.
A series of elimination tag team matches where the only prize is bragging points for the show you happen to work for.

International Federation for Human Rights
https://www.fidh.org/en

And it's not a charity, but the Polite Conversations podcast has a few good interviews with Saudi Arabian people about human rights and day-to-day life under those conditions. Here's one
https://soundcloud.com/politeconversations/episode-23-life-in-saudi-arabia-stopenslavingsaudiwomen

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Metalocalypse posted:

Crossover Idea: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Brock Lesnar in a dick kicking match.

Also, submitted.

That would be good, though

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
worst idea: roman has a cross-promotion feud with brock with hornswoggle as the special ref hired by heyman

also i've not found a donation link but if you want do some actual good in syria, here's a contact page for joining the YPG in the Rojava federation

https://www.ypgrojava.org/Contact-Us

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

the worst crossover is nia jax vs carmella

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
hey hey you know whats a good crossover name for RAW and Smackdown

Infinity Bore

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

BEST IDEA IS THE BIG DOG ROMAN REIGNS WRESTLING EVERY MATCH AGAINST HIMSELF, THE ONLY MAN HE CAN'T BEAT!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Worst crossover: Jinder vs Randy Orton best of 100

There is the Syria Campaign
https://thesyriacampaign.org/

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007
The Miztourage becomes the new Balor Club and they fued with AJ and Bul...uh...The Club on Smackdown.

It'd probably be better than we think.

Also thanks for doing this the past two years. It's always been a fun addition to PPV Sundays.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
The Miz takes the IC title, leaving raw with no belts and forcing someone anyone to take out Lesnar at any cost.

Also the Miz somehow gets the rest of the belts

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for all you’ve done Golashes

Worst idea: Reigns becomes free agent and wins both top belts and somehow the cruuserweight belt and NXT belt because lol booking. All shows now have DAH BIG DAWG

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Jinder feuds with Rusev over the right to call every day their own day. Jinder wins and every day is now Jinder Day. Rusev is never seen again, and Jinder also gets Lana, who now has an Indian accent for some reason.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Iron Man Match between Jinder Mahal and Randy Orton.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Please help out the people of Yemen: Saudis are waist deep in a campaign of genocide against Houthi "rebels" in Yemen and the U.S. Govt is fully on board because we are haram Western devils

On a more serious note: Roman Reigns becomes a free agent and main events EVERY ppv for each brand's top title and always manages to lose but continues to get a rematch title shot. Daniel Bryan becomes a free agent and main events EVERY ppv preshow and loses to every comedy jobber and lower midcarder in the company.

E: beaten

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 6, 2018

pen0r
May 28, 2004

I really DO heart to fart.
Road Dogg booking Raw is my crossover idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
After Brock injures an audience member after throwing a car door into the stands in anger, Kurt Angle introduces the WWE Superstar Registration Act. Paige and her Smackdown roster oppose it; those who support Kurt jump or stay to Raw, and the ones who oppose it do likewise for Smackdown.

Turf wars ensue. Kalisto unmasks in front of the world but then erases everyone's memory of the event through a deal with Mayor Kane.

• Locked thread