Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hello friends. Here is the prediction game for the glorified House Show that's happening this weekend.

You can make your predictions here: https://goo.gl/forms/3kNC0pDZdLDdLzFb2

Because there are two (bad) events this month instead of a normal one, I've cut scoring a bit.

Post about the weird lengths you're going to so you can watch this live, or what you'll be doing instead that prevents you from doing so.

Cutoff is uhhhh I dunno midnight est Friday night(/Saturday Morning), but if there are no odds posted I probably won't really care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm probably not watching this at all because Mario Party comes out on Friday and I'm gonna be playing that all night with my friends and then I have to wake up early to meet with other friends to play the Arkham Horror card game (which owns) on Saturday and then I have a Birthday thing to go to on Saturday evening.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What kind of points do I get if I guess who Brie injures?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I'm probably going to be sleeping or watching EPL games instead.

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007
I will be asleep and read the results when I wake up and eat cereal.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Saint Freak posted:

What kind of points do I get if I guess who Brie injures?

A sense of Pride and Accomplishment

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i will be sleeping because lmao at being awake at 2 loving am for this poo poo

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I might wake up a little early to watch it because I have other stuff I can do while I watch like get my workout taken care of.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I am not watching live, I'd rather sleep. I'll maybe watch a replay later in the day.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I guess I will sleep because if I watch this event then saying the reason I don't watch NJPW will be moot

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm gonna be sleeping because why the hell would I want to watch this live or at all

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

it's on at 10am on Saturday, and tbh I don't have anything better to do that day

(note to self: find something better to do)

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

It's so inconsequential that I don't have any urge to watch it, live or delayed.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

TheRico posted:

I will be asleep and read the results when I wake up and eat cereal.

Same, but might forget to read the results until that night

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is my first weekend off for awhile and it's not on at a bad time so I don't really need to go to any great lengths to watch this, happily.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Triple H is going over, brother.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know what i will be doing. Maybe i'll be asleep, or playing that madden.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'm still awake at 5 in the morning anyway, so i'm going to be here, and my friends should join me in the live thread. but only my friends

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i might be playing ghost of a tale, unless i've already finished it by then.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
It's on at 6pm my time so I might watch it, probably in a small minimized window on my computer.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I am not confident in a lot of my picks. Basically i am not sure how house show this will be so I went all "send the crowd home happy". Which comes into conflict which comes into conflict with other prediction philosophy like "The Iconics Don't Usually Win". On the third hand, Asuka is the stupidest character and a jobber now so they might.

Personally I'm just hoping they air the "Saudi Arabia is good actually" promo videos with Australia clumsily dubbed over Saudi and no other changes.

E: I'm watching this with a group of people and we all decided we would rather watch at lunchtime than 4AM.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'll give you a freebie hint. The 2conics will confuse Asuka by talking in a really bad Japanese accent and Asuka will be like 'is that me is there a second me??' and get rolled up.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
I believe that they will have Australians win, and I think WWE is actually petty enough to think that Punk's one last record (WWE champion for a calendar year) needs to be beaten.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Brock already did that though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'll be asleep. Yeah.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Aphrodite posted:

Brock already did that though.

Not a calender year. Brock wasn't champion for all of 2017. Do not doubt the pettiness.

At least Punk's reign had highs and lows (many bad feuds, some good), a turn, the shield, the Rock. AJ's just won a bunch of lovely feuds.

nonrev
Jul 15, 2012

I will set an alarm for 5 a.m. and then ignore it and go back to sleep.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I won't be watching this because I don't have the Network.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I think the IIconics can lose so that Buddy Murphy can win.

Also the last time they were in Australia they demanded to be billed from Orlando, Florida, so expect that gem tomorrow.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Asuka and Naomi will probably lose tomorrow but don't worry they will get their win back soon after on a random Smackdown.

That being said I can see the IIconics losing as well simply because they have a "victory dance" prepared for the event which could get them over with the audience. And WWE cant have people getting over who arent the chosen ones.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzzsaw
Oct 9, 2005

Cranium Deconstructor
even richard feynman couldn’t find an alternate universe where i’m waking up to watch this horse poo poo

• Locked thread