Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Flavahbeast posted:

that was flyff

people talking about BJs in flyff will never not make me giggle.

Other than the fact that apparently they killed bow jesters or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

cyrn posted:

Yes, and historically this has been the playstyle of choice for the most geared players in the game. If you choose to, you can almost completely ignore the combat portion of the game and just do the various life skills in various activity levels from active to semi-afk to very afk.

Pretty sure the playstyle for the most geared players in the game was more of grinding, playing the enhancing market, or paying someone in the philippines to grind for you. You simply cannot keep up with someone who grinds with non-combat activities unless what you're actually doing is playing the marketplace.

Maybe in like the calpheon/mediah era, but that is so long ago and irrelevant

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

What is the best server to play Maple Story on?

Do not play maple story on anything but one of the reboot servers

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Freakazoid_ posted:

I guess it's been long enough to forget, but MMOs used to underestimate launch day numbers all the time.

Used to? And just mmos?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Truga posted:

black desert is right there op :v

What drops are you grinding for to upgrade your character in BDO? Like at that point, MapleStory qualifies as well, even though all the relevant gear drops are from bossing

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Truga posted:

there's drops that let you upgrade your armor pieces where either you get 100 smol drops and then combine them, or you get 1 big drop you can use directly, and it's tuned so on average you get 1 full drop every 100 smol drops. so if you get unlucky you can still upgrade your item in a reasonable timeframe, but if you get lucky you'll be done quick

Or, unless things have changed, you just grind somewhere else that makes more silver because a lot of the rare drop grind spots had horribly nerfed silver income compared to ones that didn't, and then you just buy one from an idiot who sells it. Like there are always drops you can use, but for the longest time, the best solution was always to just buy the drop because the market price limit was too low as was the silver income at the spot it dropped. The only drops people actually grinded for themselves when I stopped were either things that could only be gotten for yourself at the time (infinite potion, compass, map, etc) or were just not available on the market because the only people getting them would never sell them (e.g. debo necks).

Maybe things have changed, but for the longest time, BDO was a 'just buy everything' game, and silver income was what mattered. Flames were in the game already, but they were market price capped at 'dirt cheap'

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Truga posted:

idk, the highest silver per hour i make at my AP is also where i'm working on labreska flames, and when i hit 300ap i'm gonna be grinding the poo poo out of highlands, because that's the highest silver for my class at that ap and i get the ator flames there

They must have changed their philosophy on this then, because turos was basically always garbage when those flames were the latest thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

lol I looked up the first game just now and was surprised to learn that its still running. I swore it shut down.

Archeage fresh start mk2 unchained final season 3

Or whatever they call it these days